daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #221
iambic peremeter

Likes (Received): 0

I'm wonder why there was no plan for constructing metro system, back in the commie area, as was in other east states. Onlt one line is not enough today I see that. YES THERE WHERE PLANS!!!! In early 50th the soviets asked our goverment what they prefer:to build the Palace Kultury skyskraper or 5 metro lines. Quest what they choosed
iambic peremeter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #222
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Likes (Received): 2564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip7370 View Post
But still it's not enought. It's important that there isn't a straight connection from airports nad railway stations to the national stadium...
First of all rail line from Okęcie is still planned to be opened before Euro 2012. In this case it's not difficult to open direct line from Okęcie station to Stadium station during match days. Regional trains can also have a stop on Warszawa Centralna station (instead of Śródmieście station) during match days.
Petr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #223
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
When I'm looking how huge is Warsaw, I'm wonder why there was no plan for constructing metro system, back in the commie area, as was in other east states.
Good question. On the oder hand 3 communist cities in Europe outside USSR, where subway was built, were capitals dominating over entire countries, while in Warsaw lived 4% of Polish population. Moreover Bucharest, Prague and Budapest wasn't destroyed during the war. Most of the Polish efforts were put into reconstruction of the city.
Quote:
Onlt one line is not enough today I see that.
Fortunately it will change in 5 years. In 20 years we will have network adequate to size of the city.

Last edited by Petr; February 18th, 2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #224
karejeeta
tommy569

Any renderign of the W-Z tramway after the renovation same with the one runign to the national staduim??
karejeeta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #225
Filip7370
Modern transit...

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr View Post
First of all rail line from Okęcie is still planned to be opened before Euro 2012. In this case it's not difficult to open direct line from Okęcie station to Stadium station during match days. Regional trains can also have a stop on Warszawa Centralna station (instead of Śródmieście station) during match days.
Remember that the Warsaw Stadium trains stop is only a train stop, so it can't be used by three trains at the same time.
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #226
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news_v...4b9a5a3db.html
Quote:
PESA preferred bidder for Warszawa tram contract
Drawing of PESA 120N tram design for Warszawa.

23 Mar 2009

POLAND: After Tramwaje Warszawskie opened bids for 186 low-floor articulated trams on March 19, PESA emerged as preferred bidder with a price of 1·5bn złoty.

Offers were also submitted by Stadler (3·7bn złoty), Alstom (2·8bn złoty) and a consortium of Newag and AnsaldoBreda (€417m), but all three exceeded the tender budget of 1·8bn złoty. Siemens and Bombardier declined to bid.

The new 120N PESA trams will be similar to 15 type 120N trams already in service in Warszawa. The end design has been modified and at 30·1 m long the vehicle will be 1·7 m shorter than the 31·8 m earlier model. The driver's cab has been upgraded and the internal arrangements modified so that all five sections have 1+1 seating. There will be 40 seats, and a total capacity of 201 passengers. The vehicles will be unidirectional with doors on one side.

Deliveries will start in late 2010, with 84 trams due to be delivered by the end of 2011, a further 36 by the end of 2012 and completion by the end of 2013. A warranty of 36 months is included in the contract.

The 186 low-floor trams will eventually replace 372 PCC type cars, including 13N trams dating back to the 1960s, and 105N series vehicles built from 1973.

Old April 5th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #227
Darhet
Warsaw patriot

Likes (Received): 1187

The Trams will be supplied by Polish company PESA. The trams will be similar to the new PESA ones currently used in the city.

Darhet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #228
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

The PESA trams look very sleek and modern, I especially like the red and yellow colouring and the large doors. Warsaw needs these modern trams to complement the sleek looking metro and to show that is a city which is moving forward very fast
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #229
karejeeta
tommy569

There seems to be a protest by AnsaldoBreda and Newag about the 186 new trams.

186 tramwajów dla stolicy już się spóźnia
Kmaj 10-04-2009, ostatnia aktualizacja 10-04-2009 22:27

Wynik przetargu na supertramwaje dla stolicy został oprotestowany. Oddala się więc podpisanie umowy z bydgoską PESĄ wartej 1,5 mld zł.

Prezes Tramwajów Warszawskich Krzysztof Karos nie zasiądzie w spokoju do wielkanocnego stołu. Nici z podpisania tuż po świętach jednego z największych kontraktów tramwajowych w Europie.

W piątek wpłynął protest jednego z pokonanych przez polską PESĘ koncernów.– To zła wiadomość, ale nie jest dla nas zaskoczeniem. Spodziewaliśmy się ostrej walki producentów – mówi „ŻW” Krzysztof Karos.

Według niepotwierdzonych informacji protest wniosło włosko-polskie konsorcjum AnsaldoBreda i Newag, które złożyło ofertą wartą ok. 1,8 mld zł. Inni producenci mają czas na składanie zastrzeżeń do godz. 24 w sobotę. Uaktywnić może się więc jeszcze francuski Alstom-Konstal (2,9 mld) i szwajcarsko-niemiecki Stadler (3,7 mld zł).

Protest rozpatrzą Tramwaje Warszawskie. Jeśli odrzucą zażalenie, firma procestująca może się zwrócić do Krajowej Izby Odwoławczej i do sądu.Pierwsze tramwaje miały przyjechać do stolicy w drugiej połowie 2010 roku.

Życie Warszawy
Old April 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #230
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

Likes (Received): 525

Quote:
My photos from the opening day:
image hosted on flickr
They couldn't decide which to put or wtf??????
Old April 14th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #231
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid 87 View Post
They couldn't decide which to put or wtf??????
It's been made on purpose... and it looks great with the grey 'environment'!

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM   #232
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

http://www.railwaymarket.eu/6988/Pol...%2Btenders.htm
Quote:
A protest has been raised over the result of a tender for delivery of 186 trams for Warsaw. It postpones signing the PLN 1.5 billion worth contract between Tramwaje Warszawskie (Warsaw Trams) and PESA Bydgoszcz.

According to unoffical data, the protest has been raised by the consortium of Italian AnsaldoBreda and Polish Newag.
(source: Railway Market - CEE Review, 14 April 2009)
Now we know, that Alstom, Not Ansaldo, has protested.
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #233
Biesiada
Fanklub Warsaw Spire 220m

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomesh View Post
I think the new Russian trains are absolutely fine, and they were cheap (i assume ) so its all good.
they stink of garlic
Biesiada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #234
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

http://www.railwaymarket.eu/6999/Pol...2Bprotests.htm
Quote:
Category: Business
Added: 2009-04-15 14:54:45
Poland: Trams for Warsaw - Alstom protests
The consortium of Alstom Konstal and Alstom Transport raised a protest against Pesa's victory in a tender for delivery of 186 trams for Poland's capital.

Alstom questioned Pesa's offer as inconsistent with the Specification of Essential Terms of a Contract (SIWZ). The Alstom consortium explained, that Tramwaje Warszawskie (Warsaw Trams) did not correct obvious literary mistakes in its offer and rejected it.

At the same time the customer chose Pesa, which had a bid consisting serious and unremovable mistakes and was inconsistent with SIWZ.

Pesa declared to provide 186 trams to Warsaw for PLN 1.5 billion. Alstom-Konstal's offer was nearly two times more expensive and amounted PLN 2.9 billion.

(1 PLN = 0.233827 EUR)
(source: Railway Market - CEE Review, 15 April 2009)
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #235
Biesiada
Fanklub Warsaw Spire 220m

Likes (Received): 6

these wagons were also speaking some computer voice russian. i9 burst into loughter after 15 seconds after i first got on that shit
Biesiada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #236
JoKo65

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
New Russian trains in service.

[…]
Are you sure they are new? In St. Petersburg the old modernised cars look like these.
Old April 16th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #237
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biesiada View Post
they stink of garlic
LOL.

Old April 16th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #238
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

What does is matter what the new Russian trains smell like?
As long as they work and run on time it doesn't matter. I'm sure that many Varsovians are just pleased that they have a fully functioning metro network
(albiet an extremely small one). I'm sure an air freshner would get rid of the reported garlic smell. At least Warsaw's sleek metro trains are better looking than the ones on the Moscow metro.
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #239
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoKo65 View Post
Are you sure they are new? In St. Petersburg the old modernised cars look like these.
The new Warsaw trains are made by Vagonmash in Saint Petersburg, and IIRC they were deliberately designed to be similar to Warsaw's existing Russian trains, because the metro management wanted to avoid having to run three entirely different rolling stock types.
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #240
karejeeta
tommy569

Any renders of what Pesa is goign to delviver to Warsaw when the offiicaly sign the contract?

Tags
warsaw