SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Southerners...Post a Pic of Your Church

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  krazeeboi 
#1 ·
See less See more
#11 ·
That's a nice interior^

I go to St.Andrews in Roanoke sometimes...

#15 ·
DallasTexan said:
My Cathedral owns all of you.

;)
Now mine does :)

I see a Southern Church Debate in the near future.....

#17 ·
uptownliving said:

St Peter's Episcopal Church Charlotte.

It is the most integrated church I have been too...Black, White, Asian, Latino, Gay, Str8, Old, Young, Singles, Married, Children, Rich, Poor.

Its a great church...everyone is welcome, the doors are always open (literally)
Now that is what a house of worship should be: open to all.

#18 ·
uptownliving said:
It is the most integrated church I have been too...Black, White, Asian, Latino, Gay, Str8, Old, Young, Singles, Married, Children, Rich, Poor.

Its a great church...everyone is welcome, the doors are always open (literally)
That's the way "the Church" should be. Open to anyone and reaching out to everyone. The Pharisees would often say of Jesus "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them" -Luke 15:2 The Jesus said: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." -Luke 15:4-10 The Church should be open to all people, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." -Romans 3:23 If you haven't accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, please do so. You don't have to go to Church to be saved, but "corporate worship" is very important and shouldn't be underestimated. When you feel you are ready to go to church, look for a good a church and attend a service. Don't be afraid of it, if you're a shy person. Fear is nothing more than False Expectations Appearing Real.

Mountain Vintage:
If you are ever in Asheville-Hendersonville, stop in for a visit. The building may not be much to look at, but it is a great church. "The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." I Samuel 16:7

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives." -I John 1:8-10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.