daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #161
snowland
BANNED

Likes (Received): 9

Cordoba - Santa Fe highway (Autovía 19)

On building. They're making it available gradually.

snowland no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #162
snowland
BANNED

Ruta Nacional 14 - Corrientes/Entre Ríos provinces

Duplication

Last edited by snowland; November 11th, 2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #163
snowland
BANNED

Córdoba province

Villa María, Córdoba: connection with ruta 158

General pics

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:12 AM   #164
snowland
BANNED

San Luis province

Old November 11th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #165
snowland
BANNED

Mendoza province

New updates

New lanes

Old November 11th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #166
MrAkumana

Likes (Received): 100

Please, please, please let's try to not post just excessive photos without information because it's something that kills the thread and something from what this thread seems to suffer frequently... let's put a balanced mix of news and photos as on any other thread!

And trying to do what I preach, these are the motorway news since my last post (I will update the map a few weeks from now):

____NEW OPENINGS SINCE LAST POST: ____

- AUTOVIA RN14 ZARATE (outer Buenos Aires metro area)-PASO DE LOS LIBRES (Brazil border) ----------> (dual carriage express way upgrade of the existing road): already on service from Zarate to Concepcion del Uruguay (211 Km). Works continue and are very advanced on the remaining section.

- AUTOVIA RN 19 SANTA FE - SAN FRANCISCO ----------> (dual carriage express way upgrade of the existing road): 115 km (out of 140) already on service. Pending section are basically around Santa fe entrance and around San Francisco entrance. Moreover now it seems to be political will to execute the motorway upgrade of the San Francisco - Cordoba section too and it might be tendered on 2012.

_____NEW MOTORWAYS TENDERED OR UNDER CONSTRUCTION: ___

- AUTOVIA RN 8 PILAR (outer Buenos Aires metro area) - PERGAMINO -------->( 174 Km long dual carriage express way upgrade of the existing road): already tendered.

- AUTOVIA RN 7 LUJAN (outer Buenos Aires metro area) - SAN ANDRES DE GILES -------->
(37 km long dual carriage express way upgrade of the existing road): works begun on June 2011.

-AUTOVIA RN 18 CONCORDIA (Uruguay border)- PARANA----------> (270 km long dual carriage express way upgrade of the existing road): Contracts signed on March 2011. Work in progress.

- AUTOVIA RN3 COMODORO RIVADAVIA - CALETA OLIVIA-----------> (77 km long dual carriage express way upgrade of the existing road): This incredible southern expressway on a remote but somewhat populated area of Patagonia is actually under heavy construction! They are even doing a couple of completely new sections (instead of upgrades from the existing road) in order to avoid some sharp turns areas. The short Rada Tilly -Comodoro Rivadavia (10 km) section is already on service since 2007. Works for the remaining 68 km should be completed by 2013.

-

One good thing on all works it's that even when they don't have all crossing grade separated, there seems to be always an increasing number of them. All significant intersections are grade separated on all dual carriageways upgrades opened or under construction.

In regards to urban and semi urban motorways they are working on:

- RN9 : 2x2 upgrade on the San Salvador de Jujuy - Yala section (15 km)

- RN16: 2x2 upgrade on the Resistencia - Corrientes section (20 km)

- Autopista Peron : 90 km new motorway to serve as outer ring /by pass for Buenos Aires metro area (it will continue the Buen Ayre Motorway up to La Plata city passing though the less urban areas in ring like style)

In regards to upgrades of existing motorways:

There are serious talks for a 3x3 upgrade to the existing Buenos Aires-Rosario motorway (nowdays 222 km are 2x2 and 80 km from 3x3 to 6x6)
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #167
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19388

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAkumana View Post

Please, please, please let's try to not post just excessive photos without information because it's something that kills the thread and something from what this thread seems to suffer frequently... let's put a balanced mix of news and photos as on any other thread!
Yep, like the Brazil thread. Some people see an internet forum like this as a showoff section with lots of photos of their country, however, it is mainly a discussion forum, where photos illustrate developments or discussions. Or may induce discussion.

It would be nice if new autovía / autopista openings were posted here. And other developments of course.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #168
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19388

Are Argentinian autovías always completely grade-separated? What makes them different from Autopistas? Tolls?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #169
MrAkumana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It would be nice if new autovía / autopista openings were posted here. And other developments of course.
I will do my best to try to keep updated this thread with at least the new openings and new tenders. It's something I've been trying over the last couple of years, but not hard enough...

Quote:
Are Argentinean autovías always completely grade-separated? What makes them different from Autopistas? Tolls?
People and press in Argentina usually call any dual carriageway "autopista" or "autovia" randomly. However if you check government papers, they are correctly divided and classified as on any other country:

Autopista (motorway) -----> They are as the standard meaning of the word implies: completely grade separated, newly built as option to an existing road, few entrances and exits, gas stations inside the motorway course etc.
The are several on the Buenos Aires metro area but just the following interurban ones :
- Buenos Aires - Rosario
- Rosario - Santa Fe
- Rosario - Cordoba
They all have some toll sections and some free sections.

Autovia (dual carriageway) ------> most of them are basically upgrades of existing highways. They just build a second highway right next to the existing one in order to separate inbound and outbound traffic. That's why they are known in Argentina also as as "duplications". The way to deal with the crossings is analyzed and decided on a case-by-case basis. If the traffic justifies it and the money is available they make grade separation. If there's not enough traffic or there are spending limitations they don't, and you can have anything from a roundabout to a red light or an exit on the left side....
Just like I said, lately it seems they are building a huge amount of grade separations on each autovia.
Autovias might have some toll sections or might be completely free. Most of them have at least a couple of tolls on its main course.
Old November 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #170
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Yep, like the Brazil thread. Some people see an internet forum like this as a showoff section with lots of photos of their country, however, it is mainly a discussion forum, where photos illustrate developments or discussions. Or may induce discussion.

You're a moderator, of course, but speaking only for myself I'm more interested in photos than technical discussion (my interest in roads is mainly geographical - I don't know anything or care about the chemical composition of paving materials, say). As long as there's some indication of where they are.

EDITED TO ADD: I actually happened on SSC looking for pix of the Périphérique.

Just my two cents.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

Last edited by Penn's Woods; November 11th, 2011 at 04:59 PM.
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #171
MrAkumana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
I don't know anything or care about the chemical composition of paving materials, say). As long as there's some indication of where they are.
But that is in fact one of the main problems with random excessive photos being posted. Take the later posts by Snowland. They at least give some information about location (contrary to what happened on the previous pages of the thread), but yet still the information is way too vague. i.e. San Luis province is a wide area. It has over 800 km of motorways. It would be much more useful to have info on what exactly each picture represents and which motorway it belongs to, and if there are road works photos, then to comment what they are building...

Just the way it works on all the other threads.

Otherwise is more or less the same as to go to google and write "argentinean motorways" on the images section, or check the Argentinean skycrapercity sub-forums for a non-spanish speaker and just see the pics.

I really don't want to offend anyone, specially the ones who surely post photos with the best intentions and good willing. But my humble opinion is that an exaggerate amount of pics without information not only deviates completely from the purpose of an Skycrapercity forum but it also saturates the screen and ram memory of the people navigating and finally bore them, thus accomplishing the exact opposite reaction to what the original poster surely wanted.
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #172
snowland
BANNED

Ok, I'll try to put more information and not to saturate the page... But, please, let's keep this thread alive.
Old November 12th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #173
snowland
BANNED

Rosario - Cordoba

After 40 years since it was promissed, finally we got the so expected Autopista Rosario - Cordoba, in the last year.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Hope you guys are liking the infrastructure.

Last edited by snowland; November 12th, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old November 12th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #174
snowland
BANNED

Buenos Aires Capital City

Autopista General Paz

image hosted on flickr

Autopista Buenos Aires - La Plata

image hosted on flickr
Old November 12th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #175
MrAkumana

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowland View Post
[CENTER][FONT="Century Gothic"]Rosario - Cordoba

After 40 years since it was promissed, finally we got the Ruta Nacional 9 turning to the so expected Autopista Rosario - Cordoba, in the last year.
That information is wrong. RN 9 is still RN 9 and it's still the very same 1x1 highway it always has been.

2x2 Rosario-Cordoba motorway was built from zero and runs some km parallel to RN 9 but avoiding the cities and towns RN 9 goes thorough. You can check that even on Google maps... (although more than 1 year after the full opening it still figures as incomplete on google maps).

Some pages ago I made a brief about the opening and you can see the course it follows:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=133
Old November 12th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #176
snowland
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAkumana View Post
That information is wrong. RN 9 is still RN 9 and it's still the very same 1x1 highway it always has been.

2x2 Rosario-Cordoba motorway was built from zero and runs some km parallel to RN 9 but avoiding the cities and towns RN 9 goes thorough. You can check that even on Google maps... (although more than 1 year after the full opening it still figures as incomplete on google maps).

Some pages ago I made a brief about the opening and you can see the course it follows:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=133
I actually figured out it was the ex RN 9 in the Argentine forum. But I've never been there. Sorry.
Old November 12th, 2011, 01:37 AM   #177
MrAkumana

Interesting video that shows the construction of the 2x2 Autovia (dual carriage express way) upgrade of RN 3 on the remote are of south Patagonia.

From Comodoro Rivadavia to Caleta Olivia:

Last edited by MrAkumana; November 12th, 2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: city name fixed
MrAkumana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #178
Nima-Farid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Nice freeways
Nima-Farid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #179
JuanCA.-
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Beautiful the highway National route 9 and Santa fé- San Francisco
JuanCA.- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 03:29 AM   #180
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17487

Why Argentina are changing the american signs to europe signs ??
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote