SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Went to Stratford

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  salvius 
#1 ·
Went to Stratford to see a play.
I have been to the river, to Williams', Festival Theatre always at night, but never really downtown.

All I can say is WOW it is really urban, not too touristy in a good way, and there are endless streetwalls...! What a huge downtown! I felt like I was in a larger American city, like 500,000 people... lol...

Amazing town/city Stratford is... I am now in love with it and will be doing a photo tour sometime soon in the summer or spring!

#2 ·
Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Stratty there, SP!RE! The downtown Stratford has feels like it has a lot more than 30,000 people, maybe even twice as much population. I will be doing another spring/summer time posting myself of Stratford soon. I don't know if an American city of 500,000 people would cut it for Stratford. Maybe a city of 70,000+ though, that could be accurate enough!

#3 ·
Well with the way suburbia has worked its black magic on american cities, Downtown Stratford would be sufficient for a city the size of Kitchener and Waterloo in some cases.

But, yes, a great downtown, a great town. Can't believe how little publicity it gets, and how little we hear about its downtown as a model for Downtown Kitchener and such...

#5 ·
^ I believe you are talking about on Erie St. where the Stratford Hotel is and the land that is currently a parking lot. As far as I know, yes the development is still going to happen, as I believe a decision was made determining what would be built there, including a luxury five to six storey condo project.

#6 ·
very good news for stratford, if theyre giong to grow, its good that theyre going to do so in style. stratford is a very nice city, and i hope that they can keep it that way.
is there going to be street level retail in the development?

#7 ·
Stratford owns. My uncle used to live there, on the east end, which is sort of the older area, slighly run down. I don't know what street, but he lived behind that big abandoned factory with the skate park beside it.

For a town the size of Stratford, there downtown sure as hell kicks ass, it's huge. It's alot bigger then Kitchener's.

One thing I gotta ask, did you get Kens French Fries? They're this really old fry shop that run out of old buses and they've been there for yearssss. They have a truck downtown and by the mall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.