daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Phototeka

Phototeka Urban photo's of skyscrapers, skylines, architecture and cityscapes

Old December 9th, 2005, 07:12 PM   #101
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 6407

Hey Bikes those Danube Towers should have been finished by now I think. Are they? They were near new constructions like new Police HQ etc.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 11th, 2005, 03:08 AM   #102
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 416

Last time i saw it wasnt finished. This is the official page: http://www.irodahaz.info/dunatower/ and no info there either, but i will go and check it one day how it is going
Bikes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:00 AM   #103
kosova1986

Likes (Received): 0

Budapest / Gül baba tomb

kosova1986 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM   #104
Vasya Pupkin
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

What about that train that goes up the stairs? That's neat, I want to ride in one of those.
Vasya Pupkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #105
Sideshow_Bob
\m/

Likes (Received): 6

OMG What a beautiful city!
Old January 15th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #106
kostya
metro.

Likes (Received): 841

Budapest and Prague are two of my favourite cities in the area! Great pictures and a great city! I hope I'll visit it this summer. Oh, btw, can someone post a link with a road-map of Eastern Europe? Thank you.
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #107
wisza90
Register User

realy beatiful city escpeciely foto "View from Gellért Hill" but i dont see a skyline
wisza90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #108
RawLee

Likes (Received): 139

Budapest,random photos

Last thursday,I was "in" the city,so I took some pictures,though the heat f*cked up half of it.
The first is the center of Újpest. The colourful building is the town hall. The
tram 's route number is 14.

This is subway station in Újpest's center.

This is made on the Hungária avenue. This is the tramline 1 and 1A. the pic is facing east.

This is the (dont know english name,in german-untergang)at Flórián square,at Buda. the whole area is full of roman buildings. Even the surface is like an open-air museum.

Going back to Pest. The tracks are going to Batthyány square, and the other direction-to the Sziget festival,and Szentendre.

Margit-island. A green island in the sea of a city. Literally.

Facing north,a gigantic residental area is under construction on the riverbank.

New office towers on the Pest side.

This is further away, on the overpass of Hungária avenue. That is the modern roller coaster,"looping star".

The tracks are going to Nyugati railway station

The very old roller coaster in the theme park.This is like a 100 years old,and under unesco protection,I think.

The school of the blind.

Hungária avenue. This is the normal traffic,if there arent any jams.

This is why M0 is badly needed.

A tramcar was put into the garden of the blinds' school,so they can learn how to get on and off high-floored mass transit vehicles.

The museum of transportation.

The entrance of the theme park.

The circus of Budapest.

the Széchényi bath,just opposite the circus.

The artificial lake in the city park.

The entrance of the zoo.

this is the Gundel restaurant. If you have seen amazing race,this is the place they had to eat the spicy soup.

This is a remainder from old times. Back,before the 50's,the metro line M1(yellow) surfaced here,under this arch. So this is(was) an overpass for pedestrians.

Heroes' square.

This is a construction on Dózsa György road. The guys at the development forum should know what this will be.

Before this,a lot of pics got corrupted. This is the market of Újpest,with the Catholic Temple of Újpest.

Old and new. To the right, the old city hall, to the left, the extension of it. I'm standing in the station of tram line 14.

The fire station of Újpest. The statue supposed to be a list of the KIA fire fighters,but fortunately,there is not a single name on it.

This is like a kind of suburb. the area is full of ground floor houses. I'm on bus number 20.

This is all. The lost pics had many more sight,along with some made on board tram 14.

Here is an approximate map of my route. Red is where I used MT,blue is where I walked. Black dots where approximately the photos were taken.

Last edited by RawLee; September 7th, 2007 at 08:20 PM.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #109
RawLee

Monday, i had some business to take care of in the city again, so here are some pictures about the trip. I was at Buda now,som some pics are made there.
this is hungária avenue a again,this time,in rush hour.

this is Buda already, going to Bécsi road. This part of Buda is full of commieblocks.

This is Bécsi road, end point of tram 1,1A and 17.

to the left,this is one of the building of the College of technology of Budapest. From the Bécsi road,all the way(10min tram journey)the road is under major reconstruction,the place is like a battlefield.

Buda end of Margit bridge. the sidebridge in the middle leads to the Margit island.

View from the bridge.

The riverbank at Buda and Margit island.

the middle of the bridge,with the giant caterpillar.The bridge shook when it crossed.

the Chainbridge and the Erzsébet bridge

The short sidebridge to the Margit island

These just came by,and I found them interesting.

The Pest side of the river,with the Árpád bridge in the distance.

the Great Boulevard,just after the bridge

The Western Railway Station,with Combino in the front.

These pics will be Újpest,this is the Secondary Bilingual School of Technology of Újpest.

The railway station of Újpest,along the Budapest-Vác railroad.

Going to Vác,probably

This is the point where the tram 12 and 14 separates. 12 goes to Rákospalota,14 continues it way to the end of Budapest.

The tracks were laid for the metro, but because the metro hasnt been built,trams use its track.

the bus terminal at Káposztásmegyer.
]
this is how the route sounds
http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/7761/mvi24892ow1.flv

This is the trip I took. Red is MT,blue is where I walked. Black dots are where photos were made.
Old September 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #110
RawLee

A few days ago,I did an other trip,this time,on more touristy areas.
Just in front of BMF. Remember how the road looked last time I went there? now it is fully done. Let me help...upper pic is now,lower is then.

An old Roman arena near the school

Junction. I like the fact that much of north Buda's major roads get facelifts

I suppose this was an old vehicle depot

I was very surprised when I saw this: a police car just stopped an other
car,and the cop investigated both the driver and the car!

Combino on Magrit bridge...notice how small that car is compared to the tram.

Oktogon

Andrássy boulevard

Kodály Körönd

The gardeners of the city taking care of the plants..good to see.Also on Kodály Körönd,but on the opposite side.

Flat and office to rent...Can you imagine any better looking home or office?

Metro M1 station at Bajza street.

Funny looking touring bus in front of the Opera.

The exterior of the Opera...

..and the interior.

The museum of fine arts.

The overpass of Hungária avenue. Sorry for the blurr.

Random pics in Angyalföld,near the overpass. This street is full of newly built houses.

The trip:
Red is mass transit,blue is where I walked, black dots where photos were made.
Old September 7th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #111
RawLee

Today,I was in the mood,and the weather allowed it,so I took the scenic route home.The first part of my trip northern Buda,then northern Pest. This part of the city you will see is "poorer" at first sight,but remember this: northern Budapest along the Danube was a large industrial centre in the past century. What you see today,is the result of capitalism.
The tour start at my school,BMF. This car was made by Donát Bánki,who invented the carburetor,before Maybach.

Bécsi road. Pretty long segment of it has been renovated in the past month.

Building of Népszabadság(people freedom),which is a newspaper.

Park at Flórián square,with the on and offramp of Árpád bridge in the background.

I think this is the longest building in Budapest,so this is the one that 360 project wants to "overtake".

Roman ruins at Flórián square.

Again ruins,this time,in the middle of a residential area.

Just like a tiny bit from Szentendre,near Flórián square.

My HÉV is coming,passing under Árpád bridge.

I took it for only 1 station,this is Filatorigát.

The bridge leading to the Hajógyári sziget(shipyard island),where Sziget Festival takes place in the summer.

View of Buda hills.

Sprawl-like area,protected with anti-noise wall(?).

I didnt know Auchan needs so huge chimneys.

A huge chimney in the distance.

View of Buda hills II.

New industrial park,called "Graphisoft park".

This is an extremely run-down part of the trip,I was afraid there.

A 100m away,a mercedes...poor-poor hungarians...

An other 100m away,a kindergarten,with good looking buildings.

To be honest,I was afraid of being lost,but I've found the tracks leading to the northern railway connector!

As you can see,even the most hidden places in Budapest hold surprises. A pretty little residential area.

Same area,from different angle.

The railway bridge I was talking about. You can see its in pretty bad condition. This is a "K" bridge,meaning its half-permanent. It means that the pillars are permanent,but the structure not. It was built in the 50's to provide railway connection with western Hungary. It was meant for only a few years,until a new,permanent bridge will be built. And it still stands,and there is no definite date for the new crossing,which would be a road-rail bridge,supposedly.

View from the bridge,to the north. The crane in the very-very distance IMO belongs to the M0 bridge.

Árpád bridge,with Buda hills in the back.

Marina part(Marina shore),still under construction.

Népsziget(people island),to the left and to the right

"The old railway bridge of Újpest was destroyed in 1944 27th of December by fascists. The bridge was rebuilt by the constructiveness of the hungarian peoplein between 1952-55. The names of the killed workers during the heroic reconstruction of the bridge: (...)"

Something will be going on here...

Thats Újpest already!

I was walking,and suddenly,the ground started to shake,and this baby came by.

Marina part again,this time,the finished phase.

The winter harbour with the ship repair facilities. the firefighters' ship is also stationed somewhere here.

Károlyi István Városközpont(Károlyi István city Centre)

This is where that 360 project will take place

Reconstruction of Váci road. This is the reason why the entire northern Pest is a traffic jam. See how hard they are working?

Újpest-Városkapu(City gate). that building was the old Újpesti remiz(depot) for trams. It was abandoned when the tramline at the Váci street was suspended,due to the metro. Later,a Match opened here.

One of Újpest's main road,the Árpád road.

From now on,all the pics will be about the progress in Újpest. Enjoy the view of the renewed Újpest!

New buses at Újpest.

The building to the right is the police headquarters of Újpest.

Old Ikarus in new cloth.

That big area is/was the planned next station of metro M3,if it will ever be built. The area is empty for more than a decade. Újpest is blackmailing Budapest,saying that that land is worth too much to leave it empty. So if Budapest doesnt start to extend the metro soon,Újpest will sell the land.

The power plant of Újpest,which produces (central)heat(ing) and electricity for the district.

Árpád "mall". Its pretty old. It was built more than 10 years ago.

This is how Budapest(and I think the rest of Hungary) collects recyclable waste. Blue is for paper,Yellow is for plastic,green is for coloured glass,I think grey is for white glass,and white is for metal.

In spite all of this development,Újpest is still full of commie blocks,and will be for some time.

As usual,red is mass transit,blue is where I walked,and black dots are where pics were made.
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #112
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 162

It seems that you forced yourself to make Budapest look crap. I mean, no offence, but in these pictures … it does not look good at all

Maybe other users post their opinions ...

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #113
Metsada
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

Nice pics, but I expected Hungary to look wealthier and neater.
Metsada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #114
HeavenlySword
BANNED

No offense but.............

These pictures are the worst Budapest pictures which i have ever seen...old houses.....commieblocks......grey/brown old houses....old bridges...bad weather....old cars.....looks very poor.And this is central Europe?????

Can you show me pictures of budapest night and club life with nice hungarian girls

Last edited by HeavenlySword; September 11th, 2007 at 02:16 AM.
HeavenlySword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:13 AM   #115
maartenvdbent

Likes (Received): 1

These photo's are not really suitable for promoting Budapest, no... Budapest is much, much more beautiful than these pics show.

But, for someone who knows Budapest a bit better it is nice to see Budapest from antother perspective.
maartenvdbent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:19 AM   #116
HeavenlySword
BANNED

i know that Budapest is better.Many tourists visit it.But these pictures are not good.They show the poor side of Budapest.
HeavenlySword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #117
Ataman
Some user

"The worst of Budapest" would make a fitting title for this thread.

-Ataman
Ataman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #118
Jünyus Brütüs
Awesome User

Likes (Received): 95

what is wrong with the pics? they just show the city... isn't it boring to show every time turistic areas?
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #119
Ataman
Some user

I don't think there is anything wrong with them. They are in fact not the worst corners of Budapest (although now that I think of it, even the worst of Budapest isn't that bad).

-Ataman
Ataman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #120
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkas View Post
what is wrong with the pics? they just show the city... isn't it boring to show every time turistic areas?
It seems a lot people thinks that a city is just its touristy areas. My intention was to show the real face of the city. Thank you for your "help",saying what I wanted to say!

Let me get this straight...
1,old bridges...well,the oldest is 150 years old. You want us to demolish them?
2,commieblocks...we lived in the USSR.what did you expect?mansions? No way those would be gone in 50 years.
3,wealth...Budapest's residents are as wealthy as an average german or italian. We cant renovate a whole city of ~1,7 million in 3 years,while we build motorways,a new metro and a new bridge.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: