daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Miami

Miami » Development News | Also includes Broward and Palm Beach Counties

Old April 24th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #1
Ace
Captain

Likes (Received): 23

Hello Guys,

Hello Guys (& Girls),

I'm Captain Ace from Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
In June I'll arrive in Florida for a Vacation. Most of The Time, we'll spend in Miami.
But offcourse, Architecture will not be The only reason for our visit. We want to know and see all the Hot Spots of Miami! The beaches, The nightlife, The Ladies, Everything!!
Maybe You guys could give us some advice 'bout all that stuff.
We also can arrange a forummeeting. In New York and Frankfurt It was also a Succes.

Sponsored Links

Old April 24th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #2
BHK25
Used to be BHK24!!

Likes (Received): 2

I hope you have a great time here in Miami. Miami Beach will be your best bet. Most of Miami's night life is concentrate it there. Hot spots for pictures, Downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, Coconut Groove, Coral Gables.
Ladies. Miami Beach, at day or at night. especially on weekends. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
BHK25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 05:42 AM   #3
PerpetualTraveler
LA lover

Likes (Received): 0

It's a shame, I just left miami two days ago, we could have met. I found Miami simply great. Its gonna be a pretty difference with Rotterdam! But I love Rotterdam too, i think its one of the most interesting cities in northern europe
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:34 AM   #4
nimbyhater

Likes (Received): 109

traveler... watd you do in miami? what did you enjoy, i luv gettin an outsiders opinion on our city when hes only here for a few days...
nimbyhater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 08:46 AM   #5
Ace
Captain

That's right. And that's why I want to see and do as much as possible. Although we'll rent a car, I also wonder how much a taxi will cost. Because I also like to drink a Beer (or 2)
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #6
PerpetualTraveler
LA lover

Likes (Received): 0

I particulary loved miami's nightlife and the great skyline of course. But what is really impressive over there is the feeling that everything is possible in this city, it's a blend of freedom and succes feelings.
I'll sure go back to miami as soon as possible.
Old April 30th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #7
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 868

ACE , welcome to Miami, please visit " COCOWALK " in Coconut Grove when you land at M.I.A., go south through beautiful Coral Gables down Lejeune road to miracle mile drive east to S.W. 27th ave. South to the end of the road, you'll be in Coconut Grove and make a right to Cocowalk outdoor shops and Mayfair shops, parking included in the same buildings with the best taste of food in Miami, great restruants.
But, ACE , remember, if your not into Construction, Stay out of downtown Miami and Brickell, but you could just drive through this area and see all the 50 projects going up on U.S. 1, also known as Brickell Avenue and Biscayne Bvld going north to the I-395 East exit to South Beach also known as U.S. 41 to the Beaches off U.S. 1 in Uptown-arts north of Downtown Miami - Bayside Marketplace shops and restruants and marina which also is on Biscayne Blvd ( U.S. 1 ).
Ace , its always the best way to end your vacation stay here in Miami on South Beach, make sure you do that last, its the # 1 place in the Nation, what keeps a smile on most tourists when they go home and tell their relatives to come here to visit Miami , again and again.
p.s. I had to re-edit this ACE to correct a address change from N.W. 27th Ave to S.W. 27th Ave, it 's also known as " Unity Ave " because it goes from North county line to South Miami - Dade county without stopping through all the Cultures of residents of our great county to the beautiful Biscayne Bay in Coconut Grove .

Last edited by ChuckScraperMiami#1; May 2nd, 2005 at 03:21 AM.
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:14 PM   #8
Ace
Captain

OK Fellas,

Just one more week 2 go and Captain Ace will visit U!

Be prepared when U.C. me!

Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:44 PM   #9
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
OK Fellas,

Just one more week 2 go and Captain Ace will visit U!

Be prepared when U.C. me!
ACE , bro, we'll be ready for ya, first, right as soon you get in the bus vehicle to pick up your rental car, you'll see the Miami Airport Exit and Entrance interchange completely now under construction with huge cranes and barrier walls protecting the workers pounding pilars into the ground to make way for a whole new 4.5 Billion look of the future M.I.A. with linking expressways to and from the other expressways to make travel easier for years to come. This all should be completed in 6 years with trains and Metrorail connecting with a new 20,000 Car Rental and parking Center going up east of the airport, also see the Website at www.micdot.com

Also Ace, when you get your rental car, get your tail over to either Coconut Grove for the entertainment and Food at either Cocowalk or the Mayfair,:; OR, if your into Art Deco designer style old buildings all improved and great nightlife dancing and neon lighted buildings at night with the ocean breeze while walking down Ocean drive, THEN get over to South Beach, Quick !!!
Old June 4th, 2005, 11:22 PM   #10
Ace
Captain

Today I've got my Tickets at The Travel Agency.
The first 2 nights we'll spend in Miami at The San Juan Hotel in Miami Beach.
That's pretty near The Art Deco District. At least I won't have to drive to get My Beer
Maybe we could arrange A meeting next Sunday or Monday (12/13 june) and drink some Beers
Old June 4th, 2005, 11:32 PM   #11
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Today I've got my Tickets at The Travel Agency.
The first 2 nights we'll spend in Miami at The San Juan Hotel in Miami Beach.
That's pretty near The Art Deco District. At least I won't have to drive to get My Beer
Maybe we could arrange A meeting next Sunday or Monday (12/13 june) and drink some Beers
ACE , that's sounds great, make sure you have your camera ready, when you get in that taxi or limo, lol, and also take some pics of me if I see you there on South Beach next sunday, I might be able to leave the woman for a few hours and enjoy myself !!! Go Cranes !!!
Old June 4th, 2005, 11:48 PM   #12
nimbyhater

Likes (Received): 109

go give him the proper reception chuck! represent our city well!
nimbyhater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2005, 05:40 PM   #13
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Everyone , please go to the Four Seasons Millineuen Tower Web Cam, check out , The Camera is backwards , its the top of the tower in the picture, please see it now at www.herald.com

p,s, You got to see this now, brfore it goes away. the lighten design in the piture at the top of the tower.