daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 17th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #21
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

You have got to be kidding me!!! Well paint me poorly and call me the Heritage - I'm shocked!!!
geoff_diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #22
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

Wow- that's quite a turn-around.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 01:14 AM   #23
LA1

Likes (Received): 9

Demolition of sales center is almost finished.
LA1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 01:54 AM   #24
ChicagoLover

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_diamond
You have got to be kidding me!!! Well paint me poorly and call me the Heritage - I'm shocked!!!
Hilarious! Its the equivalent of the paint jobs of drywall in suburban garages. If I were Daley, I'd call up the developer personally and give him the 'what for'.
ChicagoLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 05:59 AM   #25
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Here's a question.

If there are only 36 (or whatever) residences, why do they need a goddamn 4 level garage?

God that's just stupid
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 06:14 AM   #26
spyguy
Expert

If you can afford a full floor residence, you can afford to have multiple cars (joke response).
Old August 21st, 2005, 09:02 AM   #27
Blackbelt Jones
Minty Fresh Flavor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urban Politician
Here's a question.

If there are only 36 (or whatever) residences, why do they need a goddamn 4 level garage?

God that's just stupid
Yeah, that does seem a bit much... I am guessing they will have several floors for the general public?

Well, they have the official "we are going to tear shit down" scaffolding up over the existing structures, so it looks like they are to be rocking and rolling on this puppy soon... Man, four towers are going up in like a 3 block radius... I, for one, am loving it...
Blackbelt Jones no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 05:50 PM   #28
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

I don't know that a four-level garage is really all that large given the building's diminuitive footprint. They may only be packing in 10-15 cars per floor?
Old August 21st, 2005, 07:23 PM   #29
LA1

Yea, 4 towers, plus the 4th Pres tower. There is also those proposals at Delaware and State (2 towers) and Rush and State. 730 N. Rush, and the Elysian Phase 2. Goodbye surface lots.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 04:25 PM   #30
richardsonhomebuyers

Likes (Received): 1

We just did a whole lot of printing of the issued for construction sets of drawings. Looks like this thing is about to really get going.
richardsonhomebuyers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 05:50 PM   #31
spyguy
Expert

And this is one that we thought was a goner, but instead it made a complete U-turn.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:00 PM   #32
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 886

They've started to tear down the old sales center that was located at the site. Things are really moving in that area now.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:55 PM   #33
Chicago3rd

Picture from yesterday:

Chicago3rd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:55 PM   #34
ChicagoLover

I see this as bad news, because this building could soak up demand from those precious few individuals who might buy Fordham Spire condos. Thumbs down!!!
ChicagoLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM   #35
spyguy
Expert

Nah. The people that want to buy into FS from outside of Chicago don't care or even know about 50 E. Chestnut.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM   #36
Chicago3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoLover
I see this as bad news, because this building could soak up demand from those precious few individuals who might buy Fordham Spire condos. Thumbs down!!!

Whenever you fill down and worry about the number of super rich in Chicago...just hop in a car and drive Sheridan up.....through Cook County...up to Lake Cook Road...and even future...and notice all the mansions. Chicago's wealthy community is huge. Lots of new and old money.
Just trying to stay optomistic here.
Chicago3rd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:08 PM   #37
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 886

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoLover
Not really. These people already reserved units in this building way before Fordham Spire was a figment of our imagination. The project has sold maybe 40-50% of its units and construction is ready to begin. Now that Fordham Spire is being marketed, the potential buyers at 50 E. Cheasnut can turn to the spire as an option. This building has been around for more than a year, and potential buyers already know about it.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:30 PM   #38
LA1

The average single family house/row house in Lincoln Park and Gold Coast is now over a million. Chicago can defintely support these other uber luxury buildings. These analysts can be wrong...we aren't Baltimore Maryland (no offense).
Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:07 PM   #39
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

50 East Chestnut is only 32 units if memory serves? If you think 32 people are going to make the difference between FS being built, or not, you're sorely mistaken. Even if Chicago weren't a global city, which it obviously is, 32 people in a metropolitan area of 9 million is hardly even a microbe in the proverbial bucket.
Old August 24th, 2005, 06:33 AM   #40
Chicago Shawn

^Exactley, besides much of the interest in the Fordham Spire units is comming from out-of-town, out-of-state and even out of the country. I have no worries about "if" the Chicago market can support 250 new uber luxury condos, because the Spire is not being marketed to just Chicago, but to the world, and international buyers have already called the sales center looking for more info and some even wanting to put money down now.

Back on topic, Its great to see this project moving forward, and it will stand right up in front of the Connars Park NIMBY group headquarters in the Bristol. Ah, victory is oh so sweet. With this tower, the Elysian, Water Tower Campus dorm, The Clare and 30 West Oak all ging up at the same time, we will have 5 tower cranes swinging around over a four block stretch.
Chicago Shawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote