daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises > Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2017, 07:08 AM   #1
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6944

SEOUL | Raemian Gangnam Forest | 118m | 387ft | 35 fl x 31 | Prep

Raemian Gangnam Forest, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
118m / Residential / Prep / 2017-2020

35Fl : x7

http://raemian.co.kr/sales/gangnamforest

Picture of the demolished buildings from a coupleof months ago:

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0003932634

This apartment lot is selling for extremely high prices, but this is mostly for speculative reasons. If you're actually planning on living there, it's crap.

- The design looks absolutely awful. Especially coming from Raemian and in Gangnam. You would have hoped they would have come up with something not quite as shitty as Booyoung Sarangeuro.
- Despite being in Gangnam, the location is crap, as it's far away from any subway station. Access to roads is okayish, few buses...
- The neighborhood is all residential commieblocks, and very far away from the economic center of Gangnam. I've been there and this place has little charm not activity.

I'm done ranting. I guess it makes sense for investors, but I'd rather live somewhere else in Seoul than there and have to pay a premium for the Raemian and Gangnam names.
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2017, 08:04 AM   #2
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1021

Seriously! I'm left to wonder just how many of these Korean commieblock projects are happening not due to any desire to actually appeal to people who would buy these homes (jeonse or otherwise), but out of the sheer greed of real estate investors. Especially after doing some looking-into developments in other parts of the country, it seems like this greed is doing just about everything I loathe about South Korea's development: soulless design, poor integration with the surrounding areas, and often middle-of-nowhere locations.

Particularly considering a.) how bad consumer debt is, and b.) how oddly juxtaposed South Korea's housing market is (lots of new supply constantly being built, and still often very high prices), I can only pray that a means by which to reel in this kind of speculation is in the works. It doesn't benefit the country or its cities (or even its citizens, who can imagine getting rich off of real estate speculation, instead of actually doing innovative things) in any way.

Munwon liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 10:13 AM   #3
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12410

well I agree
above commie block is ugly and really hate design.

But greedy is not unique phenomenon in seoul. london and NYC's development is greedy too.

only problem is korea developer and consumer not really attention about out shape of apartment.
actually there are some challenge to improved design and experimental project in suwon.
but it is very hard due to many economical and real life issue for selected creative apartment design like songdo.

btw out side is boring but apartment inside very convenient and luxury for live. cause now seoul's apartment apply many high technology

also this project's location very far from main area and far away from subway station. but meanwhile behind mountain is good for living. clear day they can break flesh air from mountain.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 11:34 AM   #4
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 681

it's a shit
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote