daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Rate Lisbon's publis transport
Excellent 17 30.36%
Very good 20 35.71%
Good 11 19.64%
Fair 2 3.57%
Bad 2 3.57%
Very bad 4 7.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 10th, 2008, 01:21 AM   #301
Paulo2004
Luso from Aveiro

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
Very nice
One of the best.

For the best photos or information on Portugal, visit the PORTUGUESE FORUM.
Paulo2004 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:53 AM   #302
traveler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 299

Any new pictures of the new stations?
traveler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #303
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18218

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 01:41 AM   #304
davsot
Perro que ladra no muerde

Likes (Received): 47

Wonderful!
davsot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 04:26 AM   #305
traveler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 299

Very nice!
traveler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 02:21 PM   #306
sotavento

Likes (Received): 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
When I've been to Lisboa 17 years ago there were trams in front of Santa Apolonia station. I can not see them on this map. Have they been removed? It would be sad..

Yes .. .sadly when they did the Expo1998 they renewed the riverside steets and the trams were no more ...

All the way from Baixa/Terreiro do Paço (namelly the loop at Campo das Cebolas) to Xabregas and beyond (where the complete renewall of the landscape took place for Expo'98) they replaced the old trams with articulated bus services.

But there are plans for a reinstalment of "proper" tram routes in lisboa again ... one of them is precisely the T.Paço to Oriente along the riverside.
"O País perdeu a inteligência e a consciência moral. Ninguém se respeita nem crê na honestidade dos homens públicos. O povo está na miséria. Os serviços públicos vão abandonados. A mocidade arrasta-se das mesas das secretarias para as mesas dos cafés. A ruína económica cresce o comércio definha, a indústria enfraquece. O salário diminui. O Estado é considerado um ladrão e tratado como um inimigo.
Neste salve-se quem puder a burguesia proprietária de casas explora o aluguel. A agiotagem explora o juro…"”
— Eça
sotavento no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #307
Never give up

Likes (Received): 7543

Probably the best tram in Lisbon..

[IMG]http://i25.************/311uq8w.jpg[/IMG]
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:40 AM   #308
Paulo2004
Luso from Aveiro

All photos by pedrodepinto

NEW LINES

1959 - 1972…

1988 - 1997…

1997 - 2002

[/QUOTE]

Old August 31st, 2009, 01:01 AM   #309
harsh1802
MAVerick

Likes (Received): 102

Wow this is a cool system.

Thanks.

Hyderabad Cityscapes

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
harsh1802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM   #310
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 780

Very nice system. But for such a modern metro network why is there such a lack of escalators. I can understand in metro's like Paris which is very old and in many cases not too deep, but many of the Lisbon stations are quite deep and many steps but no escalators.
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #311
sotavento

Likes (Received): 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme View Post
Very nice system. But for such a modern metro network why is there such a lack of escalators. I can understand in metro's like Paris which is very old and in many cases not too deep, but many of the Lisbon stations are quite deep and many steps but no escalators.
No escalators ???

From platform level to HALL there's always stairs + elevators ... only from the hall to surface there is escalators ... and in the exit usually theres a couple of steps also.

This of course in the new (post 1980) stations ... in the old sub-surface stations theres no escalators at all ...

The answer is simple ... theres elevators for those needing mobility ... escalators (and walking carpets (?)) are there only when theres a great different between hall's.
"O País perdeu a inteligência e a consciência moral. Ninguém se respeita nem crê na honestidade dos homens públicos. O povo está na miséria. Os serviços públicos vão abandonados. A mocidade arrasta-se das mesas das secretarias para as mesas dos cafés. A ruína económica cresce o comércio definha, a indústria enfraquece. O salário diminui. O Estado é considerado um ladrão e tratado como um inimigo.
Neste salve-se quem puder a burguesia proprietária de casas explora o aluguel. A agiotagem explora o juro…"”
— Eça
sotavento no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #312
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotavento View Post
No escalators ???

From platform level to HALL there's always stairs + elevators ... only from the hall to surface there is escalators ... and in the exit usually theres a couple of steps also.

This of course in the new (post 1980) stations ... in the old sub-surface stations theres no escalators at all ...

The answer is simple ... theres elevators for those needing mobility ... escalators (and walking carpets (?)) are there only when theres a great different between hall's.
Interesting. Maybe I missed them, but I seemed to find them missing from even the newer stations. I remember a few in the central part of the city that had these great halls, but only steps.

If they are there, are they well sign posted? It does become a hassle when carrying heavy bags after or before a flight when travelling.
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #313
Yappofloyd

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Interesting. Maybe I missed them, but I seemed to find them missing from even the newer stations. I remember a few in the central part of the city that had these great halls, but only steps.

If they are there, are they well sign posted? It does become a hassle when carrying heavy bags after or before a flight when travelling.
The Green line is not that deep (except at the southern end) with most of it being an old cut and cover just below st level stations.

You may be thinking of some of the inner Blue Line (seagull Line) stations from Marquez to Baixa. The two new stations between Baixa and Santa Apolonia have escalators. Baixa seems quite deep, esp if you enter/exit from the west side as it has about 4 different elevators to get from street to concourse level.

Some of the newer stations on the Yellow (Seagull) line north of Campe Grande are very deep esp Ameixoeira which seems like is has been converted from a large, deep old missle silo.

I assume that in due course all stations will need some form of elevator/escalator access for the disabled in order to comply with EU requirements.
Yappofloyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #314
osakax8

Likes (Received): 0

Lisbon metro enginiers hate escalators

Quote:

The design of the newest metro stations is a disgrace: they have long walking corridors with unjustifiable twist and turns and complete absence of escalators from platform to halls - in its place there are a kind of bottleneck stairs (i.e. Baixa, S.Sebastião), which are narrower at the top making difficult the flowing of passengers. These newest stations may be aesthetically pleasent but are completely user-UNfriendly. The responsible for their design are peolpe who have never and will never have to travel by metro, otherwise they would not commit such gross design errors.
osakax8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #315
venom6

Likes (Received): 1324

Once i finally reach Portugal i promise i wont miss Lisbon (Lisszabon in hungarian )
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:16 AM   #316
Paulo2004
Luso from Aveiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom6 View Post
Once i finally reach Portugal i promise i wont miss Lisbon (Lisszabon in hungarian )
A must!

Old December 13th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #317
Paulo2004
Luso from Aveiro

Flickr jaime.silva

image hosted on flickr

Old December 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #318
Messi
Tinerci Gençlik

Likes (Received): 2430

Just been in Lisbon 5 days ago! I've never enjoyed a trip that much in Europe! Great city, great public transport, loved the metro!!
Messi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #319
JPSM

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
As far as I can recall, some are, others don't....in Portugal there is some problems in this aspect...the heavy bags are a problem...yes, but for me this takes special importance when we are talking about older, or some mobility handicap...

But in general like sotavento said, this is a problem in the older metro stations...
JPSM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #320
Yappofloyd

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephasto View Post
You can see construction going on on the red line.
I am have forgotten exactly when the Linha Vermelha ext to the Airport is due to open, does anyone know? Construction has been going on for about 3 yrs so I guess there is 1-2yrs to go before it is finished?
Yappofloyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote