daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 10th, 2017, 09:47 PM   #381
Joseph85
Registered User
 
Joseph85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 16,868
Likes (Received): 6119

Highway of the Tucuman City

CIR4 DIr6QbnW0AA9ZH3 by Adrian Strukov, en Flickr

CIR5 DIrzOA4W4AMIgMV by Adrian Strukov, en Flickr

CIR6 DIrzODKWsAAve8B by Adrian Strukov, en Flickr

CIR7 DIrzOA5XUAA4kz4 by Adrian Strukov, en Flickr

CIR2 DIr6QbpXUAcFFIo by Adrian Strukov, en Flickr

CIR3 DIr6Qd5XUAEnGvN by Adrian Strukov, en Flickr

__________________
Tucumán. Proyectos y Construcciones: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2010
Joseph85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2017, 12:24 PM   #382
8166UY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 732
Likes (Received): 294

That looks all unexpectedly poor. If someone said to me that I was looking at Uganda, it would have believed him. Do I have wrong expectations for Argentina (after seeing pictures of Patagonia and Buenos Aires) or is it an exceptionally poor region?
8166UY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 02:35 AM   #383
Bonaerense24
Juanma
 
Bonaerense24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 6,209
Likes (Received): 17880

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8166UY View Post
That looks all unexpectedly poor. If someone said to me that I was looking at Uganda, it would have believed him. Do I have wrong expectations for Argentina (after seeing pictures of Patagonia and Buenos Aires) or is it an exceptionally poor region?
It is a very poor part of one of our poorest provinces, but if you think you wont find poverty in Buenos Aires or Patagonia you are beeing naive. You can find areas like those all over latinamerica, the difference is usually in %. I would say yes, you have wrong expectations.
__________________
Cono Sur

JuaanAcosta liked this post
Bonaerense24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 04:09 AM   #384
Salvatierra
Arcologista
 
Salvatierra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Silver City/Silver Sea
Posts: 936
Likes (Received): 3315

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8166UY View Post
That looks all unexpectedly poor. If someone said to me that I was looking at Uganda, it would have believed him. Do I have wrong expectations for Argentina (after seeing pictures of Patagonia and Buenos Aires) or is it an exceptionally poor region?
Well from the eyes of a dutch every country with a per capita income bellow something like U$ 25.000 most look incredibly poor, i think you need some perspective kid, for better or worse, there aren't much countries out there better than yours economically speaking, add aesthetics, architecture an urban planning to the mixture and third world countries start looking like hell...

Man, somethimes i feel bad because i think we don't get much attention on the international forums, but if this is what we are going to get, well, i would rather preffer not having any attention at all...


Some Pics of the ongoing upgrade of the RN 8, outside Pergamino, Buenos Aires prov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramer View Post
__________________
''La experiencia es la impávida asesina de los sueños, de las utopías y del noble pensador''

''El dinero no mueve el mundo, de eso se encargan el trabajo y la energía, es física básica''

''La ingeniería no da pasos en la oscuridad, la ingeniería baila en la oscuridad''
Salvatierra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:06 AM   #385
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatierra View Post
Well from the eyes of a dutch every country with a per capita income bellow something like U$ 25.000 most look incredibly poor, i think you need some perspective kid, for better or worse, there aren't much countries out there better than yours economically speaking, add aesthetics, architecture an urban planning to the mixture and third world countries start looking like hell...

Man, somethimes i feel bad because i think we don't get much attention on the international forums, but if this is what we are going to get, well, i would rather preffer not having any attention at all...
But it's a bit unusual, since Argentina was one of the world's richest countries for many years and certainly on a par with NL, well ahead of Spain or Germany or Austria, even up to say, 1960, which is probably still "in the head" of many foreigners. It's just that Argentina seems to be consistently governed by a line of idiots intent on screwing up its economy, at which they've proved highly successful.
__________________
100 coups de fouet, si vous n'êtes pas morts de rire !
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #386
verreme
Registered User
 
verreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,392
Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
But it's a bit unusual, since Argentina was one of the world's richest countries for many years and certainly on a par with NL, well ahead of Spain or Germany or Austria, even up to say, 1960, which is probably still "in the head" of many foreigners. It's just that Argentina seems to be consistently governed by a line of idiots intent on screwing up its economy, at which they've proved highly successful.
Argentina is not a poor country. However, it's a very unequal one. In Argentina, as well as in many other Latin American countries, there are very rich people and very, very poor people. And it has been like that since the Spanish disembarked in America and started shaping a society divided between conquerors and conquered. Argentina has a Gini of 42.7, which makes it the 123rd most equal country in the world; however, it's the 62nd richest country. Its neighbour Chile has an even more unequal distribution of wealth with a Gini of 50.5 (160th) an a GDP per capita higher than Argentina (55th). So saying that a South American country is rich or poor by looking at a picture is pointless.

And unlike Nigeria or Senegal, you can't really say that the wealthy are a lucky few. There are many Argentinian people that have a standard of living similar to that in Europe. However, the high inequality means that there are also a lot of poor people.
__________________

ChrisZwolle, Cluney liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:04 PM   #387
8166UY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 732
Likes (Received): 294

I do understand that the Netherlands is an exception. But still in countries I've been to like Ukraine there weren't many town that consisted out of shacks. And indeed, I do know that the wealth of the Argentina population isn't all that bad (globally, and leaving the state debt aside). Was mostly surprised that on that pictures it is that uniformly poor, which I usually only see from outskirts from cities in Brazil, Columbia, African or some south Asian countries.
8166UY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 01:49 AM   #388
Nikkodemo
¡¡Pueblaball!!
 
Nikkodemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Villahermosa - Puebla - Xalapa---> MÉXICO
Posts: 75,203
Likes (Received): 87680




RP 23, Patagonia, Argentina
by Jochen Hertweck, en Flickr
__________________
¡¡Villahermosa ha despertado!!
Ixna | Ankor | Capitolio | Usuma | Villa Brisa | Tabasco Diamante | Novalta | Cencali

Instagram: nikkodemo_
¡¡¡11 Años en SkyscraperCity!!!

Ices77, DJaCoNdA liked this post
Nikkodemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium