daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises > Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #1
Victoria123

Likes (Received): 1768

TORONTO | 552 Church Street | 40 fl | Pro

NEWUSER liked this post
Victoria123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2017, 02:21 AM   #2
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10789

Proposals like this highlight how mind numbing many of our other new buildings are. I'm talking to you Bisha, Bond, and about 50 others.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Victoria123 liked this post
isaidso está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #3
Sandy88

Likes (Received): 3

when start costruction? It's start?
Sandy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2017, 08:59 PM   #4
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy88 View Post
when start costruction? It's start?
There's a lengthy process it has to go through first. It still has to receive approval. If that's denied, it will likely go through revisions and then it's re-submitted for approval. This can go back and forth for quite a while. If there's some backlash from area residents/businesses they can tie things up for ages.

After approval comes sales, then permits.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
Old March 29th, 2017, 09:29 PM   #5
Victoria123

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Proposals like this highlight how mind numbing many of our other new buildings are. I'm talking to you Bisha, Bond, and about 50 others.
While this is just another glassy box, it is a welcome change to the rather anti-urban area.
Old March 31st, 2017, 09:22 PM   #6
isaidso
the new republic

The area is low rise but what's not urban about Church/Wellesley?

Old April 1st, 2017, 04:53 AM   #7
Victoria123

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
The area is low rise but what's not urban about Church/Wellesley?
Oh, by anti-urban I meant that the area currently experiences a disparity in developmental applications, compared to the nearby Yonge who is currently experiencing a great influx of such. As a result, the two streets feel as though they are different cities - one belonging to a megacity, and another belonging to a rather smaller city such as Hamilton. It gives character to the city, but I don't mind more density either. Besides, the stretch of drab mid-century buildings, as well as the historical buildings along Church and Wellesley could use some historical restoration and gentrification, aesthetically speaking.

I'm not sure it was intended but you used the "weird" emoticon.
Although this is the internet, please refrain from using such emoticons to express your disagreement with others' opinions. Especially since my reply did not contain anything malignant?

Last edited by Victoria123; April 1st, 2017 at 05:16 AM.
Old April 1st, 2017, 06:58 AM   #8
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria123 View Post
Oh, by anti-urban I meant that the area currently experiences a disparity in developmental applications, compared to the nearby Yonge who is currently experiencing a great influx of such. As a result, the two streets feel as though they are different cities - one belonging to a megacity, and another belonging to a rather smaller city such as Hamilton. It gives character to the city, but I don't mind more density either. Besides, the stretch of drab mid-century buildings, as well as the historical buildings along Church and Wellesley could use some historical restoration and gentrification, aesthetically speaking.

I'm not sure it was intended but you used the "weird" emoticon.
Although this is the internet, please refrain from using such emoticons to express your disagreement with others' opinions. Especially since my reply did not contain anything malignant?
Thanks for the clarification. I used the 'weird' emoticon as urban usually refers to things like pedestrian oriented areas with densely packed buildings and access to subways/LRT. It doesn't have to do with height/scale of buildings or their condition. That's why I found it odd that you described it as 'anti-urban'.

I agree that Church-Wellesley could do with a major overhaul, significantly taller buildings, and an investment in the public realm. That said, it's already very urban imo.

Old October 20th, 2017, 06:51 AM   #9
Victoria123