daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 4th, 2007, 02:14 AM   #661
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Taken today, from my perch in the Aon Center:

i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:06 AM   #662
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

May 3, 2007

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #663
Frumie

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
May 3, 2007

I'm visually impressed with the way Trump's mass and height define the bend in the river. Once again, thanks for all the pics you periodically post.
Old May 5th, 2007, 03:55 AM   #664
Retrograde
Chicago

May 3, 2007

Old May 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #665
Chi_Coruscant

http://chicagorealestatedaily.com/cg...ws.pl?id=24970

By Eddie Baeb

CB Richard Ellis hired to lease retail at Trump tower

The Chicago office of CB Richard Ellis Inc. has been hired by the Trump Organization to lease the retail portion of the 92-story Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago.

The stores, to be located on three lower levels and along a new riverwalk, are to open spring 2009 in the mixed-use tower that’s under construction at 401 N. Wabash Ave.

The building is to have 100,000 square feet of retail, about 35% of which will be taken by a health club and upscale restaurant, according to CB Richard Ellis executives.

The biggest challenge for the project will be getting people to find the stores — especially from the main shopping strip of Michigan Avenue. Shoppers along the Magnificent Mile will have to walk underneath an opening at the base of the Wrigley Building to get to the small park and riverwalk that will lead to the new tower’s retail space.

“We have to get the traffic pattern to move over a little bit,” says Sharon Kahan, a first vice-president who leads CB Richard Ellis’ downtown retail leasing team.

But Ms. Kahan says her team for the project, led by CB senior managing director Todd Caruso, is undaunted in part because of the draw of the Trump name.

“All roads lead to Trump,” Ms. Kahan says. “The park and outdoor space is going to be absolutely phenomenal. It’s going to be a real destination for people.”

The other members of CB’s team are: Todd Siegel and Daniel Jacobson, who are both associates. CB was just hired about two weeks ago, so their strategy is still being formulated, says Ms. Kahan.

But Jill Cremer, a vice-president of development with the Trump Organization, says the project will seek to appeal to both high-end tastes and the tourist set.

“We certainly want the most exclusive retailers in our building,” Ms. Cremer says. “But we don’t want to have such an exclusive environment that people won’t feel welcome.”

Donald Trump’s son Eric Trump, a vice-president who’s also involved in the project, says in a statement e-mailed to Crain’s that retailers from the U.S. and abroad have already expressed interest in the project.

Retail sales on North Michigan Avenue exceed $600 per square foot, according to Greater North Michigan Avenue Assn. president John Maxson. But it remains to be seen whether a project so far removed from the Magnificent Mile can approach those kind of sales.

“I think Trump is betting the pieces will fall into place to enable him to effectively connect to North Michigan Avenue,” says Bruce Kaplan, president of the Chicago-based brokerage firm Northern Realty Group Ltd. “Whether he can bring the magic to Chicago, is hard to say. But I wouldn’t bet against him.”
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #666
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

5-13-07

Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #667
ChicagoNight

NICE! Thanks
ChicagoNight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #668
Chicagotom

Chi649

I like that one with AON and Pru2 in the background with the setback of Trump. Never saw that before. What a great town we live in!!
Chicagotom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 03:23 AM   #669
Chi649

ChicagoNight and Chicagotom, thank you.

Tom, that is my favorite pic as well. Unfortunately Imageshack is going bonkers right now so it is not being displayed.

Update: Cool, that pic is up again. Here's a pic from the Sears Tower 5-13-07

Last edited by Chi649; May 15th, 2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #670
wickedestcity
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi649 View Post

holy hell , looks like a shot strait out of a sci-fi flick!
wickedestcity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #671
chicagogeorge

Likes (Received): 893

CHi649 those are shots are incredible!

for the Pelasgians, too, were a Greek nation originally from the Peloponnesus
The Roman Antiquities of Dionysius of Halicarnassus
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...assus/1B*.html

Macedonia, of course, is a part of Greece". Strabo, VII, Frg. 9
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...ragments*.html

But north of the gulf, the first inhabitants are Greeks called Epirotes....
Procopius
http://books.google.com/books?id=9m6...page&q&f=false
chicagogeorge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #672
Chi649

Thanks a lot!
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:20 PM   #673
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Nice work, Chi649. The completion of Trump will be a great reason to get back to the top of the Sears Tower. I can't wait to see what it looks like from up there.
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:13 AM   #674
Chi649

Thanks Hydrogen.

Yeah, it's really something up there when you look at Hancock and Aon and realize that Trumps roof will be of relative identical height. Trump is going to have a HUGE impact on the skyline.

As a side note, it looks like the Chicago Spire will rise right behind 2Pru, from the perspective of looking from the Sears Tower. If CS gets built, the cluster of Aon, 2Pru, and other LSE buildings will look incredible.
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #675
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 881

A few recent shots...

View to the west from Lake Shore Drive - 2007-5-14

View from the Chicago River - 2007-5-17

View to the west from Wacker Drive - 2007-5-17

View to the northeast from Wacker Drive

View to the north down Wabash Avenue - 2007-5-18
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 03:04 AM   #676
pgold21

Geez, they put the exterior up so quickly those guys are going to be out of work for a while. They at the second setback yet?
pgold21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 11:51 PM   #677
Georgist

Likes (Received): 5

^By my estimate (based on my memory of when they started it and how long it was supposed to take), they should be 1/2 to 3/4 done with the second setback.
Georgist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:53 PM   #678
RavenWolf55

It is possible I surmise that Trump Tower could vertically expand. Since the vast structure is composed of Concrete ( heavier than steel) I can image additional floors and height being added in steel. This is all base on a statement Trump once mentioned about the foundation being strong enough to sstain anything, including added height. However it all really depends on the economics of it all. But I think it would be possible to add 40 additional floors ( steel) in some future time and financing such a project by using the current structure as equity.
RavenWolf55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:41 AM   #679
Retrograde
Chicago

May 21, 2007

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:29 AM   #680
Chi_Coruscant

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...i-bizfront-hed

Family Trump gears up to pitch International Hotel & Tower
By Susan Diesenhouse
Tribune staff reporter

May 22, 2007, 5:03 PM CDT

Boosting sales of the $850 million Trump International Hotel & Tower will be a family effort on Thursday morning. Appearing at the downtown construction site will be Donald Trump -- both senior and junior -- Ivanka and Eric, all of whom work on the project.

Ostensibly, the Trumps will be here to update the media on the progress of sales and mark construction reaching the 29th floor, topping off the hotel portion of the 92-story tower on the banks of the Chicago River. The hotel is slated to open in December.

The Skidmore Ownings & Merrill-designed glass-clad development also will include residential condominiums, retail, parking and outdoor park space.

But another likely reason for the Trumps' visit is to generate more sales for the project. Usually, a developer makes its profit on the last 25 percent of unit sales.

On that point, Trump still has quite a way to go. So far, the developer has sold 223 of its 339 hotel condominiums priced at an average $1,325 square foot and 378 of its 486 residential condominiums at an average price of $1093 square foot, according to Tere Proctor, Trumps' sales director in Chicago.

Sales progress has been slow. In January, Trump had sold 220 hotel units and 373 residential condominiums, according to Proctor at the time.

In one strategic shift, Trump has decided to add more hotel and residential condominiums by dividing up some larger three-bedroom units, Proctor said. "This better meets the needs of our buyers for whom this is a second or third home," she explained.
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote