daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #101
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 786

What about the second line?
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2008, 02:00 AM   #102
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Likes (Received): 2564

They wanna organize next tender for the contractor, because proposed prices have been too large. Term of the opening of the central stretch of the line most probably will be postponed for 2 or 3 years after euro2012.
Petr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 02:12 AM   #103
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

[IMG]

Wawrzyszew

Old July 21st, 2008, 03:02 AM   #104
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr View Post

They wanna organize next tender for the contractor, because proposed prices have been too large. Term of the opening of the central stretch of the line most probably will be postponed for 2 or 3 years after euro2012.
So your national stadium is not going to have metro station for Euro 2012.
Old July 21st, 2008, 06:53 AM   #105
exclusiv
changes.

Likes (Received): 22

no, but it is already well connected with the rest of the city, there will be a train and bus station near plus tram and city bus lines also. It is not going to be a problem!
exclusiv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:37 AM   #106
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
So your national stadium is not going to have metro station for Euro 2012.
It's not a problem, since we have many different means of public transport around the stadium. City is planing to buy 150-180 new trams, a few hundred new buses and upgrade (renovation of the stations, new trains, higher frequency) so-called diametrical train route which already has station "Stadium". Here are the beginnings (with some characteristics and photos) of the new communal service on that route which will be upgraded for the euro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...94&postcount=4
Page of the Warsaw Fast City Train http://www.skm.warszawa.pl/
its wikipedia site in English http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szybka_...ejska_(Warsaw))
Already with the same ticket you can use communal and regional trains which together have 7 min frequency. Line goes through the main train station, the city center, the second important city station with planned bus hub and crosses the first subway line (in fact its station is in the middle between the main train station and the subway station).

s2 on the plan

Second subway line is necessary in longer period, but unnecessary for the euro2012. Thats why they want to organize the new tender, to give contractors more time, to reduce risk of delays (most probably line wouldn't be finish for the euro anyway) and in result costs calculated by them.

Last edited by Petr; July 21st, 2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:29 AM   #107
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

how about timetables for metro? how often do they run during day and rush hour?
and same question about trams...

and, how did they organize night lines in city? how often do they run?
DJZG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:51 AM   #108
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
how about timetables for metro? how often do they run during day and rush hour?
and, how did they organize night lines in city? how often do they run?
Timetable for the subway http://www.metro.waw.pl/page.php?id=...d11e63feddc357. During Friday and and Saturday nights it runs every 15 minutes between 0:15 am and 2:30 am
Quote:
and same question about trams...
On the most busy route in the rush hours trams run constantly every 1-2 minutes. After the renovation the route achieved the highest possible capacity for the surface tram routes: over 11 k passengers/h. In next 2-3 years next 2 routes in the city center will be upgraded to this standard. Now they serve 7-9 k passengers/h in the busy hours. In the rest of the day trams run every 3-4 minutes. After 8 pm every 7-8 minutes. Of course lines split outside the center.
We don't have night trams, but without traffic jams buses are very efficient mean of transport. They run every 30 minutes in the central districts, and every hour in the far suburbs. We have main night bus hub near the central rail train station.

Last edited by Petr; July 22nd, 2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old July 31st, 2008, 04:22 PM   #109
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Quote:
Warsaw Metro just decided to buy new 5 trains from the St.Petersburg Vagonmash. It will be last trains for the fist metro line which will be completed in 2008. So finally we will have 20 Russian and 18 Alstom trains to serve this line.
- appearance of the new Russian trains:

Quote:

- it's official: they canceled first tender and they're planning to organize second. An official date of the opening of the central stretch of the second line is postponed for 2013 from now.

- 2 new stations (Stare Bielany and Wawrzyszew) are proceeding through technical tests, they will be waiting finished for the opening of the last station Młociny till September or October.

Old July 31st, 2008, 06:35 PM   #110
Junkie
Supervisor

This new Russian type trains do not look so different from older ones.
Old July 31st, 2008, 07:16 PM   #111
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

They choose it for purpose of not introducing third type of the trains on one line, because Alstom trains turned out to be more fallible and more expensive in exploitation, then it was written in their technical specifications.
I personally like Russian trains, they look stylish and remind me older types of trains in cities like Stockholm and Berlin. Nevertheless I'm looking impatiently for a completely new model of train for the second line.

Last edited by Petr; July 31st, 2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:56 PM   #112
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
This new Russian type trains do not look so different from older ones.
yep, they suck actually

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:45 PM   #113
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:

They choose it for purpose of not introducing third type of the trains on one line, because Alstom trains turned out to be more fallible and more expensive in exploitation, then it was written in their technical specifications.
I personally like Russian trains, they look stylish and remind me older types of trains in cities like Stockholm and Berlin. Nevertheless I'm looking impatiently for a completely new model of train for the second line.
Well I will tell You, I was riding in Budapest, same russian style trains and they were simply amazing. I mean they dont move to much from side to side and they were very stable. When I entered German ones in Wien, they were not stable and were moving too much from side to side. Russian trains are very good designed but only exterior should get changed by my opinion.
Old August 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM   #114
Filip7370
Modern transit...

Likes (Received): 5

I think, that Russians stoped in prehistoric with design-style. I can't ind out why they made a good looking front, and attach it to completly old rest of the body.
Filip7370 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #115
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

The municipal company Tramwaje Warszawskie supported by the city authorities is planning to buy 186 low floor 30 m trams. Announcement of a tender is planned for August the 22nd, they want to sign a contract by the end of this year, trams will be delivered in years 2010-2012. They will serve existing routes as well as a new route planned on the northern outskirts of the city.
Probable competitors:
- Alstom Konstal
- PESA
- Bombardier
- Solaris

Last edited by Petr; August 6th, 2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #116
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

A few weeks ago Warsaw's president signed contract with Solaris for a delivery of 80 18m long (articulated) and 70 12m long buses. All buses will arrive to Warsaw this year.

Some pics of the production:
http://www.przegubowiec.com/galeria/...h&search=SBC08

Old August 7th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #117
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Good news guys!
The metro stations at Stare Bielany and Wawrzyszew are due to open next month (August 08) so Warsaw Metro will have 20 stations as opposed to the current 18. The metro is finally creeping towards the city's northernmost suburbs. As I understand it, they are just running technical tests on the newly built part of Line 1 from Slodowiec to Wawrzyrszew and doing test runs with the trains. So until November 08 when Mlociny opens trains will be able to turn back at Wawrzyszew (that's a hard metro station name to spell correctly! - it's a good job that I'm half-Polish on my mother's side and have a GCSE in Polish) Let's hope Muranów and Plac Konstytucji metro stations are opened by the start of next year as planned as they will give even better access to Warsaw's central suburbs
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #118
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Good news guys!
The metro stations at Stare Bielany and Wawrzyszew are due to open next month (August 08) so Warsaw Metro will have 20 stations as opposed to the current 18. The metro is finally creeping towards the city's northernmost suburbs. As I understand it, they are just running technical tests on the newly built part of Line 1 from Slodowiec to Wawrzyrszew and doing test runs with the trains. So until November 08 when Mlociny opens trains will be able to turn back at Wawrzyszew (that's a hard metro station name to spell correctly! - it's a good job that I'm half-Polish on my mother's side and have a GCSE in Polish) Let's hope Muranów and Plac Konstytucji are opened by the start of next year as planned as they will give even better access to Warsaw's central suburbs
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #119
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Nope, they're taking into consideration opening of the two finished stations for the shuttle service in September, what IMO is stupid, since incorporation of the entire stretch, consisting of 3 stations, to normal service is planned for October. Passengers who would like to transfer from trains coming from the city center, would have to go up to the surface and go back to the platforms due to the construction of the stations (side platforms).
On the other hand I would like to look at the new stations as fast as possible.

Last edited by Petr; August 8th, 2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old August 12th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #120
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

New stations waiting for the opening for passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Parę fot z budowy

Stacja 'Stare Bielany', w zasadzie gotowa, czeka na odbiory:

Pawilon stacji metra 'Wawrzyszew' wraz z kominami huty w tle:

Z bliska:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skora_Bie(L)any View Post
Pare fotek z tego co się dzieje na Bielanach:
Węzeł komunikacyjny Młociny
Pętla autobusowa:

Parking P&R wchodzący w skład węzła Młociny:

Ostatnie przetarcia i już niedługo będzie można jechać. Stacja metra Wawrzyszew:

Last edited by Petr; August 12th, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

Tags
warsaw