SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Coming Fall 2005:

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Filip 
#1 ·

There's just no stopping in Toronto's red hot condo market! :cheers:

See less See more
#7 ·
Nah...there's no renderings on the bottom of that pic. :(
Sorry about that...I was uploading the page on photobucket but that's the most it was able to upload. The rest of the page is just them talking about the development and just shows the future sales centre.

#8 ·
" I find the townhomes blah (I'd love to see some modern styles a la Clewes used for townhouses instead of the derivative Georgian look)"

"nothing wrong with a bit of faux-historicism."

I'm gonna go with val on this one...the new neo-whatever style of Clewes and others works...that kind of neo-georgian they are trying to pass off these days just doesn't cut it...they could do neo-greorgian well in the 1920's...can't be done today without huge costs...better to forget it for much better aestetics that actually look great and fresh, and can fit the kind of building budgets these kind of affordable projects work on.

Otherwise, it's very good massing...this sort of infil is going to work for the city very well.

Liberty/Niagara is hands down the best redevelopment project in the city..better than Distillery for historic intigration, and better than Cityplace for new stuff....this will be one great nabe when it's done. They just need to remove that useless little stadium and build in it's place a very cool neighbourhood park...it's going to need one.

KGB

#13 ·
Indeed, the townhouses are all over a million. They're beautiful, yet out of most people's reach.
I understand where you're coming from with the tacky, but I just find it unique and breathtaking.:D

Hehe, I might be biased, I've lived there for 10 long years of my life.:tongue2:

#15 ·
"I understand where you're coming from with the tacky, but I just find it unique and breathtaking"

and hopefully it will remain unique - the less gated communities abutting the lake (not to mention a big **** you to the street), the better our city is.

#16 ·
I'll forgive Grand Harbour though.

For some reason I cut some slack to the resort style condo complexes along that stretch of Etobicoke. It's ok to have a little area like that...as long as it's just an exception. I quite like the feeling along that whole stretch from Grand Harbour to the Humber....kinda like Miami...Toronto style.

KGB

#17 ·
The row of condos built next to Palace Pier are beyond aweful, they're disgusting. Driving along the Gardiner you really notice just how bad they are. Each building was built without any respect to eachother or their environment. All precast, cheap textbook architecute that belongs more in Brampton than the Toronto waterfront.

The only one that is OK is Grenadier Landing but it's overshadowed now by the nasty Players Club and the pre-cast BS of The Waterford Towers.

#19 ·
416 said:
The row of condos built next to Palace Pier are beyond aweful, they're disgusting. Driving along the Gardiner you really notice just how bad they are. Each building was built without any respect to eachother or their environment. All precast, cheap textbook architecute that belongs more in Brampton than the Toronto waterfront.

The only one that is OK is Grenadier Landing but it's overshadowed now by the nasty Players Club and the pre-cast BS of The Waterford Towers.
Those are bad, some of them I agree. But the Marina Del Rey and Grand Harbour are great, including Palace pier. They were the originals anyway.

#22 ·
Filip said:
Those are bad, some of them I agree. But the Marina Del Rey and Grand Harbour are great, including Palace pier. They were the originals anyway.
I've always liked Palace Pier. It's quite impressionable especially from the Gardiner. Plus, for a condo that's xx years old, it's holding up pretty well. I also like Grand Harbour. The pictures posted are quite nice.

What/where is Marina Del Ray?

#23 ·
416 said:
I've always liked Palace Pier. It's quite impressionable especially from the Gardiner. Plus, for a condo that's xx years old, it's holding up pretty well. I also like Grand Harbour. The pictures posted are quite nice.

What/where is Marina Del Ray?
Marina Del Rey is the condo right beside Grand Harbour. Here are some pics I took:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.