SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Cousins and Gellerstadt combine

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  starbuc jupiter 
#1 ·
Cousins, an Atlanta based developer, has bought/combined with Gellerstadt's Atlanta based development company.

Gellerstadt owns Block 3 on Centenniel Hill across the street from the proposed location of the new World of Coca-Cola Museum.

Hopefully, the combination of these two developers will bring about the development of Gellerstadt's proposed tower on Block 3!

#2 ·
Nick in Atlanta said:
Cousins, an Atlanta based developer, has bought/combined with Gellerstadt's Atlanta based development company.

Gellerstadt owns Block 3 on Centenniel Hill across the street from the proposed location of the new World of Coca-Cola Museum.

Hopefully, the combination of these two developers will bring about the development of Gellerstadt's proposed tower on Block 3!
Also the AJC article about this mentioned some tentative development plans Cousins has for a site near 10th street and another at Peachtree and North avenue.

Should be interesting to see what comes of the combined companies.

#4 · (Edited)
Nick in Atlanta said:
The site at Peachtree and North Avenue is the Reynolds, I believe. I don't know what proposed site is on 10th street. They are also working on 905 Juniper, I believe.
No the article mentioned them as tentative plans for future residential development at these locations. Its not the Reynolds, its 615 Peachtree...theres a small office building there(a Wachovia bank branch). And it said near 10th street.

I really hope the 615 Peachtree one happens because it would add retail space to that area and I hope it would remove that stone wall thats too close to the street.

These are plans that we don't know about and they probably haven't even figured out exactly what they want to do in terms of size, # of units etc. They wouldn't even qualify as proposals yet but the article said that the Gellerstedt teams' experience could help make them a reality.

The Reynolds is being developed by Urban Realty, a small company that is focused on infill/smart-growth type development.

With Cousins buying Gellerstedt and Trammell coming intown with the beltline proposal, it shows that the big boys are now seeing whats going on intown (besides Buckhead) and want a piece of the pie which could take Midtown's development to a whole new level. It was going to happen sooner or later but it looks like it'll be sooner rather than later.

#5 · (Edited)
615 Peachtree is also the block that The Ponce is located on, that should make a them think twice before proposing anything cheezy.

The Ponce is a true classic and I would expect whatever is built to show due reverence. Just Imagine if the Bellsouth building had been moved to the parking lots on either side of the The Fox instead of behind it. That would have been a real stinker to have saved it and then still have the beast next door anyway.

I think this is a great move for Cousins. Gellerstadt will bring them a really good vision to work on for a few decades. 905 Juniper looks like it may be one of the best projects in the city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.