daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 25th, 2017, 06:03 AM   #1
firosiro

Likes (Received): 1

Cinemas, cinema centers descriptions, views, plans and sections

Around the plus side, everybody appreciated the Thermo Pod's exaggerated mummy shape because of its balance of elbow room and heating efficiency. A large flare within the shoulders enables you to extend your arms or easily put on a thick fleece jacket, while a fast taper with the lower torso and legs minimizes dead space. We discovered that the bag are designed for a good little bit of condensation and how to choose a sleeping bag perspiration before developing cold spots.

One detail important to note: The additional-lengthy cords connected to the inside and outdoors zipper pulls designed for quick escapes when overloaded bladders began screaming for any night time run.

Main point here: Below-average loft and heat diminish the Thermo Pod's excellent sizing and breathability.

OUTBOUND BUGABOO M32

A thick, nicely detailed bag having a cozy, flannel-like lining and a lot of usable interior space, the Bugaboo appeared, in the start, such as the ideal bag for individuals ugly, snowy, tentbound days when you really need an in-depth, dark, cozy hole to crawl into and hibernate. But a couple of things got in the manner. One was the bag's bulk it consumed another or even more of the midsize pack. Another problem could be that the bag completely missed the objective within the warmth and roominess groups for that metabolically challenged 1 / 2 of the crew.

Even though this Polarguard 3D bag was the fattest and heaviest within the test, Kristin and that i (the 2 cold sleepers) automobile up shivering on 35 [levels] F nights. (Paul and Melissa snoozed happily if this dropped lower in to the low 20s.) One problem was the super abundance of room inside. There was the truth that chilly air streamed with the huge, floppy hood and lower beyond the draft collar, which we could not cinch snugly since the sheer volume of fabric caused it to bunch and gap.

Fortunately, the bag's covering demonstrated good water repellency and dried quickly when laid under the sun. The rugged materials and overall construction quality promise a lengthy existence. Other nice touches range from the puffy draft tube and collar, a zipper pocket around the chest, and also the most snag-free zipper within the test.

Note: The model name from the large version that Paul and that i tested may be the BugaBoo XL M36.

Main point here: If you are a large-body or perhaps a very warm sleeper, the Bugaboo could be the bag for you personally. It'll suck up pack space, there is however enough room inside for any party within the forest.

Sierra Designs, 1255 Powell St., Emeryville, CA 94608 (800) 635-0461. Readers service #116.

RELATED ARTICLE:

Scoreboard: 15 [levels] F Sleeping-bags

Manufacturer/Model Cost Lenghts Weights

(in) (lb, oz)

Sierra Designs $220 82/88 3,3/2,14

Lewis/Georgia 78/84 3/2,11

L.L. Bean 725 $239 80/86 2,7

Expedition 15 2,8

Moonstone Optima 3D $190 69/78 2,14/2,14

Mountain Hardwear $210 73/78/84 2,15/3

second Dimension

Marmot Wizard Q/H $169 66/72/78/80 3,5/3,1

Kelty Serrano 15 $180 80/88 3,1/2,14

REI Thermo Pod 15 $145 74/80/86 3,6/3,6

Outbound Bugaboo $180 86/96 4,3/4,3

M32/XL M36

Manufacturer/Model Compressibility Loft Roominess

Sierra Designs 4.5 4.5 4

Lewis/Georgia

L.L. Bean 725 5 4.5 4

Expedition 15

Moonstone Optima 3D 3 4 3.5

Mountain Hardwear 3 3.5 4

second Dimension

Marmot Wizard Q/H 3 4 2.5

Kelty Serrano 3 3 3.5

REI Thermo Pod 15 4 2.5 3.5

Outbound Bugaboo 2.5 3.5 2.5

M32/XL M36

Manufacturer/Model Temp. Weather-proofing Ventilation

Rating

Sierra Designs 4 4 3.5

Lewis/Georgia

L.L. Bean 725 4.5 3 3.5

Expedition 15

Moonstone 4 3.5 3

Optima 3D

Mountain Hardwear 3.5 3.5 3.5

second Dimension

Marmot Wizard 4 3.5 4

Q/H

Kelty Serrano 15 2.5 3 3

REI Thermo Pod 15 2.5 3.5 3.5

Outbound Bugaboo 2.5 3.5 3.5

M32/XL M36

what size sleeping bag should i get
Manufacturer/Model Durability Ergonomics Overall

Sierra Designs 4.5 3.5 4.4

Lewis/Georgia

L.L. Bean 725 3 4 4.3

Expedition 15

Moonstone 3.5 4 3.8

Optima 3D

Mountain Hardwear 4 3.5 3.6

second Dimension

Marmot Wizard 4 3.5 3.4

Q/H

Kelty Serrano 15 3 3.5 3.3

REI Thermo Pod 15 3.5 3.5 3.1

Outbound Bugaboo 3.5 3 2.8

M32/XL M36

Chart Notes

Weight: Boldface number may be the weight of standard-size bag in the stuff sack considered on Backpacker scales. The 2nd number was supplied by the maker.

Compressibility: Will the stuffed bag occupy more/less space of computer should? Do you want a magician (or gorilla) to stuff it between the sheets provided?

Loft: How good will the bag puff up after unstuffing it or putting it with the washer? How good will it loft when wet?

Roominess: Can there be roll-around and elbow room, or does over sleeping this mummy cause you to feel like one?

Temperature Rating: May be the rating positive (cold bags obtain a low score), reasonable (okay, average score), or conservative (warm bags obtain a high score)?

Weatherproofing: How good will the bag's outer covering safeguard you against wind, wet ground, and condensation? Any cold spots round the hood, zipper, or draft tubes?

Ventilation: How good would you awesome off on warm nights? Will the insulation breathe well? Will the bag's lining effectively wick away perspiration?

Durability: How good may be the bag come up with, and just how well will it endure heavy use and washing? What's your estimate of the bag's probable lifespan?

Ergonomics: Was the bag user-friendly? Did the zipper run easily? Were zipper pulls and drawcords simple to find in the center of the night time? Did the drawcords cinch the hood and draft collar snugly, or did they strangle you?

Overall: How near or far may be the bag out of your ideal three-and-a-half-season sleeper? Note: This score isn't an average of other ratings, however a gut-level response to the bag's total performance.

Statistical RATING SCALE

1 Poor, miserable 2 Fair, okay, but ... 3 Good, decent gear 4 Excellent, beats most 5 Excellent, superior gear

RELATED ARTICLE: warm SLEEPING Lady

Melissa DeVaughn

Outside author and dogsled racer Bald eagle River, Alaska 5'4", 115 lbs., skinny

"I am often a cold sleeper, when you are pregnant altered that before this test. Nothing beats a nine-month hot flash to help keep the cold out within the forest!"

Favorite:

Moonstone. "1 love the additional leg room, and also the extra loft and warm-when-wet abilities get this to bag a great match for typical Alaskan weather."

Warmest:

1. Outbound 2. Marmot 3. L.L. Bean

Very coldest:

1. Kelty 2. Mountain Hardwear

RELATED ARTICLE: cold SLEEPING Lady

Kristin Hostetter

BACKPACKER equipment editor Portland, Or 5'5", 135 lbs., sports build

"Call me a persons Pop-sicle. I can not recall the before I needed to unzip a sleeping bag to awesome off."

Favorite:

Sierra Designs. "This sack packs up small, but nonetheless packs mucho BTUs. Also it fits me just like a glove."

Warmest:

1. Sierra Designs 2. L.L. Bean 3. Moonstone

Very coldest:

1. Outbound 2. REI

RELATED ARTICLE: warm SLEEPING MAN

Paul Cleveland

Outward Bound instructor and river guide Bellingham, Washington 6', 165 lbs., broad shoulders and slender torso

"Call me Mr. Metabolic process. I am hot. As an inferno. It is a miracle I did not burn an opening through these bags."

Favorite:

L.L. Bean. "This sack stored me toasty even if I didn't remember my pad on the snow-camping trip. Relabel it the In Demand Chili Pepper!"

Warmest:

1. L.L. Bean 2. Sierra Designs 3. Marmot

Very coldest:

1. REI 2. Kelty

RELATED ARTICLE: cold SLEEPING MAN

Jonathan Dorn

BACKPACKER equipment editor Emmaus, Pennsylvania 6'6", 225 lbs., tall, slim

"Should you ever visit a really tall guy eating a Peanut bar and doing lunges within the forest at 4 A.M., that's me attempting to warm-up.Inch

Favorite:

LL. Bean. "Light like a feather, a lot of warmth, and also the best hood I have seen.Inch

Warmest:

1. Marmot 2. LL. Bean 3. Moonstone

Very coldest:

1. Outbound 2. REI

RELATED ARTICLE: Notes In The Field

Here are a few observations gleaned from tester notebooks that ought to help you make a good decision:

Draft collars: The exam crew found a very good reason to think hard about traditional tube-style collars: the arrival from the yoke-style collar, featuring a totally free-hanging flap that falls over shoulders just like a bib. For those who turn and toss, a yoke will not remain in place, however the still sleepers loved the ergonomic fit and lack of a drawcord.

Microfleece linings: Several bags feature fleecy synthetic linings designed to improve wicking and then-to-skin comfort. In below-freezing conditions, the linings been successful marvelously, swaddling us in warm, dry fuzziness. In milder weather, though, they collected more sweat than standard taffeta linings. Additionally they got stinky faster, which results in more frequent launderings, and deterioration. Your final peeve for many testers: The brushed surfaces become popular fleecy lengthy johns and rough skin.

Lower versus. synthetic: You realize the score: Lower packs more warmth because of its weight and bulk, but synthetics handle moist climates better. Why did two lower bags top our ratings, despite a lot of testing amount of time in the wet Northwest? Because they are well-designed bags, obviously, but additionally since the testers, like the majority of backpackers, where can i buy a sleeping bag, choose to have a lighter, smaller sized bag and risk just a little discomfort.

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by firosiro; September 24th, 2017 at 09:30 AM.
firosiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2017, 04:10 AM   #2
Zaz965
Temer Out!

Likes (Received): 26014

I like Cinemark brand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinemark_Theatres

djole13 liked this post
Zaz965 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote