daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 12th, 2017, 07:24 PM   #21
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

well, you have to start somewhere i guess.

Zaz965 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2017, 03:25 PM   #22
Twopsy

Likes (Received): 68

I do not like the idea that their might be investors who would like to build a much higher tower, but the government forbids that. Many of us are among the lucky people who can travel around the world to see skyscrapers, but for many people this will be the only skyscraper they will ever see in their entire life.

I used Google Earth to move some talle buildings to that exact location.

Messeturm (Frankfurt), The Shard (London) and IFC (Guangzhou):

This shows that so far from the city center even very tall buildings will not be a problem.

Last edited by Twopsy; March 18th, 2017 at 04:11 PM.
Twopsy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:02 PM   #23
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Likes (Received): 27255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopsy View Post
Many of us are among the lucky people who can travel around the world to see skyscrapers, but for many people this will be the only skyscraper they will ever see in their entire life.
And because they have never seen one in real, they don't know that it is not the end of the world if there is one of them in their city. And those people go to vote, and this building is perfect stuff to complain about anything. So there must be a high max.

If you really ask me we will probably not see even this building rising in Hamburg. No private investor puts 1bn$ in a 200m "sculpture" located in a second city. It can only be repaid by offering expensive office space in a very representive building. And every company who would finance it as key-tenant would like to see his brand sign on top. This what the city gouvernment is trying to avoid.

What I want from the major and his mates is saying the following to the people:
" This building will not include
- shelter for homeless people
- social housing
- free offices for poor artits
- free entrance to the top floor
- or simular stuff
- it will be a f*cking office building
We need a new Attention wh*re in a hard fought competition between european metropolian areas or investment, youth and value creative people.
So we have to put our dick frequently on the table, otherwise people just forget about us. There will be no further investment, the youth and value creating peoplew will go somehwere else and you will gonna loose your job and have to give up your little allotment garden. So shut the f*ck up and deal with the fact, that the world is larger than your little mind.
"

- Be honest to people and they will reward it and maybe accept that building to be rise.
- If you try to sell this building as something it is not for real and just cannot be, the people will not reward.
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 01:36 AM   #24
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28210

Nice twist. Looking forward to see more detailed renders.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 08:43 PM   #25
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Elbtower enters next Stage.

Several national and international investors are bidding for this project and have supmitted their aplictation (Architecture design + financial concept) to the HafenCity GmbH. Deadline was 15th September. The City wanted to choose the best conecpts and start negociations with the investors on Monday, october23th. This date can not be kept, since more bidders than expected joined the race.

Meanwhile I found a better rendering of the offical mass-study by moka-studio

http://www.moka-studio.com

(and I have been proven wrong)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji-Ja-Jot View Post
If you really ask me we will probably not see even this building rising in Hamburg. No private investor puts 1bn$ in a 200m "sculpture" located in a second city.
Old October 21st, 2017, 10:50 PM   #26
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

It would be amazing if Hamburg were to build that tower. The Hafen City would have two icons. Elbphilharmonie on one side, Elbtower on the other.
I'm sceptical though... In Frankfurt I'd easily believe you, in other German cities...that is going to be difficult. :/
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 01:37 PM   #27
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

If not now than never, as long Hamburg can profitate from the Elbe Philharmonic Effect. I am already kinda surprised that so many inverstors are willing to put >1bn$ in so few floor space. On the other hand, whoever builds this will got an incon for himself the next 200 Years, if Scholz is right it will remain the only skyscraper in the city for that time period.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:46 PM   #28
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

I really hope this one gets build
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 06:52 PM   #29
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Mass Study in a city model located in the Center vor City Planning an Enviroment in Wilhelmsburg

While for a Visualisation we need to whait to January. I already know that 3 (investor)candidates are left after some elemination precedures.

- Gerchgroup
- Signa Group
- Tishman Speyer
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:36 PM   #30
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

If the idea is just to build one single tall tower not to offend anti-tower-people, they might as well might make that single tower as tall as they can. Go for 300m, dudes.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 10:56 AM   #31
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Building just one is already an offense.
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #32
ELH

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
If the idea is just to build one single tall tower not to offend anti-tower-people, they might as well might make that single tower as tall as they can. Go for 300m, dudes.

I disagree. Building just one Tower that dawrfs the rest of the city makes it look like an attempted compensation for a self image problem.

Hamburg is big enough (1.8 million in the city proper alone) to have a greater skyline. But if it restricts itself to just one landmark building, it`d better not seem so displeased with its own european urbanism that it prefers a half-hearted attempt at something Dubaian.

200 meters in the outskirts of the center is unitable With the present city center - hence a right step at present.

zwischbl liked this post
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote