daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 7th, 2006, 05:25 AM   #181
Clashman

Likes (Received): 18

A wise man once said "I may never be able to knock down this wall, but I'm going to take out a brick if I have to pry it out with my fingers".
Clashman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:26 AM   #182
Modernization
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashman
A wise man once said "I may never be able to knock down this wall, but I'm going to take out a brick if I have to pry it out with my fingers".
Hey whats the name of the wise man? Is it George Bush?
Modernization no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:28 AM   #183
xAKxRUSx

Likes (Received): 7021

Not only do you have to change the supply side of it... but also the demand. The consumers have to change their tastes and their ways.
xAKxRUSx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:28 AM   #184
Clashman

He's no-one famous, unless he ripped it off from someone else. The fact that he wasn't famous, however, doesn't mean he wasn't wise.
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:40 AM   #185
Clashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAKxRUSx
Not only do you have to change the supply side of it... but also the demand. The consumers have to change their tastes and their ways.
Trust me when I say that I'm aware of that. Once again, I think you presume that you know more about me than you do. I most certainly believe that there needs to be big changes on both sides of the Pacific. My problem is when anyone who dares to criticize China is automatically derided by a plethora of Chinese nationalists as a pawn of George Bush, and then people on this forum take their words as those of all Chinese, when in reality their voice is only so prevalent because those in their country who disagree with them aren't allowed to speak up for themselves.
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:50 AM   #186
wigo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Trust me when I say that I'm aware of that. Once again, I think you presume that you know more about me than you do. I most certainly believe that there needs to be big changes on both sides of the Pacific. My problem is when anyone who dares to criticize China is automatically derided by a plethora of Chinese nationalists as a pawn of George Bush, and then people on this forum take their words as those of all Chinese, when in reality their voice is only so prevalent because those in their country who disagree with them aren't allowed to speak up for themselves.
This website is free to access from anywhere. And most of forumers are oversea chinese because of english skill.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #187
Clashman

There sure aren't a lot of dispossessed Chinese peasants cruising these forums though, that's for sure. The vast majority of those who reach the level of English proficiency needed to participate on this forum didn't spend their childhoods tilling fields or their adulthoods sewing garments and working construction in the PRC.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:00 AM   #188
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
There sure aren't a lot of dispossessed Chinese peasants cruising these forums though, that's for sure.
This world is not your imagination.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:02 AM   #189
Clashman

"So long as people have no basis of comparison, they'll never know they're oppressed."
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:03 AM   #190
xAKxRUSx

Quote:
Funny thing is... is that I think you think you know more than anyone else. Especially from your previous posts... and some hypocracy involved.

Many people, in many countries, including the US, aren't allowed to speak for themselves.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:06 AM   #191
Clashman

Quote:
Funny thing is... is that I think you think you know more than anyone else. Especially from your previous posts... and some hypocracy involved.

Many people, in many countries, including the US, aren't allowed to speak for themselves.
Once again, where did I say the U.S. was a model to look up to?
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #192
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
"So long as people have no basis of comparison, they'll never know they're oppressed."
If you are really care about others, please do something about 47% of India kids who are mulnutrutioned. Otherwise you are just another hypocritic person who are jealose of China's achievement.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:08 AM   #193
xAKxRUSx

^ It's just a country that many can relate to... is all. That and the US always gloats about their "freedom of speech" and etc.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:09 AM   #194
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
^ It's just a country that many can relate to... is all. That and the US always gloats about their "freedom of speech" and etc.
No, that is indeed clashman relate to.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:10 AM   #195
xAKxRUSx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
If you are really care about others, please do something about 47% of India kids who are mulnutrutioned. Otherwise you are just another hypocritic person who are jealose of China's achievement.
Or Darfur... that seems to be a popular current event... but most gov'ts aren't doing anythign about it. Just like Rwanda and etc.
But India is good too. Or any country where there are poor (which is every country.)
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #196
xAKxRUSx

Quote:
No, that is indeed clashman relate to.
Yea, the "^" were meant for clashman... you just posted a little earlier than me.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:15 AM   #197
Clashman

Quote:
If you really care about China you would be willing to engage in a serious discussion of it's shortcomings rather than attack everyone who brings them up and trying to divert attention to the shortcomings of India and the U.S.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:17 AM   #198
Clashman

Quote:
Once again, George Bush doesn't speak for me. When W and Rumsfield try to divert attention from torture and Abu Ghraib by saying how terrible "them terrorists" are, it is the same thing as what wigo is doing with respect to China's problems. Both are wrong, and shouldn't be accepted blindly. Or at all, for that matter.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #199
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
If you really care about China you would be willing to engage in a serious discussion of it's shortcomings rather than attack everyone who brings them up and trying to divert attention to the shortcomings of India and the U.S.
For China, the most important issue is economic development. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS????
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #200
xAKxRUSx

^ How do you know he doesn't? Maybe he gives to charity? Or the poor in his community?