daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > San Francisco Bay Area

San Francisco Bay Area » projects and proposals | transportation and infrastructure

Old May 17th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #41
612bv3

Likes (Received): 18

It's not the most expensive but this seems a little outrageous.

This cottage is currently on sale in San Francisco for $399,000. It's describe as "Great cottage, cute, bright and charming. Softwood floors. Front Yard fenced in ...Great investor unit or 1st time buyer!"

more pictures of the place:
http://www.sfarmls.com/scripts/mgrqi...N,-A,-N3302056

Sponsored Links

Old May 17th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #42
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 42

Another one in LA that 'accompanies' the original one:

This was featured in the LA Times a couple of months ago. A 12,000-square-foot home and three guesthouses are perched on this 7-acre lot in Malibu’s Paradise Cove Bluffs. A private road leads to the beach.

http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=320420
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:11 AM   #43
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 42

Btw, the home with the view of the bay is incredible. I would kill for that house. But this is SSC, so I'm thinking most of you would prefer a more urban lifestyle???
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #44
LosAngelesSportsFan

Likes (Received): 146

New Most Expensive. Its in the OC and its $75.

From Curbed LA...

House hunters rejoice. We've finally found the house that your neighbor can't top. The OC Register reports that a $75 million beach-side mansion shaped like a seashell and named after a mushroom has gone on sale for a price of $75 million. Yes, that's $75 million dollars American.

The "Portabello" mansion in Corona del Mar, according to the listing agent John McMonigle's Web site, features ocean views from most rooms, and is designed like a nautilus shell.

Other features include a two-story grotto with a pool, two spas, a swim-up bar, tunnel slide, poolside lounge room and barbecue area.

It also boasts an "entertainment level" basement with a bowling alley, art deco theater, automotive museum, café and full exercise facility.

According to the home's title report and Zillow, the home's estimated value is $29 million, based on land of $13 million, and improvements of $16 million. So for that $75 million price tag we also assume that there's a family of magical, wish granting dolphins living in the grotto and the faucets have a spigot for Cristal.

From the OC Register..

New high: $75 million home
O.C. house price highest ever in state.

By JEFF COLLINS
The Orange County Register

This ultramodern 30,000-square-foot Corona del Mar mansion had the highest residential property assessment in Orange County at the end of 2005, when its assessed value was listed at $29 million.

BRUCE CHAMBERS, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

For sale: modern Corona del Mar beauty, featuring state-of-the art electronics, a water treatment system, three pools, two spas, eight bedrooms and 10 bathrooms.

Oh, and a bowling alley, vintage movie theater, café, gymnasium, auto museum, wine cellar behind a bank-vault door and just under an acre of beachfront land.

Asking price?

$75 million.

That makes Portabello, as the mansion is known, one of the three most expensive residences currently for sale in America.

Donald Trump's Maison de L'Amitie in Palm Beach, Fla., is going for $125 million. Three Ponds Farm Estate in Bridgehampton, N.Y., has been on the market for more than a year at $75 million.

And so the 22,000-square-foot Brighton Road home, which went on the market last week, is tied for the second-highest asking price in the nation – and is the most expensive in California.

"It's not surprising because (Orange County) is a world-class destination," said Rick Goodwin, publisher of Ultimate Homes magazine, which documents the 1,000 most-expensive homes for sale. Orange County, like Palm Beach and the Hamptons, is "where people with money want to be."

County records list the owner as Frank W. Pritt III, founder of Seattle software maker Attachmate Corp. and an avid car collector.

Pritt purchased three adjacent beachfront lots in the Cameo Shores area for less than $12.5 million, consolidated them into a single tract in 1998 and launched a three-year effort to build his "soft contemporary" mansion.

"It's the most exciting (house) I've done," said Brion Jeannette, the Newport Beach architect who designed the house in close consultation with Pritt.

Jeannette said he was surprised by the asking price, but noted that the home, ideal for a large family and for informal entertaining, "was not inexpensive to build."

County property assessors estimated that the house alone is worth at least $16 million and the land is worth more than $13 million, for a total assessed value of $29.6 million, highest residential assessment in the county. But because of Proposition 13, tax assessments usually are well below a home's market value.

John McMonigle, the real estate agent signed to market the home, said the price tag is based on the estate's replacement cost: Around $45 million for the land and about $33 million for the home, at $1,500 per square foot.

The neighborhood is home to some of Orange County's wealthiest residents, including Broadcom Corp. co-founder Henry Samueli.

"I'm very confident we'll sell it, and I'm investing a significant amount of money in that belief," McMonigle said. "We're receiving quality interest already."

Interested buyers include local high-tech moguls and a European financier.

Jeannette said Pritt gave the home its name because its curving white roof resembles the portobello mushroom.

A pool on the upper deck includes a whirlpool spa in the center with a clear, plastic bubble on the bottom, so people below can see into it like an aquarium.

A 360-degree tunnel slide loops from the second level into the pool below.

"It's certainly a one-of-a-kind property," said Goodwin, the Ultimate Homes publisher.

Will the Portabello property fetch its asking price? If it does, it would be a record.

Goodwin said the highest price ever paid for a home in the United States was $70 million. The Associated Press reported a California record-topping $50 million. And county records show that at least $29 million was paid for a home in Laguna Beach.

"It's really like selling a piece of art," Goodwin said. "What makes it special, on top of all the bells and whistles, is its three oceanfront lots in one of the most expensive waterfront areas of the country."
LosAngelesSportsFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:21 AM   #45
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by 612bv3
It's not the most expensive but this seems a little outrageous.

This cottage is currently on sale in San Francisco for $399,000. It's describe as "Great cottage, cute, bright and charming. Softwood floors. Front Yard fenced in ...Great investor unit or 1st time buyer!"

more pictures of the place:
http://www.sfarmls.com/scripts/mgrqi...N,-A,-N3302056
lol what a ripoff and all the houses around it are nicer, maybe its time to move somewhere else lol. For that much you can get a decent house here, just thought a comparison would be nice, seriously and we think prices are outrageous here over there thats just sad lol. Now i know why californians move here because they sell just about any kind of house there and get something way better here.
Look at links for more info

Price: $399,000
City: St. Petersburg
SqFt: 2204
Beds: 4
Baths: 3
Half-Baths: 0
Zip Code: 33709
County: Pinellas
Pool: None
Lot size: .1595
link: http://pro.suncoastbr.com/scripts/id...3756&id=401385

or

Waterfront Townhouse!

Price: $399,000
City: St Petersburg
SqFt: 2056
Beds: 3
Baths: 2
Half-Baths: 1
Zip Code: 33702
County: Pinellas
Pool: None
Lot Size: 0
Waterfront Type: Bay Access
Waterfront Extras: Dock, Sea Wall
link: http://pro.suncoastbr.com/scripts/id...2375&id=401385
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:51 AM   #46
mongozx
Pipe Layer

Likes (Received): 8

Yes but there's a tradeoff for buying those cheap homes in Florida. You have to live in. . .Florida.
mongozx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #47
jacobboyer

Likes (Received): 0

yeah why would you want to leave california to live in florida california has perfect weather and pacific ocean and alot to do.
jacobboyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #48
Soulbrotha
abdulsharifshoots.com

Likes (Received): 13

what a view.
Soulbrotha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #49
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx
Yes but there's a tradeoff for buying those cheap homes in Florida. You have to live in. . .Florida.
And whats wrong with florida seems alot of you californians like it since you guys are moving here.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:37 AM   #50
TheBellevueBoss

Florida ain't no joke....I would move there but it is way too far away..Miaimi is home to the most beautiful women in the world...beleive it!!!
TheBellevueBoss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #51
TheBellevueBoss

I would take Florida over Cali anyday....
TheBellevueBoss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:45 AM   #52
jacobboyer

i would take florida but not over california
jacobboyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:06 AM   #53
mongozx
Pipe Layer

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-275westcoastfl
And whats wrong with florida seems alot of you californians like it since you guys are moving here.
Well, nothing is wrong with Florida and I like the fact that many are moving there. Cali is damn overcrowded as it is. You can take all our senior citizens BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBellevueBoss
I would take Florida over Cali anyday....
Good for you. I assume you want a medal for that.
mongozx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:29 AM   #54
SanDeeAyGow
America's Finest

Florida is for people who can't afford living in California
SanDeeAyGow no está en línea   Reply With Quote