daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2006, 02:57 AM   #941
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3684

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2006, 02:59 AM   #942
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

Old November 21st, 2006, 03:00 AM   #943
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old November 21st, 2006, 04:12 AM   #944
satit28
Rukpong

Likes (Received): 13

gotta love the industrial look.........
satit28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:36 AM   #945
BKKinTO
More than you know

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
U coming back?

Thats great!!
Yes, I am Well, this is my second time this year.
BKKinTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 07:25 AM   #946
Serm

Likes (Received): 0

Suvarnabhumi Airport map (Present and Future)

Current Layout Map
This new airport took over the old airport (Don Meung) that operation starts since September 28th, 2006. This airport has two runways.

Future Layout Map
This second phrase is for concourse (low cow airlines) that will be built within 4 to 6 years later as possible. Also, third runway will be built 3 to 4 years later. In addition, I guess that the main third phrase will be for international concourse in a case if there would be growing traffic and more airlines stop over at the first main concourse. This phrase will be built in the nearly decade years or so on... It will have fourth runways in the future, too...

Serm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:51 AM   #947
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

Wow... so they're going to build a twin for the terminal that's currently there?

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 07:07 PM   #948
jlshyang

Likes (Received): 13

It's a beautiful airport. I should fly in one day.
jlshyang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:35 PM   #949
Hitesh

The map posted above has changed a little. the 2 satellite buildings will no longer form 2 '+' type shapes but instead will be 2 horizontal (east-west) lines. This is to facilitate more efficient aircraft movement.

They are not LCC terminals as suggested. The LCC terminal will be constructed north of concourse A. If there is a need for it, LCC terminal 2 will be constructed north of Concourse G.
Plans for the LCC terminals are just ideas at the moment and not finalised, considering there is a vast unused airport (Don Muang) in northern Bangkok.
Hitesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:37 PM   #950
SYDNEYAHOLIC

Likes (Received): 7

coooooooooetcl airport
SYDNEYAHOLIC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 06:31 PM   #951
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

I'm glad to see that this will be expanded in the future. Does anyone have a picture of the updated future layout?
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:31 AM   #952
kjoey

Likes (Received): 164

HELLO...Anyone know the web address for the new airport?
kjoey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:52 AM   #953
builder1010
Singapore Builder

Likes (Received): 0

Lingering problems dim sparkle of Bangkok's new airport

BANGKOK: Flying into Bangkok's new Suvarnabhumi Airport, there's enough sparkle to ensure the terminal building lives up to its name, which means "golden land" in Thai.

But inside, passengers complain that the magnificent exterior is marred by grimy and inadequate bathrooms, long lines and crowded check-in counters.

"It has gotten dirty already - not only the toilets, but in general - even though it's brand new. It is poor maintenance," said American property manager Brian Hodde, pointing at rubbish on the floor in a restaurant he just left.

"From outside, it is very impressive. But when sitting here, it looks unfinished as you can see bare concrete ceiling and uncovered coils hanging at the top of the restaurant," the 44-year-old said.

The airport authority has said the bare walls are part of the building's modern design, but with construction still going on in parts of the terminal, the confusion is understandable.

And since the airport opened on September 28, complaints have poured in from passengers.

"I was approached by too many taxi drivers stopping me everywhere and asking aggressive questions," said 65-year-old Briton Peter Wood.

"It took me a very long time to walk from the aircraft to the immigration. It is not comfortable," Wood said after arriving from Phnom Penh.

Some of the most glaring problems have already been fixed. Computer glitches with the baggage system have been repaired, and signs in the terminal have been improved after complaints they were too confusing to navigate the long halls.

Airport of Thailand, which operates Suvarnabhumi, says it will spend 40 million baht (one million dollars) to add 200 toilets to address complaints about the restrooms being too few and too dirty.

But less visible problems remain - including cracks in the runways, noise pollution for the surrounding neighbourhoods, and allegations of sexual harassment of flight attendants.

AoT has pledged to spend one billion baht to improve security to address the complaints of flight attendants, who said they were groped and stalked by construction workers at the airport.

Compensation for the noise pollution is expected to cost seven billion baht so nearby residents can soundproof their homes or move away.

"There is a load of problems to be fixed," Air Chief Marshal Chalit Phukphasuk told the Bangkok Post newspaper, estimating it would take six months to address them all.

Deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in a coup less than two weeks before the airport opened, had pushed to open the airport months before experts believed it would be ready.

But travel agents blame poor management rather than hurried construction for many of the problems, saying service at Suvarnabhumi still lags behind regional rivals like Hong Kong and Singapore.

"Speeding up the completion contributed to the havoc, but poor management since the opening is the main reason," said Suparerk Soorangura, Managing Director of NS Travel and Tours.

"The management was aware of the problems for some time but so far they have yet to fix them," Suparerk told AFP.

He noted that Hong Kong experienced far more serious problems with its cargo and gate systems when its new airport opened in 1998.

"Now, Hong Kong airport is perfect. Don't even think about Singapore's airport, which has been long established," he said.

"It will take some time for Thailand to improve our services to compete with those two hubs, even with the world-class facility we have now," said Suparerk, a former president of the Association of Thai Travel Agents.

AOT president Chotisak Asapaviriya told AFP that all the complaints were being taken into account and improvements were underway.

"We're handling over 100,000 passengers and 10 million bags every day, and the new airport is still perfecting its services," said Chotisak. - AFP/so
builder1010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM   #954
Odonto

Suvarnabhumi named new airport of the year

Suvarnabhumi Airport was named the New Airport of the Year in the recent excellence awards staged by the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA), the Sydney-based aviation consultancy group.

The award recognised the impact it has on its market, and its role in the regional aviation development, though not necessarily its efficiency.

"Impressive operating statistics have been reported almost from Day 1, which promises to raise the competitive stakes among Asia's leading hub airports," said CAPA executive chairman Peter Harbison.
Odonto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 08:44 PM   #955
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

It looks like problems should always be expected with new airports. They'll get it all sorted out.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #956
Orienthai
Siam City

Likes (Received): 3

Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport By CNN => http://youtube.com/watch?v=ynTK2JRifio

Suvarnabhumi Airport Design => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN0k4MXwIV8&NR

and Suvarnabhumi Airport Opening => http://youtube.com/watch?v=wlJjYlkTP...elated&search=

THAI Airways

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3bqTMv3Fh...elated&search=
Orienthai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 03:24 AM   #957
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old November 28th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #958
BKKinTO
More than you know

interesting pics Chad , thanks
BKKinTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 03:16 AM   #959
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old November 29th, 2006, 03:19 AM   #960
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Tags
airport, bangkok, south asian hub airport, suvarnabhumi airport, thailand