349K views 1K replies 210 participants last post by  hkskyline 
#1 ·
Discuss this week's topic here. :cheers:

#3 ·
Jury said:
I'll make a start,

I think its clear sydney is the winner, exy and large,

2nd would be melbourne with the size also,

3rd i belive is perth, limited, but very photogenic.
True - but it all depends on what people like. Where the skyline is viewed from makes a big difference, I mean GC and Melbourne are better viewed from a distance making them look more dense while Sydney and Brisbane are better viewed from a specific direction, say the NE for Sydney and the SE for Brisbane.

jt

#6 ·
JayT said:
True - but it all depends on what people like. Where the skyline is viewed from makes a big difference, I mean GC and Melbourne are better viewed from a distance making them look more dense while Sydney and Brisbane are better viewed from a specific direction, say the NE for Sydney and the SE for Brisbane.
jt

Actually Sydney's skyline look nice from any directions. I prefer the view from the west, Opera House is hidden but you can see the full stretch of the skyline.

#15 ·
1. Sydney
2. Goldcoast
3. Perth
4. Melbourne

#24 ·
Perth4life3 said:
*brisbane doesnt really go in a line anywhere, its just a mess and clusters, there no like real views of the skyline as one because the river curves heeps.
I would have thought you'd be a bit more mature by now....

1. Sydney*
2. Melbourne*
3. Brisbane*
4. Perth - Auckland* - GC*
7. Wellington
8. Adelaide

*cities I've visited.

#27 ·
1) Sydney - No real surprise here, can hold it's own against nearly any city in the world.
2) Melbourne - Excelltent height & some nice architecture, just needs a bit more density.
3) Brisbane - Australia's emerging skyline (Along with GC), nice density. Finally starting to get some decent talls with some excellent projects in the pipeline.
4) Gold Coast - Like Brisbane, getting some decent talls, should look awesome in a few years with all the big ones built.
5) Auckland/Perth - Auckland beautiful setting, skytower looks great but dwarfs the rest of the skyline unfortuately. Perth, nice skyline, 2 good tall towers then falls away after that. Needs a bit more density.
6) Adelaide - Height limit, what more can i say? Density is not bad though.

P.S. Marky Mark, i'm pretty sure that photo of Melbourne is a photoshop job.