search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Vietnam Forum > Discussion Forums > Infrastructure

Infrastructure bridges, superhighways, tunnels and railway

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 1st, 2005, 05:32 PM   #1
LacLongQuan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Vietnam Infrastructure Projects

Please post news articles and updates on various infrastructure projects that is currently under construction, has been approved or proposed.
LacLongQuan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2005, 05:46 PM   #2
LacLongQuan
BANNED

Another expressway to be built in the north

The construction of Cau Gie-Ninh Binh expressway connecting national highway 1A in Ha Tay province near Hanoi to national highway 10 in northern Ninh Binh province will begin in September.

General Director of the Vietnam Expressway Investment and Development Company (VEC) Tran Xuan Sanh said the 56 km expressway will be built with an investment capital of US$ 337.5 million.

The expressway will have four lanes in the first phase and six lanes in the second phase.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major thermo-electric power plants planned in Can Tho

VNECONOMY updated: 01/06/2005

Four thermal electric power plants with a total capacity of 2,640 MW will be built at a total cost of about 1,960 billion VND (roughly 130.6 million USD) in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho, according to the Electricity Construction No. 2 (Electricity of Viet Nam).

The project aims to utilise gas supplies from southwestern gas deposits, helping meet power demands in the 2005-2015 period.

The four plants will be built on more than 162 hectares of land in Hoc Mon precinct, 18 km northwest from Can Tho City's centre.

Electricity of Viet Nam will also invest about 1,867 billion VND (more than 124.46 million USD) in building high-voltage electricity transmission lines and a 500-kV transformer station in Can Tho city from now until 2007, said the managing board of southern electricity power projects.

Construction of two 500-kV transmission lines linking Cai Lay - O Mon, and O Mon-Ca Mau and a transmission line stretching from Thot Not to Chau Doc is scheduled to complete this year to supply power to the southwestern regions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One project is set to be built and another "planned". Damn it does tell you well how the central government in the north prioritise their government spending eh?

Some money goes to the projects in the North, the rest goes to their own pockets.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:23 AM   #3
Pelerin_au_tonkin
Hanoi Vo Dich

Likes (Received): 0

First tramway in Vietnam likely to be built in central city

Central Danang city is expecting to become the first site in Vietnam to build a tramway system to cope with traffic congestion, a problem plaguing urban centers in Vietnam. The city government has been considering the project which is likely to start in 2007, said Bui Van Ga, rector of Danang Polytechnic University.

The city is looking to low-cost and environmental-friendly public transport as traffic congestion is envisioned to haunt the city in the next 10 years as is the case now HCMC and Hanoi, Mr. Ga said. Besides, such a tramway linking the city center with suburban areas will help manufacturers in industrial parks as they can attract a great number of workers from the city downtown. The initial investment for a tramway system is affordable as a kilometer of tram generally costs only a tenth of the investment for a kilometer of underground subway line.

Under the project, electric trams would travel 20 kilometers from the city downtown to the outlying district of Nam O in the north. Each kilometer of tram under the project is estimated to cost some US$1 million. But, the project’s investment capital can be reduced as the current railway would be re-used for trams as Danang Railway Station is to be relocated away from the city centre. More importantly, electric trams will give off no exhaust emissions like other public transport means such as buses
Pelerin_au_tonkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:24 AM   #4
Pelerin_au_tonkin
Hanoi Vo Dich

Private airlines yet to prove feasible

As many as six applications to establish private airlines have been lodged with the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV), Saigon Air being the most recent. Nguyen Tien Sam, Deputy Minister of Transport and CAAV Director General, said that the civil air services are technically open to any provider meeting regulations. CAAV is proposing that the Government found several more airlines, he said. Singapore has four air carriers, Thailand has 10, while the Philippines have nine; so given Vietnam’s market and population, five or six would be operable.

Nevertheless, Mr Sam stressed that mandatory requirements must be met for provision of airline services. Hence, five applications have already been rejected after proving unfeasible. The Prime Minister has approved one application, but it currently has no investor interest. Mr Sam revealed that CAAV received the Saigon Air Service Joint Stock Company (Saigon Air) application in January. Once founded, the company will have chartered capital of VND300bil. Saigon Air plans to operate both local and international flights. In the first phase of operation, it will focus on goods transportation and passenger flights on demand instead of offering routine flights. While looking good on paper, the plan has not been enacted since its lodging five months ago, as the founders cannot prove their financial capability.

Meanwhile, head of the Saigon Air Committee for Establishment Campaigning Doan Van Quang emphasised that the committee should be able to mobilise capital once the project is approved. Mr Quang also said that Saigon Air could be operational just one year after its founding date. Mr Quang was behind a purchase bid for Pacific Airlines when it was on the verge of bankruptcy last year. His proposal was not accepted. Meanwhile, experts have urged the Government to apply suitable policies, paving the way for private aviation services. Privatisation of aviation will require action, not just idle talk, they said.

Vietnam Economic Times - June 01, 2005.
Pelerin_au_tonkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #5
LacLongQuan
BANNED

Vietnam plans SE Asia's biggest thermoelectric plant

Vietnam will build a coal-fueled power plant with a capacity of 2,400 megawatts, the biggest of its kind in Southeast Asia, in the near future, a local newspaper said Friday.
The future four-turbine plant, expected to be built in central Phu Yen province, will help ensure power supply in the country's southern region which is predicted to face electricity shortage in the next few years, the Vietnam Industrial Times reported.

A subsidiary of the country's biggest power producer and sole distributor, Electricity of Vietnam (EVN), will work with the provincial authorities this month to discuss construction issues, the report said.

Power up

EVN has recently tried to produce and import more electricity to deal with current power shortages in the country's northern region as prolonged droughts have resulted in ailing operations of hydroelectric plants.

For now, EVN is to enjoy several preferential policies so that it can accelerate the construction of power plants and distribution networks as well as the purchase of electricity from China.

In the long term, Vietnam will encourage the use of electricity-saving light bulbs and other electric equipment, diversify power-generating sources instead of relying on hydroelectricity and thermal power and open up the local electricity production and distribution market for all economic sectors.

The country's first atomic power plant is expected to become operational before 2020.

Combined capacity of all power plants in Vietnam will increase to 22,500 mw in 2010 from the current 11,360 mw, EVN said, noting that of the 22,500 mw, 39.5 per cent would come from gas and oil-fueled power plants, 38.3 per cent from hydroelectricity, 17.5 per cent from coal-run plants and the rest from other sources.

After 2010, the proportion of hydroelectricity will decrease gradually.

(Source: Xinhua news - Compiled by The Vinh)
Old June 5th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #6
versalvin
Got Phở ?

Hai Van tunnel to open to traffic soon

VNECONOMY updated: 03/06/2005

The Hai Van tunnel, the longest highway tunnel in Southeast Asia, will open to traffic on June 5 after more than 1,700 days of construction.

The 12.2km long tunnel begins at Lang Co in Phu Loc district of central Thua Thien-Hue province and ends at Lien Chieu industrial zone in Da Nang city. Its main tunnel system has two lanes with a combined width of 7.5m and a length of 6.28km. It will allow vehicles to run at a speed of 80 km per hour.

The tunnel is equipped with a video camera system, three 153m static electricity ducts for removing dust, a 1.8km long ventilation system, a vehicle counter system, a fire alarm system and other essential equipment.

Nguyen Ngoc Canh, Director of the Hai Van tunnel project, said the total cost for the construction of the four-year project is 150 million USD, 100 million USD less than the initial estimate.

He said that once completed, the tunnel will help vehicles shorten the time to pass from Lang Co to Lien Chieu to just only one-tenth of the time taken previously, and save at least 1,000 billion VND (roughly 63.3 million USD) in fuel consumption per year.
versalvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2005, 04:27 AM   #7
versalvin
Got Phở ?

Hai Van Tunnel has been opened.

Sáng 5/6, tại trấn Lăng Cô (Thừa Thiên - Huế), Bộ Giao thông vận tải, Ban Quản lư dự án 85 đă làm lễ thông xe và khánh thành hầm đường bộ Hải Vân sau gần 5 năm thi công. Tham dự lễ khánh thành có Thủ tướng Chính phủ Phan Văn Khải; Thường trực Ban Bí thư T.Ư Đảng Phan Diễn; Bộ trưởng Bộ Giao thông vận tải Đào Đ́nh B́nh; ông Norio Hattori - Đại sứ đặc mệnh toàn quyền Nhật Bản tại Việt Nam cùng đại diện các bộ, ngành T.Ư, lănh đạo Thừa Thiên - Huế và TP Đà Nẵng cùng đông đảo nhân dân.

Phát biểu tại buổi lễ thông xe, Thủ tướng Phan Văn Khải nhận định: "Đây là một công tŕnh có ư nghĩa lịch sử đối với đất nước ta, là công tŕnh hợp ḷng dân ư Đảng, một công tŕnh mơ ước ngàn năm nay mới làm được". C̣n Đại sứ đặc mệnh toàn quyền Nhật Bản tại Việt Nam ông Norio Hattori cho rằng, hầm Hải Vân là biểu tượng mới trong quan hệ hai nước Nhật Bản - Việt Nam. Công tŕnh hoàn thành làm thỏa ḷng mong đợi từ bao đời nay của nhân dân cả nước nhằm cải thiện điều kiện giao thông qua lại trên đoạn đường đèo hiểm trở Hải Vân, nơi thường xuyên xảy ra ách tắc và tai nạn giao thông. Giảm đoạn đường qua đèo từ 22 km xuống c̣n khoảng 10 km bằng tuyến đường hầm an toàn, hiệu quả và thuận lợi.

Nói về hiệu quả của đường hầm Hải Vân trong việc phát triển kinh tế - xă hội, Thủ tướng Phan Văn Khải nhấn mạnh: "Mở đường hầm là tạo điều kiện thuận lợi cho phát triển kinh tế xă hội của cả nước, nhưng trực tiếp là của miền Trung. Mở đường hầm là điểm đầu và điểm cuối của con đường hành lang Đông - Tây, là con đường mà các nước ASEAN và các nước vùng sông Mê Kông coi đây là một trong những dự án quan trọng". Thủ tướng cũng yêu cầu tỉnh Thừa Thiên - Huế và TP Đà Nẵng phải làm tiếp những công tŕnh ở phía Bắc và phía Nam để tận dụng thành quả mà hầm Hải Vân mang lại. Theo đó, phía Bắc vùng Lăng Cô phải xây dựng khu du lịch để thu hút khách; phía Nam xây dựng cảng để thu hút tàu bè nước ngoài vào và xuất cảng hàng hóa của miền Trung cũng như hàng hóa từ Lào và Đông Bắc Thái Lan ra các nước...

Đại sứ Nhật Bản - ông Norio Hattori tại lễ khánh thành - (ảnh: Reuters)

Tại buổi lễ khánh thành, Thủ tướng Phan Văn Khải cũng đă nhắc nhở Bộ Giao thông vận tải, các đơn vị quản lư hầm Hải Vân phải tăng cường công tác quản lư, tránh t́nh trạng như cầu Bính vừa làm xong đă mất hàng ngàn bu lông, sắt thép làm cho người góp vốn cũng nản ḷng và người quyết định làm công tŕnh cũng không được vui. Khi xảy ra t́nh trạng trên phải trừng trị thích đáng người vi phạm, phải thải ra khỏi bộ máy những người kém không quản lư được công tŕnh.

Hầm Hải Vân được Thủ tướng Chính phủ ra quyết định đầu tư bằng nguồn vốn ODA của Chính phủ Nhật Bản và vốn đối ứng của Chính phủ Việt Nam. Đây là hầm đường bộ lớn nhất được xây dựng ở Việt Nam và là một trong 30 hầm lớn và hiện đại nhất của thế giới với hệ thống đường hầm hoàn chỉnh có tổng chiều dài 15,1 km. Hầm Hải Vân được trang bị và lắp đặt các hệ thống thiết bị điện, thông gió... đạt chuẩn của Nhật Bản, Phần Lan với tính năng tự động hóa cao. Tổng vốn đầu tư xây dựng hầm Hải Vân hơn 127,9 triệu USD. Theo kỹ sư Nguyễn Thanh Trà - Phó giám đốc Ban Quản lư dự án hầm Hải Vân, trong tuần đầu tiên kể từ ngày 6/6, các loại xe được lưu thông qua hầm trong thời gian từ 6h đến 18h, sau đó sẽ được lưu thông 24/24 giờ. Cũng theo kỹ sư Nguyễn Thanh Trà, đến nay vẫn chưa ban hành mức thu phí khi lưu thông qua hầm Hải Vân.
Old June 6th, 2005, 05:37 AM   #8
proX
dont [email protected] me like u no me

Đưa vào sử dụng hầm đường bộ Hải Vân

Đà Nẵng - Sáng 5-6 tại cửa hầm phía bắc đèo Hải Vân (thôn Hói Thượng, thị trấn Lăng Cô, huyện Phú Lộc, tỉnh Thừa Thiên - Huế ), Bộ Giao thông vận tải đă tổ chức lễ thông xe hầm đường bộ qua đèo Hải Vân - một trong 30 hầm đường bộ lớn và hiện đại nhất thế giới. Thủ tướng Phan Văn Khải đă có mặt tại buổi lễ đáng ghi nhớ này.

[IMG]http://************/5ob0h3[/IMG]<<<<<Cầu vượt nối thị trấn Lăng Cô vào cửa hầm
Phát biểu tại lễ thông xe, Thủ tướng Phan Văn Khải nhấn mạnh: “Ngoài việc góp phần thúc đẩy kinh tế - xă hội của các tỉnh miền Trung phát triển, hầm đường bộ qua đèo Hải Vân c̣n là một biểu tượng đẹp của t́nh hữu nghị giữa hai nước Việt - Nhật”.

[IMG]http://************/5ob0ig[/IMG]<<<<<Cửa phía bắc hầm Hải Vân
Theo thiết kế, hệ thống hầm đường bộ Hải Vân có tổng chiều dài 12km bao gồm cả cầu, đường dẫn vào hầm và hầm. Riêng phần đường hầm chính dài 6,2km, rộng 11,9m, cao 7,5m, tĩnh không thông xe 4,95m. Đường hầm được thiết kế hai làn xe, mỗi làn rộng 3,75m. Tổng vốn đầu tư cho toàn bộ công tŕnh này là 151 triệu USD, thấp hơn so với tổng kinh phí dự kiến ban đầu.

Ngay sau lễ khánh thành, hầm đường bộ Hải Vân đă mở cửa cho các loại xe đủ điều kiện qua hầm từ 6g-18g hằng ngày. Bắt đầu từ ngày 13-6 hầm Hải Vân mới mở cửa 24/24g. Việc bán vé qua hầm cũng sẽ thực hiện sau đúng một tháng kể từ ngày khánh thành 5-6. Nhân dịp này, thay mặt Đảng, Nhà nước, Thủ tướng Chính phủ Phan Văn Khải đă trao tặng Huân chương Độc lập hạng ba cho tập thể BQL dự án 85 (Bộ GTVT).

source: TTO
proX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #9
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus

Likes (Received): 106

Hi forum,well my last exams are finished yesterday,the final exams of highschool (last month was the final exam of grade 12 only) and I'm very happy to see a busy Viet forum

Here's the TSN's new terminal rendering,i took them today,rainy and breezy

I truly apologise for the distance,but the construction site is all fenced and the security guys didn't allow me to take pictures from its only entrance...no miracles when they all heard about skyscrapercity.com for the first time...I'll try to be more convicing

The old terminal:

Stay tuned

oh,I saw 'post ur pic' thread is closed,so how could I say thanks to Raffles?

Last edited by Saigoneseguy; June 9th, 2005 at 06:35 PM.
Saigoneseguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #10
coolink
fearless

Likes (Received): 5440

wish ya all the best on the exams
that Tansonnhat....I think there are a few roof top restaurants and bars.....maybe you could go up there and take photo from above?
I miss this place very much......it's very close to home....the second time I'm back....I walked home from the airport instead of calling my family or take the taxi. that area changed so much each time ya back.
coolink no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #11
versalvin
Got Phở ?

The new terminal is right next to the old one right?

Probably because i left Saigon so long ago..but i dont remember there is a lot of empty lands near the one terminal. Are there are lot demolitions to local residental areas or there simply a lot of empty lands around the site?
Old June 9th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #12
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus

Quote:
Probably because i left Saigon so long ago..but i dont remember there is a lot of empty lands near the one terminal. Are there are lot demolitions to local residental areas or there simply a lot of empty lands around the site?
Big landfill... that's the old tarmac i think.
Old June 10th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #13
KhanhNhat

saigon_monsooner:you have finished your final examination,me too.may be english text is very easy for you .hehe
KhanhNhat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #14
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus

Since I study in a bilingual French class,so it was the French test,not English It was a piece of cake anyway,me and my friends took only 10-15 minutes to finish...haha...i think they made foreign language tests quite easy to ensure a high graduation rate,burn!
Old June 29th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #15
tq
i'm a hanoian

Likes (Received): 176

New Dalat to Nha Trang motorway
A new motorway linking the tourist hotspots of Dalat and Nha Trang is due to open in December.

The new route will reduce the current 240km stretch by some 100km. Mr. Nguyen Van Dam, director of the 515 Construction Company said that the route is 80 per cent complete, and would be officially inaugurated in April 2006.

source: Thanh Nien News
tq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 09:50 PM   #16
KnightRiderBMW
Raised in "the OC"

Is it true that TSN airport will become a domestic only airport and they are planning to build a better international airport somewhere else near HCMC?

I liked the design of Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi, it was very clean and nice. The current TSN airport is not a pretty looking airport to be honest. I hope that changes soon.
KnightRiderBMW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 10:39 PM   #17
tq
i'm a hanoian

The "San Bay Tan Son Nhat" will remain as an international airport. The new terminal is still under construction which will be completed at the end of 2006.

The other int´l airport will be located at Dong Nai (60-100 km far away from HCMC), namely "Long Thanh International Airport". The airport should able to receive 70-100 mio. pp annually.
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:49 PM   #18
tq
i'm a hanoian

France to fund upgrade of Hanoi-Lao Cai railway

The General Department of Treasury and Economic Policies under the French Ministry of Economy has agreed in principle to grant between 20-30 million EUR to upgrade the Hanoi-Lao Cai railway.

The sum, channeled from the Fund for Developing Countries (RPE), will be spent on purchasing French equipment and services.

Vietnam's railway sector has designed a project to improve the service quality of the Hanoi-Lao Cai railway. The project, which will upgrade the Yen Vien-Lao Cai portion, is estimated to cost US$87 million. The money will be mobilised from the Asian Development Bank and Vietnam's counterpart capital.

The project is expected to begin in 2007 and be completed in 2010

Hanoi-Lao Cai is Vietnam's busiest rail route, serving between 20 and 22 trains per day. However, the century-old route has been seriously degraded with many crumbling bridges.

As a result, the limiting speed on several sections is between 10 and 15km per hour.

source: vovnews
Old October 15th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #19
tq
i'm a hanoian

Strong growth means more airports

Vietnam has an ambitious plan to develop new airports and upgrade existing airports to meet the strong growth of the civil aviation market in the future.

Under a draft plan for air transport to 2015 and looking toward 2025, between now and 2015, Vietnam will make heavy investment in developing a system of 18 domestic airports and six international airports. The cost of achieving the plan, which has been drawn up by the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV), is estimated at VND 115 trillion (about US $7.2 billion).

The draft is an updated version of the plan approved by the Government in 1997, which has become obsolete due to the fast development of the aviation market, changes in the investment capacity and the demand for global economic integration of Vietnam.

Vu Pham Nguyen Tung, deputy director of the CAAV's airport management department, says the draft is based on four main ideas. The airport system must be in line with the geographical conditions and different regions of Vietnam, especially major economic centres. It must also fit in with planning for other transport networks (waterways, road and railway) and include the possibility of combined operations of the different means of transport for airport efficiency.

The third idea is that development must be carried out in phases in proportion to the investment capital needed, the needs of or for individual airports and the efficiency of the whole system. The planned system must also be able to meet the demand of developing commercial and non-aviation services so as to increase the earnings from these services to 50% of the revenue generated at airports. In particular, any monopoly of services at airports must be controlled so that businesses from all economic sectors can join in.

To keep the draft in tune with these ideas, the administration has referred to two market-based factors, namely forecasts for the aviation market, and the investment plans of domestic air carriers. In terms of the market, it forecasts that Vietnam's aviation market will grow 12-14% a year between now and 2010, 9-11% in 2010-2015 and 10-12% in 2015-2020. In terms of investment plans of air carriers, it has looked mainly at the aircraft development scheme of Vietnam Airlines and the development trends of international air carriers with operations to Vietnam.

The draft has tried to lay out how investment can meet the market demand, and guarantee modern, safe technologies and good ground services. "We are also thinking of the participation of other carriers in the market, such as private airlines," Tung says.

Upgrading

Tan Son Nhat international airport.

Under the draft, Vietnam will have 24 commercial airports by 2015, with six international airports (Noi Bai, Cat Bi, Tan Son Nhat, Long Thanh, Danang and Chu Lai) and 18 domestic airports (Dien Bien, Na San, Gia Lam, Vinh, Phu Bai, Dong Hoi, Phu Cat, Tuy Hoa, Cam Ranh, Pleiku, Buon Ma Thuot, Lien Khuong, Vung Tau, Can Tho, Rach Gia, Ca Mau, Phu Quoc and Con Dao) (see map on cover). At present, some airports are being upgraded or built, namely Na San, Dong Hoi and Can Tho.

The CAAV expected to start work on Long Thanh International Airport after 2015, but the Government has urged it to begin earlier because, by 2012, Tan Son Nhat International Airport is forecast to be overburdened in terms of its handling capacity as well as traffic in its neighboring areas.
In its first phase, the new airport will accommodate 25 million passengers a year. At present, its detailed development plan is being considered. The airport is to be developed in four phases with an investment capital of US $3 billion for the first phase. Upon completion, it will be able to handle 100 million passengers a year.

In the next period of 2015-2025, two new domestic airports will be built, namely Quang Ninh in Quang Ninh province and Lao Cai in Lao Cai province. Quang Ninh will have to handle large aircraft like the A320; Lao Cai is for light aircraft like the Fokker. The total investment capital for this period is estimated at VND 70 trillion.

Tung says the airport planning is based on the principle of "Hub and spoke," taking in Vietnam's geography as a long country. Three pairs of international airports will be located in the three regions of the country and within the three focal economic zones of the regions. Domestic airports are planned within a reasonable distance around these pairs of international airports.

Under this plan, airports are expected to achieve efficient operations, and each international airport will have a standby airport should there be any emergency. Domestic airports will serve as transit points for passengers to travel to other localities, and promote the development of domestic air operations, commercial and support services, intra-regional travel and tourism. In addition, in case of necessity, some airports will be converted into international facilities to serve the travel demand, tourism and commerce, such as the Cam Ranh, Phu Bai and Lien Khuong.

Tung says the State will cover investment capital to develop the infrastructure of the airports (runways, taxi ways, aircraft parking) by mobilising funds from the national budget, government bonds, development assistance credits and official development aid. Airport authorities will seek capital for other facilities and services like terminals and ground service facilities, which may be sourced from their own funds, commercial credits and other sources. However, investment plans will be based on the development needs of each region and each airport.

By the CAAV's calculation, if this plan is developed successfully and the market grows as expected, Vietnam's aviation market could surpass that of the Philippines to rank fifth in ASEAN after 2020, with a size estimated at 84 million passengers per year. According to international aviation organisations, Vietnam's aviation market has a growth rate nearly double the average rate of the world and the Asia-Pacific region.

by nhandan.com.vn
Old October 15th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #20
versalvin
Got Phở ?

What is the status of the new terminal of Tan Son Nhat Airport? does anyone know?