daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM   #21
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo
@Gatis: if I remember correctly, RVR would deliver new low floor trams to Moscow, right?
Afair those plans was cancelled. Right now there are several projects on low floor trams in Russia.

LVS-2005 for Piter by PTMZ and KTM 71-630 for Moscow by UKVZ

both as i heard on phase of assembling first model

here is info for 71-630 (in russian of course)
http://tram.ruz.net/tramcars/71630/

can't find anything for LVS-2005. they was talking that first model will be completed by the end of 2005, but it seems postponed by few months.
I'm not sure if LVS-2005 is tram-train.

But I do not expect some good designs...

There several more projects of low floor one car trams. Some of them already in service.

New Croatian looks pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #22
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 484

Nice design! But I like Athens trams better :P
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #23
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

few more pics of Zagreb new trams in Action, as of December 30th 2005 there are 10 of this on streets of Zagreb, by the year's end (2006) 50 of this trams will rumble on streets of Zagreb, an order of 170+ trams has been made by ZET (Zagreb Electric Tram Est. 1984), delivery tempo of 30-35 trams are year should end in 2010 when about 170-180 trams should be in active service replacing old Czech and German trams...
TMK or NT2200 is 36 ton tram, 32m long, 2.35m wide and has capacity for 200 passengers, maximum speed is 70kmph...

An Older model TMK 2100 will continue to solder on along with NT2200 for quite some time, only 16 samples have been built, it is excepted they will serve Zagreb's 4 night lines...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 12:14 AM   #24
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

BTW, NT2200 cost about 2.5€ million or 3 million U$ FOB... Anyone interested purchasing them for there respective cities, call Koncar lol,

Koncar is a company responsible for making these trams and they are part of consortia of companies called Cro-Tram Consortium..

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:04 AM   #25
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 3022

Are the track gauge narrower for these trams than the more common tramways or LRT networks from other cities? Or is it the same all throughout? The trams seems very narrow but maybe they are wider in person? Please confirm.
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #26
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

^they use 1m gauge but can be specified to each costumers specifications, Zagreb is on 1m gauge...

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:24 PM   #27
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Some additional pictures:

snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:57 AM   #28
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

nice one

Old August 30th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #29
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 102

Some more images of CroTram photographed recently in Zagreb by Croatian members of SSC ....

BTW - Most of these images can also be found on the Croatian Railways Forum contributed by various members .....

http://zeljeznice.net/forum/index.php

Last edited by SinCity; August 31st, 2006 at 09:40 AM.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 04:48 AM   #30
harsh1802
MAVerick

They really look gud.

Hyderabad Cityscapes

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
harsh1802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:38 AM   #31
Chilenofuturista
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt

Likes (Received): 274

God damn it!! We need those trams in Santiago!! They're as beautiful and modern as the ones from Alstom, Bombardier and Siemens + that these croatian trams are less expensive.

I'm as deeply impressed as the first time I saw crotram pictures!
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:18 AM   #32
SinCity
Streetwalker

Thanks for the thoughts.

If anyone is interested in seeing these trams, one will be on show at this years "Berlin International Transport Fair" which is being held between 19-22 September.

So far the 35th tram rolled out yesterday on the Zagreb network. Therefore half of the first batch of 70 trams are operational on the streets. By Xmas this year 50 trams should be functioning with the last one rolled out early next year.

The good news is that Zagreb city council will order a second batch of 70 trams, taking the total to 140 units by the end of next year.

Other news is that the first tram completed its first 50,000 km test and as expected passed with flying colours. This has encouraged the CroTram consortium to commence promoting the possible export of this tram outside of Croatia.

On 26th September, the new tram will go for its first test run outside of Croatia. It will be thoroughly tested in the Serbian captial of Belgrade which want to purchase these trams for their network so as to replace the old cars still in use.

After Belgrade, the tram goes on tests runs in Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland & Germany.

Hopefully we'll see some orders placed from other Europeans cities soon.

BTW - This is one of only 5 low floor model trams produced in Europe!
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:37 AM   #33
DonQui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

What are the other four?
DonQui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:42 PM   #34
Chilenofuturista
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt

Likes (Received): 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
Thanks for the thoughts.

If anyone is interested in seeing these trams, one will be on show at this years "Berlin International Transport Fair" which is being held between 19-22 September.

So far the 35th tram rolled out yesterday on the Zagreb network. Therefore half of the first batch of 70 trams are operational on the streets. By Xmas this year 50 trams should be functioning with the last one rolled out early next year.

The good news is that Zagreb city council will order a second batch of 70 trams, taking the total to 140 units by the end of next year.

Other news is that the first tram completed its first 50,000 km test and as expected passed with flying colours. This has encouraged the CroTram consortium to commence promoting the possible export of this tram outside of Croatia.

On 26th September, the new tram will go for its first test run outside of Croatia. It will be thoroughly tested in the Serbian captial of Belgrade which want to purchase these trams for their network so as to replace the old cars still in use.

After Belgrade, the tram goes on tests runs in Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland & Germany.

Hopefully we'll see some orders placed from other Europeans cities soon.

BTW - This is one of only 5 low floor model trams produced in Europe!
You're welcome.

And that's the spirit! That's how I like things turning out for CroTram! I really love their design, it's quite unique and their interiors are very modern in all senses. I like what I'm reading on those plans to introduce them soon in other european countries, and hopefully soon we'll be having those trams in a South American capital (my wish)...

Btw, do you know which european cities that will be testing CroTrams after Belgrade? Praha? Sofia? ...?

Thanks for the information btw.
Old September 1st, 2006, 01:46 AM   #35
SinCity
Streetwalker

I'm not too sure in which order, but I know its Bratislava, Sofia, Bucharest as definates.

The only other bit of news is that CroTram might have been successful in its first tender. Word has it that they succesfully won the bid to supply 10 initial trams to the Polish city of Lodz. Hopefully I can get this confirmed.
Old September 1st, 2006, 01:53 AM   #36
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

Man I just hope we get to see these beauties in sarajevo....this is probably top 5 best trams in the world, go CROTRAM!
SaRaJeVo-City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 11:21 PM   #37
christovpeter

Likes (Received): 0

hi,
does anybody know if sofia might actually be purchasing some of these trams,and if so how long will it be before they are opperating on the streets of sofia?

thanks,

peter
christovpeter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #38
Luxis
REserved User

Likes (Received): 77

Great that blue CroTram coooll
Old December 10th, 2006, 03:13 AM   #39
CH

Likes (Received): 227

These new trains are very beautiful. Some Brazilian cities would have to adopt this type of transport.
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #40
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQui View Post
What are the other four?
Siemens Combino- Germany/Austria
Alstom Citadis- France
Bombardier- some of the trams are made in Europe
Some Polish company makes trams as well.