daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 10th, 2006, 04:03 AM   #1001
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3688

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2006, 04:05 AM   #1002
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

Old December 10th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #1003
KENDO

Likes (Received): 231

KENDO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #1004
KENDO

Old December 10th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #1005
KENDO

Airport shortcomings 'will be fixed'

(TNA) – Five significant problems prevailing at Bangkok's new world leader Suvarnabhumi airport will be resolved urgently, Deputy Transport Minister Sansern Wongcha-um said Sunday.

The five critical problem areas, according to Mr. Sansern, are

- noise pollution caused by aircraft landing and takeoff

- passenger terminal safety system

- slow freight handling and cost reduction

- mass transport for passengers

- improved area management of the airport vicinity where residents are experiencing inconvenience and various difficulties.

The deputy transport minister said the National Housing Authority is cooperating with the Airports of Thailand Pcl to provide additional staff and employee housing near the airport. He indicated that 60 rooms in Lat Krabang area apartments have been located, plus empty land on which more housing can be built.

Problems that need long-term solutions will be handled by the Ministry's permanent secretary in cooperation with the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB), he said, adding that parking lot and logistics centres might be built on the northern and southern tiers of the airport. A feasibility study is expected to be complete in the next two months.

Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok's new international air transport centre, began full commercial service operations on September 28.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/
Old December 11th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #1006
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old December 11th, 2006, 04:25 AM   #1007
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old December 11th, 2006, 04:26 AM   #1008
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old December 11th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #1009
Orienthai
Siam City

Likes (Received): 3

Woww ... nice!
Orienthai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:39 AM   #1010
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18143

AoT 'wants Don Muang reopened'
Budget airlines could use facilities at airport

12 December 2006
Bangkok Post

A study by Airports of Thailand (AoT) favours an immediate reopening of Don Muang airport to serve only non-connecting flights of low-cost airlines, in order to fully use the airport's facilities and save costs for the agency, according to sources familiar with the report.

The study for the AoT management concludes that Don Muang airport could serve point-to-point flights but adds that the return by airlines to the old airport should be voluntary.

Returning could delay the saturation and expansion of Suvarnabhumi airport, it adds.

The scheme could postpone the second-stage development of Suvarnabhumi from next year to 2010 and defer the third-stage expansion plan for seven years from 2008 to 2015. The structural expansion in both stages is expected to cost AoT more than 100 billion baht.

Don Muang now serves only chartered flights. All regular services were transferred to the new airport on Sept 28.

Suvarnabhumi now has two runways and it is already preparing for a third one.

But the study says the re-opening of Don Muang for regular flights could delay the completion of Suvarnabhumi's fourth runway from 2012 to 2018 and put off the saturation of Suvarnabhumi from 2024 to 2037. The postponed saturation will mean less congestion at the new airport, which was built to serve 45 million passengers a year in the first phase.

Don Muang accommodated up to 39 million a year before the operation was moved to Suvarnabhumi.

Facing higher operation costs at Suvarnabhumi, no-frills operators have pushed for the return of their airlines to Don Muang.

But the government's position now is to maintain the single airport for Bangkok. Both parties will hold talks next month.

The study says the use of Don Muang for regular flights will help AoT fully use its existing assets.

Besides, the company will not need to build a separate terminal for low-cost airlines at Suvarnabhumi, estimated at 1.4 billion baht, according to the report.

The use of Don Muang again should let AoT post an annual net profit of 4.8 billion baht between next year and 2020, according to the sources. Its liquidity problem will be minimised and it should have to borrow only 131 billion baht to maintain its cash flow during that period.

If AoT builds the separate terminal for low-cost airlines at Suvarnabhumi, it should have an annual net profit of 3.2 billion baht and need to borrow 188 billion baht to maintain its cash flow during the same period.

The immediate re-use of Don Muang airport will also reduce AoT's work to rehabilitate the old airport when Suvarnabhumi airport is saturated.

Deputy Transport Minister Sansern Wongcha-um said the result of the study would have to undergo careful consideration in order to prevent adverse impacts in the long run.

The Transport Ministry will hire a university to study it, he said, adding that he would pick the option that would maximise public interest.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #1011
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old December 12th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #1012
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old December 13th, 2006, 02:26 AM   #1013
polska2006
www.jb-ta.com

Likes (Received): 0

how many passengers can it handle ?
polska2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 03:04 AM   #1014
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

45 Millions/Year.

Old December 13th, 2006, 03:51 AM   #1015
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18143

At the rate BKK is growing, I think they'll need to expand the airport very soon. They're at around 40 million already / year.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 04:25 AM   #1016
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old December 14th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #1017
KENDO

http://www.hflight.net/forum/b-TGDom...66029933/s-40/

http://www.hflight.net/forum/b-TGDom...66015522/s-80/
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #1018
KENDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #1019
FrancisXavier
long live...

Likes (Received): 4

From Kendo's pics, it's Suwannaphumi... So either spelling is accepted, Suvarnabhumi/Suwannaphumi? Sorry for my ignorance..
FrancisXavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #1020
KENDO

Su-va-na-bhumi

Tags
airport, bangkok, south asian hub airport, suvarnabhumi airport, thailand