daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 16th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #1
Monkey
BANNED
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Londinium
Posts: 14,108
Likes (Received): 38

PANAMA CITY wins twenty-first Hall of Fame contest!

Best South American Skyline



1. Panama City - 20 votes (31.75%)








2. Buenos Aires - 17 votes (26.98%)










3. Sao Paulo - 15 votes (23.81%)








4. Santiago de Chile - 8 votes (12.70%)








5. Bogota - 3 votes (4.76%)


Monkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #2
PanaManiac
"Hands of Stone"
 
PanaManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PTY/SFO
Posts: 3,631
Likes (Received): 111

Panama City from Central America reached across it's border with Colombia to clobber all of South America! Awesome.
__________________
HD video #1-> PANAMA - HUB OF THE AMERICAS <-HD video #2
HD video #3-> Panatrópolis! <-HD video #3
Images link #1-> Panama City - Ciudad de Panamá <-Images link #2

Last edited by PanaManiac; September 9th, 2008 at 11:13 AM.
PanaManiac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #3
michal1982
Condom User
 
michal1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 709
Likes (Received): 1

congartualtions panama
michal1982 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #4
Guille
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 1

hehehe, heheheh... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I love this "gringos", they know nothing about geography... HELLO!!! these are the North American countries: Canada, USA, México. Central American countries: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica and finally Panamá. Did you learn something? PANAMA IS IN CENTRAL AMERICA!!!!!
Guille no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:42 PM   #5
SuperDog
BANNED
 
SuperDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 445
Likes (Received): 0

Panama is on the North American Continent. It is just as north american as Alaska.

Is Greece not a part of Europe because it is on the Balkan Peninsula?

Is the Sinai not part of Asia because it is in the Middle East?
SuperDog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #6
Chino_waro
Registered User
 
Chino_waro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Panama
Posts: 1,180
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDog
Panama is on the North American Continent. It is just as north american as Alaska.

Is Greece not a part of Europe because it is on the Balkan Peninsula?

Is the Sinai not part of Asia because it is in the Middle East?

LOL You gotta be kinding me , North America, Central America and South America are different. You should just say its part of America

Glad To see Panama win some Fame and i didnt even vote
Chino_waro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 02:20 AM   #7
Guille
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDog
Panama is on the North American Continent. It is just as north american as Alaska.

Is Greece not a part of Europe because it is on the Balkan Peninsula?

Is the Sinai not part of Asia because it is in the Middle East?
lol lol lol lol lol lol...I think you are a little confused SUPERDOG... We are talking about Panama City in Pma. Country (Central America), not Panama City, in Florida, hehehehehe....
Guille no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 03:15 AM   #8
Cobucci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro/Barcelona
Posts: 3,058
Likes (Received): 936

Panama is Central America.
The North Americans countries are Mexico, USA, Canada and Greenland (Denmark's possession)
Cobucci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 03:36 AM   #9
tejada
Registered User
 
tejada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Panamá Oeste
Posts: 1,734
Likes (Received): 8

Good although Panama is not part of the south america was chosen as first in this by vots a pride must be everything
tejada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:02 AM   #10
SuperDog
BANNED
 
SuperDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 445
Likes (Received): 0

All right all you geography flunkies.....

Central America is an integral part of North America. PERIOD.

Central America is North America. Central America is not a continent on to itself.

Geography 101 There are 7 continents ( large land masses)

1. Europe, 2. Asia, 3. Africa, 4. Australia, 5. Antartica, 6. North America, 7.South America.

Which one does Panama fall in to?

North America goes from the Artic Ocean ( Alaska, Canada and Greenland to Panama and includes all of the Caribbean islands)

Remember that.

Last edited by SuperDog; October 12th, 2005 at 05:23 AM.
SuperDog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:03 AM   #11
SuperDog
BANNED
 
SuperDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 445
Likes (Received): 0

God, even the Panamanians don't know that.

What do they teach you down there?????
SuperDog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:48 AM   #12
PanaManiac
"Hands of Stone"
 
PanaManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PTY/SFO
Posts: 3,631
Likes (Received): 111

Geography 101

SuperDog - whether he knows it or not - is right in the broadest sense. From a continental standpoint, Panama (and all of Central America) is (the southermost) part of North America. In greater detail however, the countries that comprise the isthmus that seperates the larger land masses of North and South America, form what's known as Central America. Can you grasp the concept?
__________________
HD video #1-> PANAMA - HUB OF THE AMERICAS <-HD video #2
HD video #3-> Panatrópolis! <-HD video #3
Images link #1-> Panama City - Ciudad de Panamá <-Images link #2

Last edited by PanaManiac; September 9th, 2008 at 11:27 AM.
PanaManiac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:52 AM   #13
Chino_waro
Registered User
 
Chino_waro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Panama
Posts: 1,180
Likes (Received): 4

All that is B.S!!! even though Central America is only considerded a Sub-Continent its just seriousy stupid to consider it part of north or south america, in my point of view.
Chino_waro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:57 AM   #14
SOLOMON
North America USA-Canada
 
SOLOMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami/Toronto
Posts: 2,046
Likes (Received): 673

PANAMA
South America...? juas!!!!
SOLOMON no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:57 AM   #15
Wallbanger
Registered User
 
Wallbanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego/Temecula
Posts: 251
Likes (Received): 1

Someone want to tell me what is so great about Panama City's skyline?
Wallbanger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:59 AM   #16
Chino_waro
Registered User
 
Chino_waro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Panama
Posts: 1,180
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger
Someone want to tell me what is so great about Panama City's skyline?
what dont you liek about it?
Chino_waro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 06:00 AM   #17
SuperDog
BANNED
 
SuperDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 445
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino_waro
All that is B.S!!! even though Central America is only considerded a Sub-Continent its just seriousy stupid to consider it part of north or south america, in my point of view.
It does not matter what your point of view is.

The fact is Central america including Panama are part of the North American Continent. Regardless of what you may think. Believe it. Period.

There is no such thing as a sub-continent.
SuperDog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #18
Chino_waro
Registered User
 
Chino_waro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Panama
Posts: 1,180
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDog
It does not matter what your point of view is.

The fact is Central america including Panama are part of the North American Continent. Regardless of what you may think. Believe it. Period.

There is no such thing as a sub-continent.
I Dont have to, I dont care what they think who teh [email protected]#* are they anyways to state that. and yes there is such thing as a subcontinent what did they teach you in school? Look it up in the Dictionary
Subcontinent
Chino_waro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 06:07 AM   #19
SuperDog
BANNED
 
SuperDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 445
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger
Someone want to tell me what is so great about Panama City's skyline?
You know what it is... small countries need something to boost their egos, and to mark their spot on this earth. (think Dubai)

Since this is about Skyscrapers. Panama City has a wonderful skyline (although it is not much of a city compare to others like Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires...those are thriving bustling cities, centers of culture and commerce).

But for a little city of 1 million in the developing world it is grand to have soaring apartment towers that define your skyline.

Great for Panama.
SuperDog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #20
SuperDog
BANNED
 
SuperDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 445
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino_waro
I Dont have to, I dont care what they think who teh [email protected]#* are they anyways to state that. and yes there is such thing as a subcontinent what did they teach you in school? Look it up in the Dictionary
Subcontinent
So much for the quality of education in Panama.
SuperDog no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium