daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #181
DGM

Likes (Received): 570

Here is a rendering that dave8721 found of Villa Magna, a two tower, 57 floor development in the Brickell area. In the rendering you can see the recently completed Jade on the left side and the city's current tallest tower, the four seasons hotel, in the background. Villa Magna is number 116 on the Miami DDA map at the top of the last page for those of you that are curious.

DGM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #182
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 906

god, the area is getting very dense! I wouldn't buy an apartment facing another wall of apartments. nice design though.
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:29 AM   #183
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Likes (Received): 6295

Oh my what a great thread!

Miami is my favorite US city to visit, and with all the great new projects it's getting better day by day

If I ever leave my beloved Denmark - you know where to find me!
Old March 1st, 2006, 11:46 PM   #184
dave8721

Likes (Received): 6388

Not much action in this thread for the last couple of weeks so here is a rendering of Max Tower, a 30-story office/hotel building:

dave8721 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #185
DGM

Likes (Received): 570

Here are a couple renderings of the "Miami Wall", mostly under construction, that Borninthegrove found. They are in the following order from right to left: Marquis, Ten Museum Park, 900 Biscayne, Marina Blue, Paramount Park, 600 Biscayne.

DGM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 05:02 AM   #186
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

Miami is sooo bad ass. I love the go attitude they've got down there. Congrats on all the wonderful new projects, you really have come a long way, and it is looking great.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #187
quefueuno
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Hey Mad Hatter let me ask you a question something that i havent figured out is Ten Museum Park are they going to tear down that Gas Station and Pawn Shop that is next to them...and i wanted to know because i hate the area behind Marquis,Ten Musuem Ect.. are they planning anything if you konw let me know.......
quefueuno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #188
quefueuno
BANNED

Hey Mad Hatter let me ask you a question something that i havent figured out is Ten Museum Park are they going to tear down that Gas Station and Pawn Shop that is next to them...and i wanted to know because i hate the area behind Marquis,Ten Musuem Ect.. are they planning anything if you konw let me know.......
Old March 16th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #189
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1376

I was in Miami last summer and you know I can say that's really booming city indeed but with all these new projects the city will rise with a new power. Max Tower is just perfect and amaizing stuff

Last edited by Skyman; March 17th, 2006 at 02:38 AM.
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #190
The Mad Hatter!!
P.E.C.K CREW

Likes (Received): 631

Quote:
Originally Posted by quefueuno
the gas station next to ten museum is the property which all of us miami forummers are dying to see get developed,the main problem with it is its small size restricting the size of the building...this property will probably be the most expensive in the city of miami in 5years.nothing has been proposed...and there are no rumors or info on this site.

the area behind the biscayne wall,will not be to bad the current problem with that area is the zoning...which is industrial but the city has slowing been changing zoning in the area they're will be a few highrises and lowrises built in that area soon...but dont expect the parking lots to go away anything soon due to the fact that theres really no parking left in the cbd.
"Architects are pretty much high-class whores. We can turn down projects the way they can turn down some clients, but we've both got to say yes to someone if we want to stay in business"Philip Johnson

Boycott the La forum-Worse forum in SSC
The Mad Hatter!! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #191
dave8721

One good sign about the area behind the Biscayne Wall is that over the last year big time developers have started buying up the property there. Royal Palm (developers of Paramount Park) and Leviev Boymelgreen (Marquis & 1101 Brickell) now own a good chunk of the block along NE 2nd Ave.
The only project that has been anounced so far along the block west of Biscayne is Marquis West (111 NE 11th ST) which is just behind Marquis. Its to be 42-stories and 423 feet and it goes before the City commission for approval on March 23rd. Its the only property west of Biscayne thats going to have any kind of view though as its next to the freeway so it has nothing blocking the view to the north and will have a bay view to the North East (until the Herald buiding gets replaced).
Old March 17th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #192
dave8721

Here's a rendering of 1490 Biscayne (next door to the Chelsea on one side and the new PAC on the other). Two towers 657 feet and 619 feet tall:

Old March 18th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #193
quefueuno
BANNED

hey just wondering is that on the same side of biscayne boulevard as Marquis and all the other buildings or is it on the other side because there still is two ugly buildings there and they havent tor anything down yet.....another thing does any one know when Paramount Park or 600 Biscayne will start sales because there clear to start construction...... another thing ive noticed that they have been digging behind the freedom tower does anyone know for what?
Old March 20th, 2006, 03:52 AM   #194
archifreese

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by quefueuno
hey just wondering is that on the same side of biscayne boulevard as Marquis and all the other buildings or is it on the other side because there still is two ugly buildings there and they havent tor anything down yet.....another thing does any one know when Paramount Park or 600 Biscayne will start sales because there clear to start construction...... another thing ive noticed that they have been digging behind the freedom tower does anyone know for what?
it turns out that they are on the same side as the rest of the biscayne wall (marquis, etc.) heres an in context image of them courtesy of south florida dave:

and i had asked the same question about freedom tower !! this is the answer courtesy of chuckscrapermiami#1 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by archifreese
sorry guys i guess i forgot the most important of joining the wall ...
question then - has paramount park already been approved? and since freedom towers not approved then does anyone know what they are doing in the parking lot behind it becuase theyve dug a big hole there and i had thought it was because they were going to do preliminary soil studies etc.

Quote:
No problem ARCH , Paramount Park condo tower was approved by the City of Miami for 68 floors at 756 feet, only problem is the developer does projects in phases. Like starts one tower first, then others begin later. Paramount Bay condo tower has begun with the foundation clearing and is already starting as of March 1st. Paramount Beach condo tower in Sunny Isles Beach will begin later this summer, and I believe after those three huge Billboards with Leases due up are removed off the Paramount Park site, 700 Biscayne Blvd . they will eventually start the Paramount Park Approved Tower soon after.
P.S. ,Everyone And for the hole dug lately behind the Freedom Tower, that's the Septic tank erupted , LOL. Go Cranes !!!
archifreese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 02:31 AM   #195
jai_gandhi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Miami is booming.
jai_gandhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 05:11 PM   #196
dave8721

Quote:
it turns out that they are on the same side as the rest of the biscayne wall (marquis, etc.) heres an in context image of them courtesy of south florida dave:

and i had asked the same question about freedom tower !! this is the answer courtesy of chuckscrapermiami#1 :

Quote:
sorry guys i guess i forgot the most important of joining the wall ...
question then - has paramount park already been approved? and since freedom towers not approved then does anyone know what they are doing in the parking lot behind it becuase theyve dug a big hole there and i had thought it was because they were going to do preliminary soil studies etc.
That 756 foot height was still up in the air with the FAA though. Last I heard (from a Miami Herald article a couple of weeks ago) the FAA was saying no and the city was negotiating with the FAA to increase the limit in the area to allow the height (along with EWT...etc). Paramount was saying that they wanted to start last year but couldn't as they are being held up by the FAA (and are losing millions in the process).
Old March 23rd, 2006, 01:29 AM   #197
Miami as in Perfect
I know right . . . !

Likes (Received): 91

well Paramount is still pretty much a go from the last thing i heard over on the Miami thingy.
-Question-
Chuck mentioned somewhere that the 1101 site went for clearing and preparations in March, well, here it is, March. anything yet?
Miami as in Perfect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 04:17 PM   #198
dave8721

Rendering of 1080 Brickell (491 feet) and the two "Avenue" towers (495 & 400 feet). Avenue is U/C and 1080 is a new proposed extension to a small office buiding next door. By the way, thats the 1101 Brickell site accross the street (East) and the Flatiron site accross the street on the other side (West).

Old March 27th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #199
quefueuno
BANNED

Does anyone know if there are thinking about removing the Colonial Bank building its so ugly with that garage....and its all rentals so i think some one might be interested........does any one know about Fortune office building that they have any renderings..........and 1101 Brickell when are they going to remove the garage?
Old March 27th, 2006, 06:51 AM   #200
jamesinclair

Likes (Received): 83

Is there a thread dedicated to following progress on the MIC?
jamesinclair no está en línea   Reply With Quote