daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #401
MiuW
skyscrapercitizen

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
This is exaclty the post that reveals your mindest. This is NOT city vs city.
i didn't get answer to my question!
MiuW no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #402
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Likes (Received): 22436

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitMos View Post
At you arguments have ended and you have started to speak about grammar?
When I looked projects in Frankfurt, I have noticed that at them at all an identical facade, I don't see beauty in this monotony commieblocks.
so you would also call new yorks historical skyline a bunch of commieblocks, would you? i am deeply sorry that you feel stone cladding resembles "commieblocks". i think many people have never paid attention to the way different materials behave after time has passed. look at some old buildings in your city and study the difference between glass, metal, concrete and natural stone and what time has done to each of them.
il fenomeno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #403
VitMos

Likes (Received): 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by il fenomeno View Post
so you would also call new yorks historical skyline a bunch of commieblocks, would you? i am deeply sorry that you feel stone cladding resembles "commieblocks". i think many people have never paid attention to the way different materials behave after time has passed. look at some old buildings in your city and study the difference between glass, metal, concrete and natural stone and what time has done to each of them.
And here classical architecture?
VitMos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #404
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
it does not surprise me since all the available towers/highrises are built at the same place. nowadays a lot of people are changing their opinion and perception and their faith in frankfurt skyline is getting lesser and lesser as this overrated skyline has lost credibility, it has little potential and it does not offer any promising future as well. it's kind of understandable because frankfurt is just a small town with shrinking population.
eh no frankfurts population is increasing. so far all you posts are a mixture of disinformation and allegations, totally lacking any kind of valuable points.
well, you are a small kid (13?) and i think you are arguing in the best way you can. then again theres no value in your posts. i think its time to report your posts to the moderation again if you go on like that.
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #405
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitMos View Post
And here classical architecture?
what do you mean?
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #406
VitMos

Quote:
eh no frankfurts population is increasing. so far all you posts are a mixture of disinformation and allegations, totally lacking any kind of valuable points.
well, you are a small kid (13?) and i think you are arguing in the best way you can. then again theres no value in your posts. i think its time to report your posts to the moderation again if you go on like that.
What for you begin the conflict? To you try to prove that there are other cities except Frankfurt!
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #407
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

sorry, i still dont get what you mean, pal.
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #408
VitMos

Quote:
what do you mean?
I don't love office boxes of 70-80 years, they are ugly, but I love old classical architecture of Moscow and New-York
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #409
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

i dont love 70s office boxes either, because they are firstly very bland and secondly they are aging very unfavorable (glass/metal facade...)

that skyscraper you took as a example of bad architecture, is exactly the opposite, because it does resemble old new yorkish style.

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-1yez1.jpg

you can argue that certain elements were translated incorrect or that its proportion is inconsistent (which i dont feel). yet you can hardly suggest it does not resemple historic style.
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #410
VitMos

Quote:
i dont love 70s office boxes either, because they are firstly very bland and secondly they are aging very unfavorable (glass/metal facade...)

that skyscraper you took as a example of bad architecture, is exactly the opposite, because it does resemble old new yorkish style.

you can argue that certain elements were translated incorrect or that its proportion is inconsistent (which i dont feel). yet you can hardly suggest it does not resemple historic style.
I don't say that it is ugly, I say that it is very monotonous
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #411
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

it could be more exciting, yes. but in addition with similar highrises it would form a lovely skyline. i love it, when buildings "ryhme".

like that old berlin alexanderplatz vision (20 year old, never will look like this unfortunately...)

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/be...m/4602296.html
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #412
MiuW
skyscrapercitizen

there are just mid-rise buildings seem as commieblocks in moscow
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #413
MiuW
skyscrapercitizen

Quote:
it could be more exciting, yes. but in addition with similar highrises it would form a lovely skyline. i love it, when buildings "ryhme".

like that old berlin alexanderplatz vision (20 year old, never will look like this unfortunately...)

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/be...m/4602296.html
really magnificent
Old January 27th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #414
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by haikiller11 View Post
Seriously, do we need to argue about this London vs Frankfurt stuffs?

Tbh, Frankfurt has a better skyline but when it comes to skyscrapers London is much better

Let's have some examples. Lloyds Buiding, Willis Building, Satra, Heron Tower, The Shard, City Point and of course the great ***** of London.
Imho London's skyline has nothing to offer except the Pinnacle.

btw this thread gone nuts, trolling everyhwere haha

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Frankfurt - Germany's ultimate skyline
Skyline.Fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #415
cardiac86

Likes (Received): 1392

Ignoring trolling and flames of the posts, I actually find this discussion quite interesting. Because it seems, that many of us have absoluty contrary opinions and perception of what is "modern".

For me it's like that: this reflecting, blue/grey/green glass claddings are pretty end 90s for me. In Germany there is the tendency to start a new era of highrise architecture, which can be called neo-classical/art deco/whatever. The rendings of future/current projects in Frankfurt, the OpernTurm and Tauntusturm and to a lesser extent the T185 an, and also the Zoofenster in Berlin perfectly show this trend. And this is at least for me "modern". Retro-like. And retro is trendy - at least in Germany.

Soooooo, what I wanna say: Stop flaming all germans because we seem to have all very similiar opinions. That's maybe cuz we live in the same country, consume the same media, were sozialised the same way and so on. Not because we wanna defend our only city with skyscrapers. AT least, there are several skyscrapers in Frankfurt which I dont like, and also thousand of great skyscrapers in other cities (yes, even in London! ).

So please every one, try to understand different taste, backgrounds and opinions. There is no best skyscraper in europe, and there is no best skyline in europe as well. Because there is no objective definition of what is actually "good".

After 234275928593485493 posts of flamewar we should finally end this.
cardiac86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #416
MiuW
skyscrapercitizen

Old January 27th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #417
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Likes (Received): 55351

this thread will not die until the big boss (not me) say so. This is a discussion thread, so all comments welcome as long as there is no personal insults and names calling. Remember guys, which skyscraper is better is a subjective thing, everybody is entitle to their opinion.

Btw, why the hell are we talking about skyline in the best skyscraper thread?
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #418
jeromeee

Likes (Received): 48

I think cardiac made a very good point regarding different tastes.
In every country there are different trends that are influenced by the media and he is right when he says glass claddings were popular in the 90s and early 2000s in Frankfurt.
There are several examples of that: Commerzbank tower (1997), Maintower (2000), Skyper (2004), Gallileo (2003), maybe also Westend Tower (1993) and Trianon (1993).
In so far there are enough towers with a glass cladding in Frankfurt (you could even say the dominate it) and that's why there is a trend to build towers with a classic stone cladding to make the skyline more diverse.

If you ask me there a two very innovative buildings by Sir Norman Foster that deserve to be mentioned in this thread:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...jpg?uselang=de
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...jpg?uselang=de

An interesting fact about Commerzbank tower is that it has 9 skygardens with different themes (desert plants, rainforest, etc.) and it was one of the first 'green' skyscapers.

The Gherkin is also a green building an in my opinion one of the best recognizable landmarks in London.
jeromeee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #419
bus driver
Кондюктёр дю бюс

Likes (Received): 86972

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus driver View Post
1. Messeturm
2. ...
I have changed my decision

1. Capital City towers
2. The Gherkin
3. Messeturm
bus driver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #420
cardiac86

Likes (Received): 1392

Do not forget the Westhafen Tower (2004), which always reminds me at Gherkin (although Gherkin is taller and has another, more interesting shape)

cardiac86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
belgrade, berlin, frankfurt, ljubljana, london, milan, moscow, paris, skopje, stockholm