search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Hrvatski Forum > Arts, Media and Leisure > Fototeka

Fototeka Photo and video threads

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM   #1
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 161

[Gorski kotar] - Photo thread

Gorski kotar region - western Croatia

Gorski kotar is situated in the west part of Croatia. From the north, its border starts at the source of Cabranka river and continues down the Cabranka and Kupa river courses to Zdihovo Bosiljevsko. This line also represents the historical state-political border between Croatia and Slovenia. From the northwest, starting at the Cabranka source and through Prezid, Cabarska Polica, the Obruc west slopes and towards Klana, the border is of historical, geographical and ethnic character.
Ever since the 4th century, there was a Roman defensive barrier (limes) in these parts, featuring towers and fortresses, in order to prevent the raids of the Japod illiric tribe. This barrier represents the division line between the Croatian highland zone and the Slovenian mountain range.
To the southwest, the Gorski kotar border runs over the Obruc slopes over Grobnicko polje, through Kamenjak, Hum, Draževski vrh, and then over Vinodol valley, Pleteno, Luka Krmpotska, Alan and Krivi Put, always at the altitude of 700 meters above sea-level.
The border is clearly marked by the transition from the desert-like coastal areas into the mountain woodlands.
Towards the east, the border passes by the Ogulinsko-plašcanska vallley. It begins at Severin na Kupi and continues to Krpelj, going round Ogulinsko polje to Ogulinski Hreljin, and over the Klek slopes and Modruško zagorje to Modruš.
The southeast border is a transitional area. It encompasses the areas between Rudolf's and Jozefin's roads, and these parts are referred to as Drežnica or Kapela regions. The main characteristic of this area is karst covered in tall woodlands.

Fuzine :

Delnice :

Gerovo :

Lokve (lake) :

Skrad :

Vrbovsko :

Otocac :

Brod Moravice :

Ravna Gora :

Stara Susica :

Bjelolasica :

Sabljaci (lake) :

Mrzle vodice (lake) :

Risnjak :

Ogulin :

Cabar :

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:19 PM   #2
AZ2SI

Likes (Received): 1

Simply beautiful!

Here's an interesting fact: The dialect spoken in the Gorski Kotar area of Ravna Gora is closely related, or even considered by some to be a part of, the Slovenian Rovtarski dialect group. Others now categorize it as one of the Kajkavian (Croatian) dialects, but concede that it has much more in common with Slovene than even they usually do. This is not primarily due to the region's proximity to Slovenia -- the Rovtarski dialect group is not spoken near Croatia. Rather, it is the result of Slovenian settlement many centuries go. The settlers mixed in with the other groups of the region, but their dialect remained.

You can listen to an audio sample of this dialect here.
AZ2SI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:14 AM   #3
Sarajka

Likes (Received): 6

^ Another great post. I love it!
Sarajka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #4
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2SI
Simply beautiful!

Here's an interesting fact: The dialect spoken in the Gorski Kotar area of Ravna Gora is closely related, or even considered by some to be a part of, the Slovenian Rovtarski dialect group. Others now categorize it as one of the Kajkavian (Croatian) dialects, but concede that it has much more in common with Slovene than even they usually do. This is not primarily due to the region's proximity to Slovenia -- the Rovtarski dialect group is not spoken near Croatia. Rather, it is the result of Slovenian settlement many centuries go. The settlers mixed in with the other groups of the region, but their dialect remained.

You can listen to an audio sample of this dialect here.
Very interesting
I did notice the Rovtarski dialect being still spoken, not just in Ravna Gora, though, but in the other places in Gorski kotar as well.

Can you easily understand it ? It gave me a little bit of a headache, but after all i was capable of absorbing the context

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #5
AZ2SI

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubach_hlubach
Very interesting Can you easily understand it ? It gave me a little bit of a headache, but after all i was capable of absorbing the context
I understand most of it. Some words (like "haki," "tranki," and "vavik") are a mystery to me, but most of it is similar to Slovene. With the exception of "vavik," I understand the last three stanzas 100%. My grandmother is from Bela Krajina, which also mixes Slovene with Croatian words and phrases (but in a different way).
AZ2SI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #6
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

very nice, very anthemic... Love this place....

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:00 AM   #9
MountMan
unavailable

Lokvarsko jezero s Risnjakom u pozadini

MountMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:06 AM   #11
MountMan
unavailable

Frankopanski dvorac u Staroj Sušici

MountMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:17 AM   #18