SkyscraperCity Forum banner

EQ1 @ STC

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Jaye101 
#1 ·
This is the pic taken from the Monarch website, it's missing the render for the building and I don't know why. I have the render from the latest condo guide but for some reason I'm having trouble uploading images from my computer onto the website. :(

In the render I counted 35s and extra mechanicle floors which add up to about 36/37s. I wonder if this is part of the "Town centre Court" development which includes STC's tallest 38s and two more towers 34/29s.
And judging by how equinox turned out, I'm not exactly excited by this tower.

See less See more
#3 ·

The base looks bulky but the tower is alright. That first pic doesn't even look like SCC. Is this a twin?

#5 ·
HAHA. What I meant was just that it didn't look like SCC because it looked good! It looks more like LA to me in that pic. The area is definitly growing up.

The twins reference was if EQ1 had another phase like Equinox.

#7 ·
416 said:
HAHA. What I meant was just that it didn't look like SCC because it looked good! It looks more like LA to me in that pic. The area is definitly growing up.

The twins reference was if EQ1 had another phase like Equinox.
Ha! We should stick this in the faces of LA forumers. Wouldn't that be something, having a suburban skyline that's just as good as LA's :bleh: :cheers:

I'm not really sure if EQ1 will have an EQ2, there is a development in STC called "Town centre court" but I'm not sure if its this. If it is then there would be 3 towers (38,34,29). I think the developer would also be Monarch.
And STC still has a lot of growing up to do, across the street from the mall on Brimley is a bunch of old factories that make the area look depressing, but that's just Scarboro. :sleepy:

#8 ·
Skybean said:
Went by SCC this weekend. Looking super dense. The Equinox towers look much much taller than 30ish stories probably because of squat STC. The Ellipse towers also add greatly to the area.

It's kind of weird how Ellipse is actually so far away from Equinox and the main cluster. Equinox has the height but it looks pretty bad, not what I anticipated it to look like.

#9 ·
Yes, I admit from upclose Equinox leaves something to be desired... If only Ellipse swapped places and heights :). From afar.. they just look massive.

Ellipse would make a much more beautiful Sapphire Tower.

#14 ·
Some info on EQ1 At Equinox:

336 units in a 35 storey building
The architect is Graziani & Corazza
$268 psf average

EQ1 is the third building in the five phase Equinox development by Monarch. The development should total about 1,600 units when complete. Equinox 1 was 37 storeys with 340 units while Equinox 2 was 37 storeys and 349 units - these projects were launched in the summer of 2002 and are sold out with occupancies in the summer and early fall this year.

Equinox 1 and 2 are located on a former parking lot on the west side of Albert Campbell Square and the Civic Centre. The last three buildings in the Equinox Development will be located on a parking lot on the east side of Albert Campbell Square. These plans included an expansion of the public square directly north of EQ1.

#19 ·
Too many wealthy NIMBYS -- see the lefty wealthy in the Annex, the Beach, Sackville Ave., etc. These Marxist environmentalists, with their BMWs and SUVs, have a huge hate on for those who cannot afford to live downtown, and thus, strongly oppose developments that may bring new people into their predominantly white enclaves.

#20 ·
Why must you always involve politics into every damn quote you have. Wealthy this, wealthy that, they're out to ruin the world....blah....blah....blah.
Buddy, GET A GRIP!!! We don't have a leftis marxsist revolution going on in this city as much as you seem to be conviced of. The world will not end tomorrow. Don't worry!

#21 ·
Are Be just likes to "forget" that it's the wealthy right-wing constituents that make up the vast majority of NIMBYs. That's why we should stop paying so much attention to Scarborough, and start hating the scumbags of Etobicoke...and the scumbag councilors, and federal and provincial losers they elect.

Hello....Chist Stockwell...Rob Ford. Need I say more?

KGB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.