daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #181
ChicagoLover

Likes (Received): 0

Vanity addresses can be dangerous. Wasn't there a case of a woman caught in a fire in a building with a Michigan address that was actually off Michigan, and firefighters had a hard time locating her due to the false vanity address?
ChicagoLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #182
NWside

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoLover
Vanity addresses can be dangerous. Wasn't there a case of a woman caught in a fire in a building with a Michigan address that was actually off Michigan, and firefighters had a hard time locating her due to the false vanity address?
I believe she gave an Illinois Center address instead of the proper 233 Michigan Avenue...
NWside no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #183
Chicagotom

Here are few shots of the site from my conference room window of 225 N Michigan of the Manderian Oriental site

Chicagotom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #184
Chi_Coruscant

I always pass this empty site during my lunch break. Needless to say, I am overjoyed with the fact that missing piece will be filled.
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:55 AM   #185
headcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_Coruscant
I always pass this empty site during my lunch break. Needless to say, I am overjoyed with the fact that missing piece will be filled.
Ditto, I walk by it about three times a week, depending on which way I'm walking during lunch. I will be interesting if this and Aqua go up, working between them will be cool.

SSDD
headcase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 06:14 PM   #186
uberalles
Boca Raton,FL (x-Chicago)

Cool pics, THANKS!
uberalles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:18 AM   #187
danthediscoman

Likes (Received): 1

So thats where its going I just couldn't picture it..and I ride the bus by everyday always amazed at what a bizzare looking hole it is.
danthediscoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #188
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 887

a little birdy sent me a telegram yesterday...

East Elevation

North Elevation

South Elevation

West Elevation
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #189
Chi_Coruscant

Thanks, BVictor. I like the East Elevation. It looks cool.
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #190
wickedestcity
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

i like the west elevation better
wickedestcity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #191
MWR

I like the SOUTh Elevation!

If only I could afford it too.
MWR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 08:36 PM   #192
ChiPsy

Well then, I like the NORTH elevation!
ChiPsy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #193
forumly_chgoman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

I really hope this gets built along w/ Intercontintal,, and Aqua.....these together w/ the Calatrava will focus a lot of super tall and near super tall glory in a small area
forumly_chgoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 02:26 AM   #194
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 887

I stopped by the sales center this afternoon, and I was told that they should begin to market this project to the public sometime this summer. I asked about current sales and things are going okay. I was told that about 15% of the hotel suites were already sold and somewhere between 15%-20% of the condominiums were sold. They been selling to preferred buyers and people close to the Mandarin and developement team.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:05 PM   #195
NittanyBLUE2002
JoePa4Eva

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
I really hope this gets built along w/ Intercontintal,, and Aqua.....these together w/ the Calatrava will focus a lot of super tall and near super tall glory in a small area
Yeah, no kidding.

Not to be a neggo here, but the first domino fell when Deutsche killed the deal that would've financed the Fordham Spire.

Chicago must have the most prolific collection of unbuilt skyscrapers.

Just get the damn Spire built.
NittanyBLUE2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #196
headcase

News is News

Quote:
August 11
Mandarin Tower Pop-Up Immersion Theater Benefits CAF

Stop at the Prudential Building, 130 E Randolph between 11 and 2 on August 11 for a chance to experience the Mandarin Oriental Immersion Theater 4000 sq. ft. temporary pop-up venue. Get a taste of the luxury property before it is built AND provide needed funds for CAF. Highlights include a MOBar, cake shop, hand massages and gifts. $15 admission all goes to CAF.
Old July 29th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #197
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

74 floors? The confusion never ends.

spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 03:23 AM   #198
richardsonhomebuyers

Likes (Received): 1

Last I saw was like 899 now. But you know what who really knows. This thing has had some many different numbers attached to it.
richardsonhomebuyers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #199
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

http://www.suntimes.com/output/socie...society16.html

Mandarin Oriental uses luxe condos for three benefits
August 16, 2006
BY LISA LENOIR
SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

The million-dollar questions guests asked one another at the Mandarin Oriental Tower, Chicago's preview party was: "So what floor are you going to live on?" and "Where are you going to be in 2009?

In a 4,000-square-foot temporary space at 130 N. Randolph, real estate developer Gerard Kenny, president and chief operating officer of Palladian Development, employed "immersion marketing" last week to give more than 500 Chicagoans a lifestyle experience filled with select aesthetics and amenities of the world-class Mandarin Oriental's hotel condominiums.

Kenny, along with son Chris, rolled out the "What's your M.O?" concept at three separate charity parties for the Goodman Theatre, Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Research Foundation and the Mercy Home for Boys & Girls. (Kenny's company donated $5,000 to each charity.)

The Goodman Theatre launched this innovative affair Tuesday, with Board of Trustees Chair Les Coney and trustees Debbie Bricker, Shawn Donnelley and Neal Zucker hosting a chichi crowd in a calming space -- overflowing with streamlined Asian influences.

A building model, designed by architect Martin Wolf of Solomon Cordwell Buenz, wooed the curious to explore the sleek design, which provides inside/outside views that enable those walking by the building to experience the action inside and vice versa.

Three types of living options range from a mere $600,000 to $21 million. A place in the "Jewel Box" brought a sparkle to many eyes at the event. (The 6,000-square-foot residence will be on the 40th floor and will have floor-to-ceiling glass windows with ceiling heights of 22 feet.)

"The energy comes out of the building," said Wolf. "This area of urban Chicago [near Millennium Park] ... it's got a buzz you can pick up on."

Tom Kehoe of Kehoe Designs used architectural renderings to transform the raw venue into all things Mandarin, replete with a residence living room, a sky lobby, MOBar, the Spa and the Cake Shop. He did confess the hotel's execs gave him only "little snippets" of the interior details in an effort to keep it hush-hush until the 2009 opening.

But Kehoe was able to re-create the decadent spa area. Guests relaxed with soothing hand massages. In a separate lounge area -- with Oriental rugs, a chenille sofa, fluffy pillows and club chairs -- they socialized with friends. The affair was capped off with delicious bites from Jon Wool's Finesse Cuisine.

Guests taking in the Mandarin Oriental's lush brand of rest and relaxation were Margaret Garner and Denis John Healy.

PARTY FILE

Guests (all three events): More than 500.

Amount donated: $15,000.

Hotel stats: Located adjacent to Millennium Park, the hotel will have 74 floors with 250 hotel condos, 100 residences, 150 tower condos plus such amenities as a 24-hour concierge, room service, full-service spa, high-end shops, restaurants and business facilities.

Gift bag: Original poster of Cesar Russ' Millennium Park photographs and a $200 gift card to the spa.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #200
forumly_chgoman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

So 74 floors any further word on final height, the rendering next to 2pru above looks a bit short to me?
forumly_chgoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote