daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area

Manchester Metro Area For Manchester, Salford and the surrounding area.



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM   #121
kebabmonster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bolton/Salford
Posts: 1,406
Likes (Received): 0

Life on Mars series 2 is being filmed.

I had the pleasure of talking to a few of the actors in Walkabout last week, really dead-on guys by the way. Needless to say, they didn't give away any of the plot.

That series with Ray Winstone is also being filmed. There were loads of extras/film crews knocking about over the Easter Weekend around Hilton St.
kebabmonster no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #122
Dwayne Benzie
Clever boys
 
Dwayne Benzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Manchester
Posts: 8
Likes (Received): 0

Check out New Street Law on BBC1 now - based in Manchester. They even go in my local Tesco!
Dwayne Benzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #123
Irish Blood English Heart
Letting off the happiness
 
Irish Blood English Heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 4,863
Likes (Received): 125

Yeah some nice shots of Manc so far, the more exposure of Manchester the better!
Irish Blood English Heart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #124
skymann
Gtr Mcr,1st after Gtr Ldn
 
skymann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MANCHESTER, Gtr Mcr County
Posts: 822
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blood English Heart
Yeah some nice shots of Manc so far, the more exposure of Manchester the better!
It was a good drama in its own right and Manchester looked superb.
skymann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #125
rolybling
CAN'T BE ARSED
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Manchester
Posts: 4,901
Likes (Received): 18

Caught the end of it, will try and watch it in full next week if I think on. I didn't see much of the city in the scenes I saw, then waddayaknow the next programme is set in Manchester as well, The Street.
__________________
New and improved!
rolybling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #126
Dwayne Benzie
Clever boys
 
Dwayne Benzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Manchester
Posts: 8
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolybling
Caught the end of it, will try and watch it in full next week if I think on. I didn't see much of the city in the scenes I saw, then waddayaknow the next programme is set in Manchester as well, The Street.
You beat me to it! It was actually this programme where they did the drug deal in the Tesco car park - I used to push trolleys around there in my student days!
Dwayne Benzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #127
rolybling
CAN'T BE ARSED
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Manchester
Posts: 4,901
Likes (Received): 18

Is that Didsbury?
__________________
New and improved!
rolybling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #128
Legin
Registered User
 
Legin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Manchester
Posts: 314
Likes (Received): 0

Just noticed Channel M is now available on Sky - for those of you who live in the outskirts and couldn't pick it up through terestrial.
Legin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #129
Chorltonred
Registered User
 
Chorltonred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester
Posts: 492
Likes (Received): 2

They are currently filming in Chorlton. Apparently it's a new drama for the BBC about postmen called 'Sorted' (Geddit!!)

Out in July apparently.

That's according to the fat roadie bloke anyway.
Chorltonred no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 12:27 PM   #130
Latic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Manchester
Posts: 341
Likes (Received): 0

National Geographic were filming a reconstruction of the Iraninan embassy siege at a hotel in Didbsury according to the MEN. We're becomming a real hotbed of media activity, and the BBC haven't even moved here yet!
__________________
Uppermill - Capital of the Independent Republic of Saddleworth
Latic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 12:33 PM   #131
Northbeach
A roussos is for life.
 
Northbeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,175
Likes (Received): 1

And they were also filming around Ladybarn yesterday - props man asked my missus where he could get a spare bulb from...suggested Sainsburys in fallowfield (was evening time) but apparantly that was too far for the lazy get.
I'd like a major film (aside from Alfie) to be shot here one day.
Northbeach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #132
The Longford
Benefit Scrounger
 
The Longford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: M20
Posts: 8,097
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbeach
I'd like a major film (aside from Alfie) to be shot here one day.
......but i thought the battle scenes for Lord of the Rings were shot at Boggart Hole Clough?
__________________
Visit The Trafford Spade Museum - Bring The Kids. Ample Parking and Excellent Gift Shop Right Next Door

heatonparkincakes liked this post
The Longford no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 04:21 PM   #133
Bachy Soletanche
Registered User
 
Bachy Soletanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 14,894
Likes (Received): 1211

Dunno if this is the right place to put it, but...

The new Beautiful South Single is called Manchester, it does mention rain, and being the Beautiful South is f*cking terrible.
__________________
"Bombs are going to be dropped anyway. So what's the point? Just have a laugh."
Bachy Soletanche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #134
skymann
Gtr Mcr,1st after Gtr Ldn
 
skymann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MANCHESTER, Gtr Mcr County
Posts: 822
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Robinson
Dunno if this is the right place to put it, but...

The new Beautiful South Single is called Manchester, it does mention rain, and being the Beautiful South is f*cking terrible.
Fucking 'ell didn't know they were still going. They've always been shit and their lyrics crap and unimaginative.
skymann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 09:22 PM   #135
Bachy Soletanche
Registered User
 
Bachy Soletanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 14,894
Likes (Received): 1211

Manchester
© Heaton / Rotheray

From Northernden to Partington it's rain
From Altrincham to Chadderton it's rain
From Moss Side to Swinton hardly Spain
It's a picture postcard of 'wish they never came'

And whilst that deckchair in the garden it makes no sense
It doesn't spoil the view or cause offence
Those Floridas, Bavarias and Kents
Make gentlemen wear shorts but don't make gents

So convertibles stay garage-bound
Save after-sun for later
If rain makes Britain great
Then Manchester is greater
As you dry your clothes once again
Upon the radiator
What makes Britain great
Makes Manchester yet greater

From Cheetham Hill to Wytenshawe it's rain
Gorton, Salford, Sale pretty much the same
As I'm caught without my jacket once again
The raindrops on my face play a sweet refain

And as winter turns reluctantly to spring
For the clouds above the city there's one last fling
Swallows build their nests, chaffinch sing
And the sun strolls into town like long lost king
So convertibles stay garage-bound
Save after-sun for later
If rain makes Britain great
Then Manchester is greater
As you dry your clothes once again
Upon the radiator
What makes Britain great
Makes Manchester yet greater

And the mood of this whole sodden place is melancholy
Like the sun came out to play, shone through the clouds
But dropped its lolly
And everyone looks so disappointed, so, so sorry
Like the rain blew into town, kidnapped the sun
And stole it's brolly

So convertibles stay garage-bound
Save after-sun for later
If rain makes Britain great
Then Manchester is greater
As you dry your clothes once again
Upon the radiator
What makes Britain great
Makes Manchester yet greater
__________________
"Bombs are going to be dropped anyway. So what's the point? Just have a laugh."
Bachy Soletanche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #136
kids
Registered User
 
kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9,999
Likes (Received): 172

rain forever man!

kids no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #137
9462
Shmuckadoodle
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Greater Madchester, England, UK, Western Europe, Earth, Space (North)
Posts: 465
Likes (Received): 0

See them wooden planks on the window?

They are fitted for illegal immigrants who might 'fall out'- Its the law. Stupid i know, i mean why dont i have safetly planks on my windows for free by the council? Although i couldnt fall out if i tried.
__________________
Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.

~Albert Einstein


City of peace
9462 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #138
The Longford
Benefit Scrounger
 
The Longford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: M20
Posts: 8,097
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9462
See them wooden planks on the window?
No!
__________________
Visit The Trafford Spade Museum - Bring The Kids. Ample Parking and Excellent Gift Shop Right Next Door
The Longford no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #139
frozenmusic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 384
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Longford
No!
me neither
frozenmusic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #140
skymann
Gtr Mcr,1st after Gtr Ldn
 
skymann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MANCHESTER, Gtr Mcr County
Posts: 822
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Robinson
Manchester
© Heaton / Rotheray

From Northernden to Partington it's rain
From Altrincham to Chadderton it's rain
From Moss Side to Swinton hardly Spain
It's a picture postcard of 'wish they never came'

And whilst that deckchair in the garden it makes no sense
It doesn't spoil the view or cause offence
Those Floridas, Bavarias and Kents
Make gentlemen wear shorts but don't make gents

So convertibles stay garage-bound
Save after-sun for later
If rain makes Britain great
Then Manchester is greater
As you dry your clothes once again
Upon the radiator
What makes Britain great
Makes Manchester yet greater

From Cheetham Hill to Wytenshawe it's rain
Gorton, Salford, Sale pretty much the same
As I'm caught without my jacket once again
The raindrops on my face play a sweet refain

And as winter turns reluctantly to spring
For the clouds above the city there's one last fling
Swallows build their nests, chaffinch sing
And the sun strolls into town like long lost king
So convertibles stay garage-bound
Save after-sun for later
If rain makes Britain great
Then Manchester is greater
As you dry your clothes once again
Upon the radiator
What makes Britain great
Makes Manchester yet greater

And the mood of this whole sodden place is melancholy
Like the sun came out to play, shone through the clouds
But dropped its lolly
And everyone looks so disappointed, so, so sorry
Like the rain blew into town, kidnapped the sun
And stole it's brolly

So convertibles stay garage-bound
Save after-sun for later
If rain makes Britain great
Then Manchester is greater
As you dry your clothes once again
Upon the radiator
What makes Britain great
Makes Manchester yet greater
Wonder why they didn't write it about Plymouth or Cardiff given that it rains more there - or fucking Hull for that matter. I should imagine it's because the Beautiful South can only deal in cliches and stereotypes not reality. I can see their next song "smoggy London", "thieving Liverpool", "Concrete Brum". I thought they were a shit group before, but I think their utter shit now.
skymann no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
england, manchester, united kingdom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu