daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 4th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #3221
nyarch21

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal Shourov View Post

By your logic, Paris skyline is better than that of Singapore's, because Paris has Eiffel Tower

New York's construction will stall after it's supertall construction concludes within a decade. But Shenzhen's construction has just begun, and if China's economy doesn't crash dramatically Shenzhen will own the no.1 skyline by 2025. Most people have never looked and Shenzhen properly and they assume Shenzhen is only building supertalls like Dubai, no skyscrapers (200-299 meters) or highrises (100-199 meters). This is not the case. Shenzhen has lots of empty plots which will be filled with both skyscrapers and supertalls. If Shenzhen is truly able to construct all of its 40+ supertalls projects, each and every skyline will appear minuscule when scaled next to Shenzhen for comparison. At this magnitude, density will become a non-factor for cities which have lesser quantity of supertalls (Shenzhen itself will turn into a very dense city unlike Dubai).

Shenzhen will become like Himalayas, New York will be like Andes. Global influence has nothing to do skyline rankings (if it did then New York would've stayed at the top, not Hong Kong). I'm pretty sure Emporis, Skyscraperpage etc. will agree with me by 2025
Your arguments biggest flaw is assuming everything will go as planned in a best case scenario.
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #3222
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
By your logic, Paris skyline is better than that of Singapore's, because Paris has Eiffel Tower
this gentleman was comparing the buildings of nyc and a chinese city. i never said nyc skyline is better than this or that. what i wrote was i prefer nyc any day of the year because it is nyc the one and only. i find it's skyline perfect in any aspect. it is iconic, famous, old, new, dynamic, and well-balanced etc. it can also offer the old high-rise buildings and skyscrapers which were built before ww2. not to mention the inspiring architecture, great inventions, creative designs, popularity, world class american engineers and architects who actually built those excellent buildings. this one is better than that one argument will vary based on your personal taste. so it is pointless to write an essay about it. hong kong skyline is incredibly impressive and exceptionally done but i still prefer nyc over any of them.

Last edited by SO143; July 4th, 2013 at 03:14 AM.
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #3223
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

NYC

image hosted on flickr

Concrete Paradise by Aleks Ivic, on Flickr
Old July 4th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #3224
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:

New York's construction will stall after it's supertall construction concludes within a decade. But Shenzhen's construction has just begun, and if China's economy doesn't crash dramatically Shenzhen will own the no.1 skyline by 2025. Most people have never looked and Shenzhen properly and they assume Shenzhen is only building supertalls like Dubai, no skyscrapers (200-299 meters) or highrises (100-199 meters). This is not the case. Shenzhen has lots of empty plots which will be filled with both skyscrapers and supertalls. If Shenzhen is truly able to construct all of its 40+ supertalls projects, each and every skyline will appear minuscule when scaled next to Shenzhen for comparison. At this magnitude, density will become a non-factor for cities which have lesser quantity of supertalls (Shenzhen itself will turn into a very dense city unlike Dubai).

Shenzhen will become like Himalayas, New York will be like Andes. Global influence has nothing to do skyline rankings (if it did then New York would've stayed at the top, not Hong Kong). I'm pretty sure Emporis, Skyscraperpage etc. will agree with me by 2025
IF most of this wasn't all your opinion maybe you would have a point, but like the bolded point its nothing more then just that your opinion
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #3225
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1815

http://gallery.nyonair.com/?portfolio=0007
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #3226
sbarn

Likes (Received): 991

Quote:
The Hudson Yards district will take decades to build out, so my guess is that you're wrong. I'm sure construction will ebb and flow with the economy, but with time there are lots of sites left in Manhattan that are ripe for (supertall) development.

TowerVerre:) liked this post
sbarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #3227
SO143
BANNED

RAF Typhoon in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

image hosted on flickr

RAF 3 (F) Squadron Eurofighter Typhoon over the Petronas towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. by Official Eurofighter Typhoon, on Flickr

TowerVerre:), Highcliff, the dogi, n20, bbq and 1 others liked this post
Old July 5th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #3228
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9717

New York City - New York - United States

image hosted on flickr

Gantry In The Rain by Tim Drivas, on Flickr
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #3229
ekamai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 511

image hosted on flickr

Bangkok Skyline

Highcliff, n20 liked this post
ekamai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #3230
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

New York City - New York - United States

image hosted on flickr

Sunset Freedom Tower by PM Breakfast, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Sunset Lower Manhattan Skyline by PM Breakfast, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Lower Manhattan on the 4th of July by Scott Beale, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

One World Trade Center on the 4th of July by Scott Beale, on Flickr
Old July 6th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #3231
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
SSP has 46 supertalls in Shenzhen either built, under construction, or proposed. No other city is remotely close.
wow....
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #3232
SO143
BANNED

yall have been saying too much about shenzhen lately but i have never seen it's pictures in this thread and i have no idea how it looks like.

somebody please post some pics <3
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #3233
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10786

Almost every city on the planet has its own skyline thread. There are tons of photos; you just need to go look. I'll make it easy for you: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...threadid=19853

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #3234
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
yall have been saying too much about shenzhen lately but i have never seen it's pictures in this thread and i have no idea how it looks like.

somebody please post some pics <3
For you

Quote:

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #3235
SO143
BANNED

thanks for the pics. no offence, but comparing this to nyc skyline is simply disgraceful.
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #3236
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Quote:
thanks for the pics. no offence, but comparing this to nyc skyline is simply disgraceful.
If you browse previous comments, you will find that we're talking about Shenzhen's future skyline, not present. Of course the present skyline of Shenzhen is nothing extraordinary in comparison to NYC or Hong Kong. However the change will be dramatic within 12-15 years
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #3237
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
we're talking about Shenzhen's future skyline, not present.
it is like saying hey israel will wipe iran off the map in the future.

p.s this thread is not even about future world's best skyline.
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #3238
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Quote:
it is like saying hey israel will wipe iran off the map in the future.

p.s this thread is not even about future world's best skyline.
BTW I did not start the comparison between Shenzhen and New York (or any other city). This guy below did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
Shenzen will never have the best skyline! NYC will always be.
Thus all these discussion about Shenzhen's future skyline arose. As I said earlier
Quote:

if China's economy doesn't crash dramatically Shenzhen will own the no.1 skyline by 2025.
if...
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #3239
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

.. not even Dubai catches up.
Old July 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #3240
ekamai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 511

The Royal Sport Club
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

Highcliff liked this post
ekamai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abu dhabi, chicago, chongqing, dubai, guangzhou, hanoi, hong kong, jakarta, kuala lumpur, las vegas, london, manila, melbourne, miami, moscow, new york city, panama city, paris, saigon, seattle, shanghai, shenzhen, singapore, sydney, toronto