daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 5th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #421
čđđeůx
Still Comin' Out Strong

Likes (Received): 1955

the third is the best!

Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #422
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboo View Post
i thought this was the signature tower thread and i almost cried.
LOL same.
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #423
dariannk

Likes (Received): 0

Here read this:
http://www.setneg-ppkk.co.id/berita-...an-dilanjutkan

All shares of the project (sorry im 14 what im trying to say is "saham") have agreed to build Jakarta Tower starting on 2011. However, they are trying to search for a new investor, and some other guy gives a due date for searching. The due date is April 2011. So now they're actually already building the tower. And dont say they're lame or what, even the Kompas group has a share. They will build the tower as soon as posibble (they said that), and that is because it is a dream of our great president-Soeharto. It was a project dreamt by Soeharto, but in 1997 we faced economy crisis. In fact, they are really eager to finish this project off, because it would be one of the components that Indonesia has to build to make themselves go into the top 10 countries in 2025
dariannk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #424
sepul

Likes (Received): 1566

how would building a 558m tower will make Indonesia one of "top 10 countries" by 2025?? and please explain top 10 countries in term of what?? without the tower Indonesia will still become one of top 10 largest economies in the world..
sepul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #425
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8232

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepul View Post
how would building a 558m tower will make Indonesia one of "top 10 countries" by 2025?? and please explain top 10 countries in term of what?? without the tower Indonesia will still become one of top 10 largest economies in the world..
in terms of tallest building.
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 11:59 AM   #426
dariannk

Quote:
in your bottom is wrong in top 10 tallest.. top 10 in every aspect. This will drastically increase tourism in Indonesia, economy everything. Remember that Jakarta tower will be used for communications tower too. Jakarta tower as I explained is a dream by former president Suharto, so projects like this being delayed shows that Indonesia is full of corruption and etc (well it is ). The finishing of Jakarta tower (558 m), Signature tower (638 m) and BUMN tower (600 m), and together if the MRT Jakarta will be finished, shows the world that Indonesia is a capable country. If you ask people in the U.S. "What do you think of when I say the word "Indonesia"?" they would probably answer: Jungles everywhere, native people wearing no clothes, etc. Your country used to be like that too, before Petronas Towers was finished. They think it is just a country full of jungles, forests and wild animals. But because of Petronas Towers, whenever we ask a U.S citizen: "What do you think when I say the country Malaysia?" they will most of the time say about Petronas towers. Now, what if I say "Paris" to you. 80% of the time you will picture Eiffel Tower in your mind. Indonesians of course want that kind of things too, it's just shameful that this project has been delayed for more than 15 years

Last edited by dariannk; March 1st, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:43 PM   #427
sepul

I understand that.. but how would you measure "top 10 countries"??
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #428
dariannk

Quote:
hmm haha im not connected to the government, so i technically doesnt know much about it. But it must be related to economics, military, successfulness, tourism, education, health, etc. Indonesia so far is the 16 richest based on GDP (PPP). If they decide to build these buildings it could help the country in many areas, because the buildings (BUMN, Jakarta Tower, Signature Tower, etc.) is not only going to be used for tourism only, but will also be a place for media, offices, etc. It may seem impossible for a building to make such great changes in a country. But I'll put it this way: would you go to Paris (or perhaps even France) if they don't have the Eiffel Tower? anyways have a nice day.
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #429
khoojyh
No more world war !!!

Location: Eastern Garden,City of Twins, Merlion City, Good Little Bay
Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimihitam View Post
New rendering

This looks like something missing... Can't tell...

Previous rendering is nicer.
khoojyh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #430
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3633

Beauty, is missing.

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #431
sepul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariannk View Post
hmm haha im not connected to the government, so i technically doesnt know much about it. But it must be related to economics, military, successfulness, tourism, education, health, etc. Indonesia so far is the 16 richest based on GDP (PPP). If they decide to build these buildings it could help the country in many areas, because the buildings (BUMN, Jakarta Tower, Signature Tower, etc.) is not only going to be used for tourism only, but will also be a place for media, offices, etc. It may seem impossible for a building to make such great changes in a country. But I'll put it this way: would you go to Paris (or perhaps even France) if they don't have the Eiffel Tower? anyways have a nice day.
I won't go to France just to see a single tower, I'd better go skiing
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #432
khoojyh
No more world war !!!

Location: Eastern Garden,City of Twins, Merlion City, Good Little Bay
Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Beauty, is missing.
Hmmm.. I think I should say this way, color a bit weird. the rendering just like a designer in 60's try to carry out a futuristic design.
khoojyh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #433
CrazyForID

Likes (Received): 2019

Quote:
he just got too excited (or might be drunk)

i think he wants to explain that this tower may change the "stereotype" about indonesia (well, i guess without this tower, people are already started to change their 'common views' terrorism,backwards,etc to us)

moreover, this tower is not made by the government neither any national companies. so, this thing will never be jakarta 'icon'
Old March 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #434
Yamauchi
Awesome User

Likes (Received): 54

Not to be critical, but if they follow the design in that render it will be somewhat ugly. It does look like a 60s design, and the proportions are very strange, especially at the top.

If they're really going to build it (and I still have my doubts), they need to redesign it. It should have features that invoke Indonesian architectural styles.
Yamauchi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #435
CrazyForID

which render?
Old March 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #436
dariannk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyForID View Post
he just got too excited (or might be drunk)

i think he wants to explain that this tower may change the "stereotype" about indonesia (well, i guess without this tower, people are already started to change their 'common views' terrorism,backwards,etc to us)

moreover, this tower is not made by the government neither any national companies. so, this thing will never be jakarta 'icon'
Hey im not drunk. Read the link I posted above. They clearly said that Jakarta Tower is one of the aspects Indonesia has to fullfill in order to go into the top 10 best. Go an see it by yourself before judjing someone. Ada juga pemegang saham 25% yaitu grup Kompas yang mungkin bisa disebut juga perusahaan nasional karena terkenal

Last edited by dariannk; March 17th, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #437
CrazyForID

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariannk View Post
Hey im not drunk

then it's obvious you're over excited
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #438
DarkShadows1966
Construction Updater

Likes (Received): 460

Why is this on hold?

------------------------------------------------------
ROCK ME AMADEUS -Falco
Vote here: https://goo.gl/CbXQB7
DarkShadows1966 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #439
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows1966
Why is this on hold?
Financial problems
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #440
eurico

Likes (Received): 6353

It's cancelled again, for so many times the new share holder of this tower taking back out of this project

Tags
jakarta