daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 26th, 2014, 08:45 AM   #781
wespje1990

Likes (Received): 805

Maastoren, Rotterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel View Post

TimeAndTide liked this post
wespje1990 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2014, 02:40 PM   #782
Arcytekton
BANNED

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbieraj View Post
No it wasn't. The render used a shifted view angle. It is built as it was designed from the very beginning. Shame that you are telling such lies here when you are representing Warsaw... You are rude to the Palace of Culture but in the same time you are saying that Zlota 44 is so great when in reality you have no idea about this project at all...

Again...

What lies?

You added that picture with bad perspective of Libeskind's tower. May be You are lier.

There is different perspective from under the building and different from the distance .I showed it on pfotos some posts above. Go back This view of top is changing depending on the place of watching .That's all.
What about rudeness to the Palace of Culture? That I want it surround with skyscrapers?What's wrong with this concept ?That's only concept. You can like it or no.

You think about political connotation of the Palace? Right? You will not change it. Sorry ,but we can work in the direction to cover the palace with the old name of Stalin with another skyscrapers what would make it less meaning in our architecture,urbanism and culture. Not all polish people do like PKiN-PALACE of CULTURE dominating in Warsaw. I join to that group.
Libeskind started nice job. He started to build big high skyscrapers quite near the Palace of Culture. That's fine for me .That's all .I like it.It is the best building in Europa for me now .Good that it is in Poland. Thanx to Mr.Libeskind.

Take it easy,man.

Zefire liked this post
Arcytekton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #783
Denjiro
Heathen

Likes (Received): 7095

Zlota 44 is beautiful.

Janek235 liked this post

Last edited by Denjiro; January 27th, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
Denjiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #784
zbieraj
Co się gapisz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcytekton View Post
What lies?

You added that picture with bad perspective of Libeskind's tower. May be You are lier.
The deisgn is exactly the same from the very beginning. There were no changes in it. So telling that top of the tower was changed is a lie.[/quote]

Quote:
There is different perspective from under the building and different from the distance .I showed it on pfotos some posts above. Go back This view of top is changing depending on the place of watching .That's all.
I've added the picture so you can see why the top is exactly the same.

Quote:
What about rudeness to the Palace of Culture? That I want it surround with skyscrapers?What's wrong with this concept ?That's only concept. You can like it or no.
Rude is that you are trolling in every polish and english post that this is post-comunisti red relict that should be destroy and blah, blah, blah.

Quote:
You think about political connotation of the Palace? Right? You will not change it. Sorry ,but we can work in the direction to cover the palace with the old name of Stalin with another skyscrapers what would make it less meaning in our architecture,urbanism and culture. Not all polish people do like PKiN-PALACE of CULTURE dominating in Warsaw. I join to that group.
Libeskind started nice job. He started to build big high skyscrapers quite near the Palace of Culture.
It is impossible that you are from the same faculty. You have no idea about PKiN's history...

Quote:
That's fine for me .That's all .I like it.It is the best building in Europa for me now .Good that it is in Poland. Thanx to Mr.Libeskind.
This is one of the worst Libeskinds designs. All around the world, where Libeskind is designing buildings there are right now sayings like: "I hope that he will not repeat that crap from Warsaw". You can see it also clearly right now in Łódź, where he won lat competition.

Not to mention that Zlota 44 is one of four copies of this design, and it is also the ugliest of all. Check Zlota's thread to find them.
zbieraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #785
Arcytekton
BANNED

Quote:
The deisgn is exactly the same from the very beginning. There were no changes in it. So telling that top of the tower was changed is a lie.
That foto shows optical trick. That's all.There was no my intention saying lie. Skyline.Fan said that the building
Quote:
"looked much better on the renders :/"
I reposted that the was probably "project more slender but for some reason it was reduced. As noticed in the render is better because the sharper the tip. Right now is cut off." In the mater of facts body it is true. Optic shortcut .Ilusion. Compare

Magic?No the building is marvelous it has very creative "sailor shape" of elevation which gives interesting changes of the form from different points of view. This nice way of ilusion You call "one of the worst Libeskinds designs".
Your opinion.
Bad opinion in my opinion.

Quote:
I've added the picture so you can see why the top is exactly the same.
Thank You, by the way, for insure me that the design was not changed in 100% .
I got hesitation when noticed that there are so many different photographs about the subject we talk about showing tricky, funny ending of the "sailing roof .I got no simply such informations about details of realisation the project. Sometimes not everything is possible to realise.The building is fresh and so is our judgement.Dont You think,so?

Quote:
Rude is that you are trolling in every polish and english post that this is post-comunisti red relict that should be destroy and blah, blah, blah.
Because it is.Full stop.
I always adopt the famous Palace to the project or rebuilt somehow in small details..I never demolish or destroy it. Wishfull thinking is something different Mr.Zbieraj.

Quote:
It is impossible that you are from the same faculty. You have no idea about PKiN's history...
Get look in to the historical books. May be it is interpretation of it. May be we read different history from different books.
You exaggerate

PKiN-Famous Palace is only remarkable building in Europe but for sure is not the best polish building or even european.
For some foreigner it is.I can understand but for polish citizens who read the history?...eehhee NO never was. Never is. Never will be.

Quote:
This is one of the worst Libeskinds designs. All around the world, where Libeskind is designing buildings there are right now sayings like: "I hope that he will not repeat that crap from Warsaw". You can see it also clearly right now in Łódź, where he won lat competition.
Not to mention that Zlota 44 is one of four copies of this design, and it is also the ugliest of all. Check Zlota's thread to find them.
blah, blah, blah....“de gustibus non disputandum est” look to the "Uncle Latin Google" what I mean Mr.Architect from the same faculty.

Zefire liked this post

Last edited by Arcytekton; January 27th, 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:12 AM   #786
zbieraj
Co się gapisz?

Whatever... I'm glad that you are alone in your statements at this forum
zbieraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:24 AM   #787
craperskys
kommt nen Mann zum Arzt..

Likes (Received): 53

The design is kinda ok but the inhomogeneous cladding kills it for me, there is IMHO absolutely no synergy to the surrounding area nor to the surrounding buildings.

Nontheless i believe that there are also other people who are totally in love with this building regardless of its aesthetics, so its anyway a very subjective topic in this regard.

Arcytekton liked this post
craperskys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:36 AM   #788
IThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wespje1990 View Post
I never knew the Burj Khalifa was built in Milan

There are precise reasons behind architectural choices. Nothing is built without a sense.

image hosted on flickr

Maybe you not know an essential thing: the spire of UniCredit Tower is a tribute to spiers of ancient Cathedral... a connection between past and present...

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

I can give you another example. Torre Velasca is a "representative monument of a transition period... trying to overcome Rationalism". European masters will try to have a new attitude towards environment and history. Design of tower is the result of a long study that finds its origins in research of functional answers, and it is perfectly integrated with architecture of city's historic center. It was built in the 50's and is an example of building combining old and new architecture. Some architectural elements and silhouette recalls Sforza Castle (especially Torre del Filarete) and Cathedral. Layout of the windows: intentional "random" effect. Since 2011, building is under the protection of Cultural Heritage.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

So try to learn history of architecture, before to say a stupid thing! bye mate

Last edited by IThomas; January 29th, 2014 at 01:53 AM.
IThomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #789
Denjiro
Heathen

Great photos from Milan.
Old January 29th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #790
Arcytekton
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by craperskys View Post

The design is kinda ok but the inhomogeneous cladding kills it for me, there is IMHO absolutely no synergy to the surrounding area nor to the surrounding buildings.

Nontheless i believe that there are also other people who are totally in love with this building regardless of its aesthetics, so its anyway a very subjective topic in this regard.
In this area in Warsaw (west center) there are built some different skyscrapers and they all got a little synergy to the surrounding area nor to the surrounding buildings because in Warsaw we have very young SKYSCRAPER CENTER I think .For many years there was standing Palace of Culture only. Now we built identity of central high Warsaw architecture and that context will gain yet. I hope in the future there will be beter synergy to the surrounding new CENTER.

To be honest DOWN TOWN SKYSCRAPER CENTERS in the world are ful of individual shaped skyscrapers because of their necessary to be special,awesome ,remarkable by contrast to another ones to be noticed. We must see the whole group of buildings to say something about whole center. Not look at one of them(in this case Libeskind's "Zlota 44" ) and say this building doesn't suit. No,no...it works together with all others.
You are right .We need some time to create individuality to our CENTRUM yet.
I show You some fotos to see it is not so bad:

from qmphotostudio.com

Zefire liked this post

Last edited by Arcytekton; January 29th, 2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old January 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #791
Arcytekton
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IThomas View Post
There are precise reasons behind architectural choices. Nothing is built without a sense.

.........................................""

Maybe you not know an essential thing: the spire of UniCredit Tower is a tribute to spiers of ancient Cathedral... a connection between past and present...

.............................""

I can give you another example. Torre Velasca is a "representative monument of a transition period... trying to overcome Rationalism". European masters will try to have a new attitude towards environment and history. Design of tower is the result of a long study that finds its origins in research of functional answers, and it is perfectly integrated with architecture of city's historic center. It was built in the 50's and is an example of building combining old and new architecture. Some architectural elements and silhouette recalls Sforza Castle (especially Torre del Filarete) and Cathedral. Layout of the windows: intentional "random" effect. Since 2011, building is under the protection of Cultural Heritage.

........................"'
So try to learn history of architecture, before to say a stupid thing! bye mate
Splendid that what all new designed buildings,architecture,... all over the world should have.

Quote:
Whatever... I'm glad that you are alone in your statements at this forum
That's it?
Your opinion You are right

Zefire liked this post

Last edited by Arcytekton; January 29th, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old January 29th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #792
IThomas

Draw inspiration from architecture of the past (which was perfection) can be an essential thing. The real "architecture" must have a meaning, otherwise it is just a simple "building".

IThomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #793
Arcytekton
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IThomas View Post

Draw inspiration from architecture of the past (which was perfection) can be an essential thing. The real "architecture" must have a meaning, otherwise it is just a simple "building".
That's what we should wish us ourselves I mean for designers at work.

That's why I would like to see one day in Warsaw center building typical for polish identity like this my concept for example:

The top of the skyscraper is modeled on some other good polish architecture and national eagle on top is special sign for national identity.
Many people in Poland are fed up with this domination of russian architecture of Palace of Culture in whole CENTER .Libeskind started to "fight" with the domination of PKiN(Palace) giving us the highest building (193m) in the city. So now it is the most remarkable point near PKiN .I hope that the future gives us next objects that will be famous in Europe.

IThomas, Zefire liked this post
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #794
IThomas

Well, I believe Warsaw has great potential, but also Krakow. You can draw inspiration from historic buildings with strong polish identity? Yeah, Polish people must to do it! Leave the influence of Russian style; and focus on a depth study. Of course, the rule is "simplicity". Build modern contemporary skyscraper or other buildings, for example, a strong symbol ... you need to take away many architectural elements, but keep just an essential aspect, so you can reach "the elegance". Today, elegance isn't a concept of massive architecture. So, for example, eagle can be transformed into something that looks a bit like ... I'm confident: new generation of polish architecture's students will make better your country. Poland need to recover its history and identity, and leave the past back, and build a better future. Furthermore, architecture is crucial for a country: it is represent social, economic, historical aspects... a good architecture makes happy its inhabitants. Good cities for a better country. I hope the best for Poland, bye mate
Old February 15th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #795
Denjiro
Heathen

London's Shard & The Gherkin

Background by AureLondon, on Flickr
Old February 21st, 2014, 02:20 AM   #796
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

please have a quick look at my website

my flickr

image hosted on flickr

122 Leadenhall by constructionchest, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

London construction by constructionchest, on Flickr

djm160190, Ivanator, Zefire liked this post
*** no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 07:18 AM   #797
DCFC1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 221

The Shard is Eaaazzily the BEST Euro skyscraper ... in my opinion.

Ivanator liked this post
DCFC1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 09:00 PM   #798
Denjiro
Heathen

Palazzo Lombardia, Milan

Palazzo Lombardia di DaF1967, su Flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

embraced by concrete abstraction di neimon2 (too busy, sorry for my temporary silence), su Flickr

Piazza città di Lombardia di Matteo Tidili Meteorologist, su Flickr

Palazzo Lombardia di archfoto.pl, su Flickr

[IMG]image hosted on flickr

Palazzo Lombardia di archfoto.pl, su Flickr[/IMG]

2012-09-16 - MILANO - Palazzo Lombardia di * DREAMJAY *, su Flickr

Stravinsky liked this post
Denjiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #799
KlausDiggy

Likes (Received): 8760

City Hochhaus 142m Leipzig

The tallest skyscraper in my hometown.

by Klausdiggy
KlausDiggy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 09:42 PM   #800
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31692

The shard wins outright as best Euro skyscraper in my opinion

Ivanator liked this post
JuanPaulo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
belgrade, berlin, frankfurt, ljubljana, london, milan, moscow, paris, skopje, stockholm