daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 28th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #1
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Likes (Received): 7957

4 new commercial buildings for Novo Hamburgo, Brasil!

Yeah, ok. They are no Burj Dubai. But Novo Hamburgo is just the 99th largest brazilian city (with 250k people), so its not a very important city, although its located inside the metro area of a very important brazilian city (Porto Alegre, 1,3 million people).

I think they are nice for the 99th largest city in the country.

CIVIC CENTER

ATLAS EXECUTIVE CENTER

TORRE PRATA (Silver Tower) almost complete

PRIME

Prime will be located on that corner with the white wood wall around
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #2
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Way to boxy and looks like 70s style, especally ATLAS EXECUTIVE CENTER, but thanks for sharing the projects.
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #3
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Likes (Received): 7957

you cant create a spire in a 17 floors building

The problem is that most buildings in Brasil are built by small local companies. Most buildings in my city are built only by companies located in the city, and which build ONLY in the city. Mosmann, Scherrer, Tekne, Riegel and some others.

I guess skyscrapers in other countries are built because there are huge companies with lots of capital to invest in such projects. Less companies, less buildings, but better, taller buildings in the end. That does not happens in Brasil, where each city with 100.000 people will have at least 5 local companies building highrises.
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2005, 01:04 AM   #4
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh
you cant create a spire in a 17 floors building

The problem is that most buildings in Brasil are built by small local companies. Most buildings in my city are built only by companies located in the city, and which build ONLY in the city. Mosmann, Scherrer, Tekne, Riegel and some others.

I guess skyscrapers in other countries are built because there are huge companies with lots of capital to invest in such projects. Less companies, less buildings, but better, taller buildings in the end. That does not happens in Brasil, where each city with 100.000 people will have at least 5 local companies building highrises.
They can create a spire in a 17 floor building, though its not very common! But buildings don't need to have a spire to not look boxy. But i understand the situation, its not only in Brazil you have that problem.
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:35 AM   #5
noize
NON FVCKOR FVCKO

Likes (Received): 353

Beautiful buildings! The Prime is awesome.
noize no está en línea   Reply With Quote