SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Vote for your favourite skyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOTE: Best South American Skyline

9K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  PanaManiac 
#1 · (Edited)
VOTE: Best South American Skyline

Here are the five cities which received the most nominations this week.

Vote for your favourite skyline.

Buenos Aires

Panama City

Sao Paulo

Santiago de Chile

Bogota

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Panama City has a great skyline, but I don't like the buildings....
I love São Paulo, it's the most impressive city I've ever been.
But here I'll go with Santiago, a mix of nice building, with wonderful mountains on the back....best skyline in L.A for me. And one of the most beautiful settings behind Cape Town and Rio.

#5 ·
Menandro said:
wjfox2002, i think Panama City and Bogota Pics are too old!!!

The PC picture you posted is from the year 1998...

Please, consider these photos... You can erase my post as soon as you see this message and take a decision!
Lol. Okay, I changed them.

I'll keep your post, so people can see the other pics you posted.

#14 · (Edited)
Best South American Skyline

Wjfox2002:

You're not quite that good. Don't mean to burst your bubble, but Panama City is not in South America. There was a time one could make that argument, as Panama was once a province of Colombia before it seceded in 1903. But I can understand your eagerness to include Panama's capital in your poll, due to the visual impact of it's skyline. However, a better title to your poll would've been "Best Latin American Skyline." That way, you could toss Mexico City into the mix, although a poll of the the same title was already posted in the "City vs City" forum, which by the way, was won by - you guessed it - Panama City.

Needless to say (see username), my vote here is for Panama City, as I am simultaneously objective, as well as shamelessly biased...

#16 ·
I'll say Santiago because it's a great mix of buildings and the Andes are incredible. I love the Andes mints too, so I might have somewhat of a bias.

#20 ·
The farthest south I've personally been is Cuernavaca, Mexico, but I love Latin America! Panama City is nice, but has too many residential high rises for me. I want to see more commercial office buildings in a downtown. Rio has unbelievable physical beauty and a fairly attractive downtown. Sao Paulo is enourmous and really has a couple of downtown clusters. Santiago is extremely attractive and has a nice downtown, but it needs more high rise density.

I choose Buenos Aires. After seeing this photo, how can I not?

#25 ·
check this one...sorry for the quality...its a lovely cloudy day here..ill see if i can take one in a more sunny day

#26 ·
I like cities with mountains in the background (los angeles California with its snow capped mountains) I like Santiago because of that, not so much of the height, but the overall vista. Not taking into account the snow capped mountains PAMANA CITY beats all other cities by a mile... althought Cartagena is closing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.