daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:33 PM   #261
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
So lets get to a point I am getting bored by circling around the same thing all the time.

1.This is a discussion forum not a universtiy. It has to be possible to post something without being attacked even though you "only " got it from the free indepent press.
It is very possible to post something without being attacked -- just don't lie or slander other people/countries, show some respect. Is this too much to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
( Where do you get your independent information from)
Mostly from many different sources, as I don't trust any one of them completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
No, you are allowed to cirtisize everything, without having to have a better solution.
Yes you are, but just don't expect people to react politely when you offer no solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
I critisize the US policy in Irak, but that doesnt mean I ahve a better soluton or even have the chanse to realise.
Iraq war is a different issue, but for argument's sake, my suggestion would have been not to start the war in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
Thats not what Freedom is about.
Whats your oppinion in this case?
Freedom is not unconditional, do you have the freedom to be above the law and pay no tax in Germany? Similarly, freedom of speech does not give you the right to slander and verbally abuse other people and lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
Who do I critisize? The people beiing corrupt and peculating money that the resettled should get?
The chinese government for not being able to stop this corruption ?
That's an entirely different issue, I'm criticizing you because you believed something that is obviously untrue and refuse to see the reason. This debated started when I pointed out that your German tv program on TGD was not accurate on the relocation issue, and you refuse to accept the reasons I gave on the ground that Germany allows freedom of speech -- which has nothing to do with facts of TGD.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
Non of all that.
I am critisizing people from a communist country who want to tell me what freedom of speech is.
I think if you criticize people just because of their countries of origin, then your criticism is just bullshit, and no one should take you seriously because your country is responsible for holocaust and Nazis. Oh, I've been living in Australia for almost 10 years, I know what freedom of speech is and how it is practised in western countries. Your slandering doesn't work on me.
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:41 PM   #262
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerD21
Don't twist my words, yeah? How can one interpret my post like that?
And I actually don't take it as truth what I hear in the german media, I just stated what they say. Why some of you feel personally attacked?
I wonder if you have the ability to interprete your own English sentences, what you said originally was:

Quote:
According to german media the relocated people haven't received any compensation (or it didn't reach them thanks to corrupt authorities), lost their jobs and can't find a new one.
The phrase "the relocated people" means "all the people that were relocated". How else am I supposed to interpret it? If you did not mean "all the people", why didn't you say "some", "a few", "several", "a few hundred"?

If you read my first reply, you will see that I didn't criticize you, I just said that the German media in question obviously did not do their homework and carry out fair and unbiased journalism. It's your compatriot who started this whole debate by defending the quality of the journalism in this particular German program.
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:49 PM   #263
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Green
From the comments you made in other threads i think you would like the German media. I haven`t seen the last dam report but i have seen some others. The media don`t blame the goverment itself but the corrupted small fries, who use the compensation money for themselfes. Didn`t you write some time ago that such people should get shot in the head?
I don't hate or like German media, I only occasionally watch DW (or something like that) when I flick through my sat TV, I'm just commenting on their obvious lack of professionalism on the people relocation issue of this particular report of TGD and that is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Green
I think i heard somewhere that even the Chinese media reported about the corruption around the three gorges dam.
I've never said every single family that was relocated was satisfactorily compensated, I don't even know whether I support the building of TGD. I've also read reports of corruption in the relocation program and local and dam officials got a deserved bullet in the head for stealing relocation money (I wish these scums' families were forced to pay for the bullets). But the scale of corruption implied in DiggerD21's post is just too great for anyone to believe.
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:51 PM   #264
DiggerD21
spaghetti polonaise
 
DiggerD21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hamburg, Wroclaw
Posts: 2,540
Likes (Received): 1355

The part of your interpretation I don't understand is that they were relocated by military force. I haven't implied that in my post and wonder how one can interpret this.
but you are right, I have to correct my statement. The german reporters of this TV program asked SOME relocated people about their situation which is that THESE people haven't got any compensation and lost their jobs. The reporters then haven't found relocated people who got their compensation and probably implied that virtually NONE of the relocated ones got any (sufficient) compensation.
DiggerD21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:53 PM   #265
Rem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 308
Likes (Received): 8

"no one should take you seriously because your country is responsible for holocaust and Nazis. "

--->no one should take you seriously because your country is responsible for Cultural revolution and the death of millions people....
it's a very stupid argument.
Rem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:55 PM   #266
tiger
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chongqing,重庆
Posts: 2,963
Likes (Received): 20

Rem,as a China-basher,what's your feeling?

All your statements toward China are fully negative or biased,what will this kind of behavior bring to you?Will you feel something rummy after sex or what?

Last edited by tiger; May 21st, 2006 at 07:01 PM.
tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:00 PM   #267
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerD21
The part of your interpretation I don't understand is that they were relocated by military force. I haven't implied that in my post and wonder how one can interpret this.
I thought your Germans were supposed to be good at logic. With out military force or sufficient compensation, how could you possibly convince over a million people to abandon their homes and lives and just pack up a few suitcases of possessions and go somewhere else? You think the WW2 German jews would have been willingly to give up everything they had without the force of the German police and military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerD21
but you are right, I have to correct my statement. The german reporters of this TV program asked SOME relocated people about their situation which is that THESE people haven't got any compensation and lost their jobs. The reporters then haven't found relocated people who got their compensation and probably implied that virtually NONE of the relocated ones got any (sufficient) compensation.
Exactly how many people did they interview and did the reporter actually generalize from statements of a few interviewees to the ridiculous claim that none of the over one million relocated people had been given compensation? Or was that ridiculous post of yours a result of your lack of English skills?
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:03 PM   #268
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem
"no one should take you seriously because your country is responsible for holocaust and Nazis. "

--->no one should take you seriously because your country is responsible for Cultural revolution and the death of millions people....
it's a very stupid argument.
and no one should take you seriously because you don't have the ability to
understand other people's posts before putting your foot in your mouth. oh, and because you are french.
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:03 PM   #269
Rem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 308
Likes (Received): 8

my feeling is the three gorge dam is the new great wall of China, a incredible construction which will product much electricity.
Rem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:07 PM   #270
Rem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 308
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by didu
and no one should take you seriously because you don't have the ability to
understand other people's posts before putting your foot in your mouth. oh, and you are french.
what you say is more and more intelligent. Oh, and you are chinese.
Rem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:07 PM   #271
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,275
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem
"no one should take you seriously because your country is responsible for holocaust and Nazis. "

--->no one should take you seriously because your country is responsible for Cultural revolution and the death of millions people....
it's a very stupid argument.
Does China point finger at France, or Germany? I am only asking your dumbasses to leave us alone, clear?
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:10 PM   #272
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM
my feeling is the three gorge dam is the new great wall of China, a incredible construction which will product much electricity.
yeah, contrary to popular belief that the great wall of china was built to defend china from the invasions of the northern barbarians, the true purpose of the great wall was to generate electricity from um ... the wind that blows across the wall ... to power who-knows-what in ancient china.
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:11 PM   #273
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,275
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
Yep, thats right : German media is a piece of joke, noncritical , unprofessional, not a little bit independent,biased and full of prejudice.

Good to have the communist party of china and their press ( and all the formers here) telleng the truth, the truth and nothing but the whole truht.

I think its time that we install a system like in china in germany again
I guess 9% growth for 28 years is not produced by Xinhua, don't you think?
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:12 PM   #274
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem
what you say is more and more intelligent. Oh, and you are chinese.
i'm glad you've finally figured that out, you are not totally hopeless. now, eat your veggie!
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:17 PM   #275
pflo777
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,456
Likes (Received): 89

Lets cut this short

Quote:
This debated started when I pointed out that your German tv program on TGD was not accurate on the relocation issue, and you refuse to accept the reasons
Ok.

They made an intview with guys complaining that they didnt get compensation and as they went to court they got kicked out.
Wow, nothing special so far.

Here is the document, the guy at the end is talking chinese

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...wm_dsl,00.html

Why do you regard this as an insult or a lie?
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:20 PM   #276
Rem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 308
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by didu
yeah, contrary to popular belief that the great wall of china was built to defend china from the invasions of the northern barbarians, the true purpose of the great wall was to generate electricity from um ... the wind that blows across the wall ... to power who-knows-what in ancient china.
I compare the immensity of these constructions. not their aims...
Rem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:24 PM   #277
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Lets cut this short

Quote:
: This debated started when I pointed out that your German tv program on TGD was not accurate on the relocation issue, and you refuse to accept the reasons
Ok. They made an intview with guys complaining that they didnt get compensation and as they went to court they got kicked out. Wow, nothing special so far.

Here is the document, the guy at the end is talking chinese http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inha...-wm_dsl,00.html Why do you regard this as an insult or a lie?
since when pointing out a poor piece of journalism is equal to feeling being insulted?

I already told you why I think that partcular report is poor journalism:

(1) It does not report from the perspective of the government which is one of the two sides of the relocation coin.

(2) It interviewed only a handful of clearly unsatisfied people (who were most likely under-compensated) and generalized that to over a million people who were also part of the relocation program.

If you don't think these two missing pieces are serious, then we have nothing to talk about.
__________________
My photo blog
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:28 PM   #278
DiggerD21
spaghetti polonaise
 
DiggerD21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hamburg, Wroclaw
Posts: 2,540
Likes (Received): 1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by didu
I thought your Germans were supposed to be good at logic. With out military force or sufficient compensation, how could you possibly convince over a million people to abandon their homes and lives and just pack up a few suitcases of possessions and go somewhere else?
There is a third way of convincing people: making promises. The people just have to be naive enough to believe in the promises. However I still haven't stated by which method the people were relocated and you are still putting words into my mouth. (And for the records: I haven't stated that the relocated people were naive).

Quote:
Exactly how many people did they interview and did the reporter actually generalize from statements of a few interviewees to the ridiculous claim that none of the over one million relocated people had been given compensation?
They showed only a handful of interviewed people in their program. However they might have interviewed hundreds of relocated people who all said similar things. But this is open for interpretation.

Quote:
Or was that ridiculous post of yours a result of your lack of English skills?
I take this sentence as a personal insult. No need for further discussion with you. If you preach more respect towards others then behave yourself accordingly.
DiggerD21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM   #279
didu
Lord of the Ring
 
didu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem
I compare the immensity of these constructions. not their aims...
oh, is that what you meant! seriously, please put some effort into making your sentences less ambiguous.
__________________
My photo blog

Last edited by didu; May 21st, 2006 at 07:49 PM.
didu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM   #280
tiger
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chongqing,重庆
Posts: 2,963
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
Here is the document, the guy at the end is talking chinese

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...wm_dsl,00.html

Why do you regard this as an insult or a lie?
What did the farmer say?I didn't hear clearly,and I don't understand strange german.
tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu