daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 7th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #141
wigo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

what i wrote is truth, i know the reason why us is interested in china is simply because China develops too fast.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:41 AM   #142
Clashman

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
3. China's gov't has support from majority of Chinese people, some control is needed in order for social stability and economic growth.
If the Chinese government really had the support of the majority of Chinese people, they wouldn't be so afraid of democracy and human rights.

Quote:
4. US has already bankrupted Russia, so stay from China, clear?
Quit equating everyone opposed to what's happening in China to the United States. I am not a country. I am an individual. George Bush doesn't speak for me.
Clashman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #143
Modernization
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

What's wrong with China's rapid development, I really want the people to have high standards of living like in the West. How long will it take for China to be developed. The US only afraid communism spreading, and maybe more oversea's companies will come to China and U.S' people will lost their jobs.
Modernization no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:45 AM   #144
Clashman

Quote:
what i wrote is truth, i know the reason why us is interested in china is simply because China develops too fast.
That simply isn't true. I couldn't give a rat's ass about which country is developing fastest or who is building the most skyscrapers. I care first and foremost about people and how they are treated. The country they come from matters little.
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #145
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashman
If the Chinese government really had the support of the majority of Chinese people, they wouldn't be so afraid of democracy and human rights.
HK, TW, Singapore and S Korea were not democracy until quasi-developed level, while US-modeled philipine was the second richest country in Asia 50 years ago but now is even behind China.
China has her own agenda to achieve democracy.
While in India 47% of under five children are underweight, you really think the right to vote is more important than enough food and good education for every child?

Quote:
Quit equating everyone opposed to what's happening in China to the United States. I am not a country. I am an individual. George Bush doesn't speak for me.
What do you want to say? I don't understand.
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:49 AM   #146
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernization
What's wrong with China's rapid development, I really want the people to have high standards of living like in the West. How long will it take for China to be developed. The US only afraid communism spreading, and maybe more oversea's companies will come to China and U.S' people will lost their jobs.
Is China spreading commuism? think again.
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:49 AM   #147
Modernization
BANNED

Quote:
That simply isn't true. I couldn't give a rat's ass about which country is developing fastest or who is building the most skyscrapers. I care first and foremost about people and how they are treated. The country they come from matters little.
The people who live in Communist countries are treated fine but they have limited rights such as critizing the government isn't allow. Why is it a misconception of the Westerners that Communist is bad and everything. I dont' get it.
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:51 AM   #148
Modernization
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
many documents have it. When China becomes a superpower more countries with corrupted government will look up to China as a role model. Is this not possible or what?
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:51 AM   #149
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah, in India 47% under five children is underweight, clear?
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:51 AM   #150
bluga
Inspire

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Of course.
bluga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:53 AM   #151
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
many documents have it. When China becomes a superpower more countries with corrupted government will look up to China as a role model. Is this not possible or what?
Every country has the right to choose the way to develop, they have the right to learn from China. But China is not spreading anything.
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:53 AM   #152
Modernization
BANNED

Children in America aren't as respectful as those in China, that's what I dislike about democracy
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:55 AM   #153
Modernization
BANNED

Quote:
Every country has the right to choose the way to develop, they have the right to learn from China. But China is not spreading anything.
What about all the chinatowns in almost every cities in the world, lol.
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:56 AM   #154
Clashman

Quote:
1. China is not communist. It is authoritarian capitalism with more than a touch of expansionist nationalism.
2. Development itself is not a problem, in my opinion. It is the particular way that development happens in China, and in most of the rest of the world for that matter, that I have a problem with. The vast, vast majority of people slaving away building that dam, or working 14 hour days sewing clothes for 500 yuan a month, are never going to see real benefits of their labor.
3. The Three Gorges damn in particular is an example of shoddy development. In addition to the environmental problems this will cause, it has been shown that a series of smaller dams would have been cheaper, more environmentally friendly, and generated more power.
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:58 AM   #155
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
What about all the chinatowns in almost every cities in the world, lol.
are we talking about emmigration or politics?
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:59 AM   #156
Clashman

Quote:
Ask the people of the Niger Delta if they believe that, or people from Vietnam who fought back the Chinese invasion just a few years after they fought the U.S.
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:00 AM   #157
Modernization
BANNED

Quote:
1. China is not communist. It is authoritarian capitalism with more than a touch of expansionist nationalism.
2. Development itself is not a problem, in my opinion. It is the particular way that development happens in China, and in most of the rest of the world for that matter, that I have a problem with. The vast, vast majority of people slaving away building that dam, or working 14 hour days sewing clothes for 500 yuan a month, are never going to see real benefits of their labor.
3. The Three Gorges damn in particular is an example of shoddy development. In addition to the environmental problems this will cause, it has been shown that a series of smaller dams would have been cheaper, more environmentally friendly, and generated more power.
series of smaller dams? how is this possible with the width of the Yangze
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:01 AM   #158
Modernization
BANNED

Quote:
Ask the people of the Niger Delta if they believe that, or people from Vietnam who fought back the Chinese invasion just a few years after they fought the U.S.
What Chinese invasion did Vietnam fight do you have any facts to this.
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:02 AM   #159
Clashman

Quote:
The people who live in Communist countries are treated fine but they have limited rights such as critizing the government isn't allow. Why is it a misconception of the Westerners that Communist is bad and everything. I dont' get it.
No, people working for 500 yuan a month working 14 hours in unsafe factories are not being treated "fine". They are being used as fodder to line a few people's pockets and to create cheap junk for others to consume.
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:02 AM   #160
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
Ask the people of the Niger Delta if they believe that,
There are also people in Nigeria believe that.Eventually it is Nigerian's choice, and they can turn it down if majority say no.

Quote:
or people from Vietnam who fought back the Chinese invasion just a few years after they fought the U.S.
It is a response to VN's invasion to cambodia.