daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2005, 03:22 PM   #101
Zoowatch
Serving the Country

Likes (Received): 2

Last edited by Zoowatch; September 9th, 2005 at 03:29 PM.
Zoowatch no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #102
Zoowatch
Serving the Country

Old September 9th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #103
Zoowatch
Serving the Country

more pictures can be found here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...8&page=1&pp=20
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:19 AM   #104
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3688

Drop-dead gorgeous

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:43 AM   #105
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Likes (Received): 4

[That's drool, though I think it looks more like vomit.]

I will most DEFINITELY look into working for Thai Airways or another operation based in Bangkok in a couple years. That is un-freaking believable!!!

Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:21 AM   #106
BKKinTO
More than you know

Likes (Received): 1

THanks for the pics Zoowatch
BKKinTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:48 AM   #107
Pas

nice update zoowatch!
I look forward to the airport's official opening
Pas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #108
Isan
อีสาน 東北府

Thai Airways International prepares for First Two Aircraft Landings at new Suvarnabhumi Airport
14 September 2005

Thai Airways International is preparing for its newest Airbus A340-600 aircraft to fly His Excellency Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra, Thailand's Prime Minister and members of the Thai Cabinet, together with members of the Managing Committee for the Development at Suvarnabhumi Airport, as the first aircraft to land at Suvarnabhumi Airport. In addition, THAI has arranged to utilize one of its Boeing 747-400 aircraft to fly more than 400 guests and members of the press to the new airport.

What will be the first Technical Test Flight to Suvarnabhumi Airport is scheduled to take place 29 September 2005.

In preparation of landing the two aircraft at Suvarnabhumi Airport, THAI has arranged to migrate Ground Handling Equipment, such the Air Conditioning Tractor (ACT), Ground Power Unit (GPU), Air Starter Unit (ASU), etc. from Bangkok International Airport (Don Muang) to Suvarnabhumi Airport for the First Technical Test Flight. In addition, THAI has prepared for its Ground Customer Services staff to test the check-in systems and facilitate all passengers re-boarding for the return flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport. THAI has also prepared technicians and engineering staff as well as aircraft maintenance equipment to support this historical event.

As the 29th September 2005 will mark the first landing of THAI's aircraft at Suvarnabhumi Airport, THAI has designed a special boarding pass and souvenir for all passengers traveling on this special flight.

BEAUTIFUL SIAM
Isan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #109
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Damn, I am in love with this airport. I can't wait to visit it.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2005, 12:44 AM   #110
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18151

Thai Min: New Bangkok Airport To Open Between Jun, Oct'06
14 September 2005

BANGKOK (Dow Jones)--Thai Transport Minister Pongsak Raktapongpaisal said Thursday that Bangkok's new international airport will open for commercial operations in June of next year at the earliest and October at the latest.

The exact timing of the opening will depend on progress in inspections by the International Civil Aviation Organization, Pongsak said on the sidelines of a seminar on business opportunities in the area surrounding the new airport.

All major construction work at the new Suvarnabhumi Airport will be completed and ready for a test run with the first technical flights scheduled for Sept. 29, he said.

"After the first technical flights, it will take several months to check all the systems at the airport to ensure that everything meets the required international standards," Pongsak told reporters.

The government had previously set the opening date for the new airport on Sept. 29. The commercial opening has been pushed back due to delays in construction works. Several operating systems and a surrounding road network also haven't been completed.

Thai Airways International PCL (THAI.TH), the national carrier, said in a statement late Wednesday that it has prepared two aircraft to fly Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, cabinet members, and 400 honored guests on the test flights to land at the new airport on Sept. 29.

Pongsak said the government plans to promote the new airport as a regional hub for air traffic, for both passengers and cargo.

"We have the geographical advantage to become the regional aviation hub. We will try our best to move toward that direction," said Pongsak.

Suvarnabhumi Airport is designed to accommodate up to 45 million passengers per year, 76 flights an hour, and more than 3 million tons of cargo per year.

The new airport, 45 kilometers east of Bangkok, will take over much of the traffic from the city's existing Bangkok International Airport in Don Muang just north of the capital, which has run out of room to expand after several upgrades in the past three decades.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #111
Isan
อีสาน 東北府

Landing test activities cancelled

Ministry blames security concerns

Security concerns have forced the Transport Ministry to cancel all activities planned at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Sept 29, when Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is scheduled to lead a high-profile delegation on the first flight to land at the new airport in Samut Prakan's Bang Phli district. Due to concerns that it may generate unnecessary additional work for authorities responsible for security, Transport Minister Pongsak Raktapongpaisal decided to call off a planned mini-marathon event, which was last month announced as one of the highlights. Mr Thaksin was expected to lead the runners on to the runway after touching down during a landing test. There were concerns that runners may not respect access rules on the site and that the event may cause a mess.

Mr Thaksin is due to arrive at the airport on an Airbus and will then watch from the passenger building a second Boeing plane with members of the press on board touch down. Only the eastern runway will be used, the minister said.

Following the landing test, Suvarnabhumi will remain closed to the public. The airport is expected to be officially opened in the middle of next year, once all systems have been tested and approved by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).

Sept 29 was originally set by the government as the date the airport would open its gates to passengers, but a construction delay forced the administration to change the plan. Mr Pongsak said the airport would demonstrate the CTX 9000 luggage bomb detectors on Sept 29. All of the 26 machines have been installed at the airport. The detectors caused a major furore over allegations of graft due to excessive costs. This led to former transport minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit being replaced by Mr Pongsak in a cabinet reshuffle.

Mr Pongsak pressed airport agency officials for improved measures to prevent further damage at the airport site, where several items had been stolen, including electric cables and wire, steel and cement. He called for urgent action to find those responsible for the thefts.

BEAUTIFUL SIAM
Isan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 01:58 PM   #112
satit28
Rukpong

Likes (Received): 13

damn......it............!!!
satit28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 04:29 AM   #113
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

NO, It have not cancled.

Unreliable news.

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

Old September 25th, 2005, 04:30 AM   #114
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old September 25th, 2005, 04:31 AM   #115
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old September 25th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #116
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old September 25th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #117
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old September 25th, 2005, 04:49 AM   #118
SUNNI

Likes (Received): 31

its huge!
Old September 25th, 2005, 04:59 AM   #119
Bertez

Likes (Received): 6

I'm not too sure if I like it.....but I do know I love it
Bertez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 07:00 AM   #120