daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:22 PM   #1401
chauffeur
Karyna Królów

Likes (Received): 10267

Or "turbo-kibel" (turbo-lavatory).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrej_LJ View Post
In Slovenia this train is known as Gomulka. Is it the same in Poland?
Only those ex-Slovenian units, now running in Poland, like this one:
http://www.garnek.pl/gryzaki/28561933/en57aks-223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluminat View Post
Was comrade Gomułka popular is Slovenia ?
Just like Honecker with his two-stroke "revenge".

Last edited by chauffeur; March 2nd, 2016 at 08:32 PM.
chauffeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:10 PM   #1402
tunnel owl

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
IIRC the Gomulka trains ran in the Rijeka area, whereas Ganz train-series from Hungary (named Madjar) operated in Zagreb-area of fomrer yugoslawian times. The nickname was chosen to differ between them.

Last edited by tunnel owl; March 2nd, 2016 at 09:23 PM.
tunnel owl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:25 PM   #1403
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

After the third phase of Line 2 will be completed from Bródno ↔ Górce by about 2022, I hope that Line 3 from Dworzec Zachodni ↔ Stadion Narodowy will be built next, before further extensions to lines 1 or 2.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:57 AM   #1404
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

Quote:
Not really, just that in ex-Yugoslavia trains often got the names of the current leaders of countries they were made in. For example we have locomotive Kennedy, a EMU Gorbachov and this Gomulka.
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 05:56 PM   #1405
WB2010

Likes (Received): 1789

Today it's exactly one year since the inauguration of the first 7 stations of M2. So far almost 35 million passengers have used it and the daily ridership on weekdays exceeds 110 thousand people (many more than previously expected).

Station Nowy Świat-Uniwersytet which people in Warsaw - according to a plebiscite - like most among the new stations of M2.

Dworzec Wileński - the most frequently used station of M2.
Bo jest różnica, czy "falandyzuje" prawo i zawłaszcza instytucje państwa gang, któremu chodzi tylko o ustawienie siebie i rodzin, obżeranie się ośmiorniczkami, a w perspektywie najbardziej upragnionej o przesiadkę na unijną synekurę - czy Sanacja, która ma swoją wizję Polski i chce uczynić z niej państwo silne, realizujące polskie interesy (tak, jak je Sanacja potrafi dostrzec i zrozumieć), a nie rozgrodzone pastwisko kolonizowane i łupione przez każdego, kto ma ochotę. Rafał Ziemkiewicz
WB2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:41 PM   #1406
WB2010

Contract for the construction of the north-eastern extension of M2 will be signed tomorrow !

It's now official: contract for the construction of the north-eastern extension of M2 will be signed tomorrow ! The 3,12-km of tunnels and 3 new stations ("Szwedzka", "Targówek" and "Trocka") will be built by Astaldi S.p.A., one of the companies that constructed the central part of M2. The value of the contract: 1.066.740.000 zlotys (today it's 246.530.000 euros). All new stations will be built using the cut-and-cover method and tunnels using boring machines. The contractor will have 38 months to complete the construction works so the new extension should by operational by mid-2019.

Bo jest różnica, czy "falandyzuje" prawo i zawłaszcza instytucje państwa gang, któremu chodzi tylko o ustawienie siebie i rodzin, obżeranie się ośmiorniczkami, a w perspektywie najbardziej upragnionej o przesiadkę na unijną synekurę - czy Sanacja, która ma swoją wizję Polski i chce uczynić z niej państwo silne, realizujące polskie interesy (tak, jak je Sanacja potrafi dostrzec i zrozumieć), a nie rozgrodzone pastwisko kolonizowane i łupione przez każdego, kto ma ochotę. Rafał Ziemkiewicz

dimlys1994, Urbanista1, geometarkv liked this post
Old March 11th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #1407
WB2010

The signing ceremony:

According to the contract construction of the new extension of M2 should be over by the 11th May 2019

loloo, Rombi liked this post
Old March 12th, 2016, 04:18 PM   #1408
Fallout
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Likes (Received): 1350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
After the third phase of Line 2 will be completed from Bródno ↔ Górce by about 2022, I hope that Line 3 from Dworzec Zachodni ↔ Stadion Narodowy will be built next, before further extensions to lines 1 or 2.
And I hope they change those plans, as we already have a line from Zachodni to Stadion, and there's no need to make second one.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
― Hermann Göring

The monster never dies, no matter how many times you kill it. It just sheds its skin and changes form.
― William J. Blazkowicz

dimlys1994, loloo, geometarkv liked this post
Fallout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 03:30 PM   #1409
bloganista

Likes (Received): 484

Warsaw's second biggest and rapidly expanding Modlin airport requires a metro line 2 link from Bródno. Presently it is not linked by any rail or metro.

Further reason for such a link is the Twierdza Modlin development - a new town planned for almost 40,000 residents, located close to the airport but quite far away from the nearest rail station.

Urbanista1 liked this post
bloganista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #1410
kebe

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloganista View Post
Warsaw's second biggest and rapidly expanding Modlin airport requires a metro line 2 link from Bródno. Presently it is not linked by any rail or metro.

Further reason for such a link is the Twierdza Modlin development - a new town planned for almost 40,000 residents, located close to the airport but quite far away from the nearest rail station.
Joke or troll ?

Acti liked this post
kebe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 09:56 PM   #1411
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82113

I don't think this was posted yet. Since the Warsaw metro line is being expanded there have to be new trains as well. The deciding factor on the amount is if Warsaw will be able to sell its 22 old Russian metro trains. If it does, the tender could potentially include a number of 60 trains.

For the two expansions of the Second Line Warsaw will need minimally 20 new trains.

http://www.transport-publiczny.pl/wi...azy-51417.html

dimlys1994, tramwaj liked this post
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 02:18 PM   #1412
bloganista

Likes (Received): 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebe View Post
Joke or troll ?
Modlin is an airport in Warsaw. Understand so far?

To thrive it needs to be connected by metro or rail (thrive means prosper). Get it?

There is a place near to the airport (Twierdza Modlin) which also needs a rail or metro connection because many people will live there.

Understand now or still a bit confused?
Old March 21st, 2016, 04:21 PM   #1413
Fallout
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Likes (Received): 1350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloganista View Post
Modlin is an airport in Warsaw. Understand so far?

To thrive it needs to be connected by metro or rail (thrive means prosper). Get it?

There is a place near to the airport (Twierdza Modlin) which also needs a rail or metro connection because many people will live there.

Understand now or still a bit confused?
Modlin is not in Warsaw, but 20km away from it. They is railway station in Nowy dwór Mazowiecki, where the airport is located, and there are plans to build a railway link to the airport as well. But not metro of course.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
― Hermann Göring

The monster never dies, no matter how many times you kill it. It just sheds its skin and changes form.
― William J. Blazkowicz
Fallout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:26 PM   #1414
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Likes (Received): 2564

Warszawa Centralna:

http://warszawa.wyborcza.pl/warszawa...#BoxLokWawLink

Petr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:59 AM   #1415
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Those lights remind me of the alien's camera probe thing in the War of the Worlds film

rakcancer liked this post
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 01:02 AM   #1416
InK.fan

Likes (Received): 1091

RIP our central station...[*]

System.out.println("Hello SSC!");

InK.fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2016, 01:11 AM   #1417
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Warszawa Centralna - mezzanine finally opened:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredi View Post
zdzisław

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane90 View Post
Widok na jeden z trzech punktów usługowych.

Przy każdym z nich przewidziano ustawienie takich hokerów. Na szybką kawkę, herbatkę czy sok w sam raz, na dłuższe posiedzenie raczej niewygodne.

Niezbyt przemyślane zostały także pozostałe miejsca siedzące. Na części z nich położono poduszki, które są na tyle grube, że oparcie kończy się zaraz za lędźwiami. Projektant o ergonomii chyba nigdy nie słyszał. Szkoda.

Widok antresoli… z antresoli. Wschodniej. Za sprawą wyświetlaczy nad kasami i niebieskiej poświaty konstrukcja nabiera zupełnie nowego koloru. Całość budzi skojarzenia z wnętrzem centrum handlowego Poznań Główny Szit Sęter.

Podobnie ma się sprawa z miejscami przy słupach. Sytuacja być może ulegnie poprawie, gdy ogrzewanie hali zacznie być w pełni wykorzystywane, a ciepłe powietrze będzie spychanie destryfikatorami w dół spod stropu.
Old March 30th, 2016, 11:00 PM   #1418
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Warszawa Zachodnia

dimlys1994, Urbanista1, Baxon79, loloo liked this post
Old April 2nd, 2016, 04:20 PM   #1419
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

This interior reminds me iconic TWA terminal at JFK in NYC: