daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers Discussions of projects under construction between 200-299m/650-999ft tall.
» Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #1481
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7139

Couldn't someone ask those guys there?

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #1482
Attitudelad
Attitudelad

Likes (Received): 5

There was soma activity as i walked by today.

Steel girders being delivered and a crane in operation. Is this the start weve been waiting for?
Attitudelad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #1483
Pfeuffer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 405

evidence !
Pfeuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM   #1484
PortoNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitudelad View Post
There was soma activity as i walked by today.

Steel girders being delivered and a crane in operation. Is this the start weve been waiting for?
Even though the core is not rising there are workers on the site.
Old June 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM   #1485
NorwichJewels
BUNNED

Likes (Received): 14

Taken by me on Saturday.
NorwichJewels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:34 AM   #1486
lumberjack

Likes (Received): 2872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeuffer View Post
evidence !
@ 2pm Tue.... TC4 in action lifting some steelwork which I assume from other posts was delivered Monday.

image hosted on flickr
lumberjack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:13 AM   #1487
MattToronto
Less is More

Likes (Received): 97

It will be slow at the start, but good to see them getting back to it.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:09 PM   #1488
Attitudelad
Attitudelad

Likes (Received): 5

I'm not holding my breath but it is an exciting development.
Will The Pinnacle become a symbol of London like The Shard, One Canada Square and The London Eye or will it's location surrounded by medium high rises and other skyscrapers hinder it's dominance. I realise One Canada Square is surrounded, but it stamped it's recognition before Canary Wharf became the beautiful skyline it is today.
Attitudelad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #1489
PortoNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
Another crane in action today (TC1?) driver sitting in the cab with the hook block hovering above the pavement on Bishopsgate. I saw about 8 people around the site in hard hats 2 waiting once gain by the loading bay on Bishopsgate. The main site was pretty dead apart from a joiner sawing some wood. Photo is pretty crap quality as the viewing window is dirty but you can see the hook block in the top half.

image hosted on flickr
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #1490
Crash_N
L'enfant terrible

Likes (Received): 789

Quote:
Will The Pinnacle become a symbol of London like The Shard, One Canada Square and The London Eye or will it's location surrounded by medium high rises and other skyscrapers hinder it's dominance. I realise One Canada Square is surrounded, but it stamped it's recognition before Canary Wharf became the beautiful skyline it is today.
I highly doubt the view from the Thames ( Waterloo bridge, Blackfriars bridge ) will be blocked by anything significantly tall. To the west of the Pinnacle lie the Royal Exchange and the Bank of England, and there are also regulations for building anything that could obstruct the views of St. Paul's. It's much more important to get it built.
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #1491
montelu
monteria esta de moda

Likes (Received): 0

montelu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 03:14 AM   #1492
PortoNuts

Can't see it.

Quote:
The Pinnacle will certainly be a symbol, it dwarfs everything else in the City, even the second tallest tower in the area doesn't make such of different. It's not only about height, the Pinnacle looks significantly larger and more massive than the other skyscrapers.

Of course I doubt it will be so much of an icon because it's much closer to the Shard, even though some people actually prefer the Pinnacle's design over Shard's.
Old June 28th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #1493
jonnyboy

Likes (Received): 85

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d180f8a2-a...#axzz1QVzopBC1

work to resume soon!
jonnyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 01:12 AM   #1494
PortoNuts

Quote:
Pinnacle work restarts to meet space shortage

Work will resume on the tallest skyscraper in the City of London this month after the project managers moved to meet an expected shortage of office supply.

The 64-storey Pinnacle in Bishopsgate, known as the Helter-Skelter for its corkscrew design, was built only to ground level while its owners brought together a financing package for its development. Arab Investments, the asset manager for the building, owned mainly by investors from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, has this week instructed Brookfield, the global property group, to begin construction. Development is expected to take more than three years to complete.

Khalid Affara, managing director of Arab Investments, said: “The Pinnacle has agreed with Brookfield to commence the final phase of construction works at the end of June to enable delivery of the City’s tallest building by 2014. The Pinnacle is a unique product at 945ft – the tallest building in the cluster of tall buildings in the City of London – and will be delivered into a market where there will be a shortage of high-quality office space.”

Brookfield confirmed that it had received the instruction to proceed with the development of the Pinnacle. The core of the building will now start being built, around which the tower’s distinctive shape will emerge.

Final details of the financing package are still being agreed, but one source who is close to the negotiations said that the deal to provide debt by a consortium of banks had been lined up alongside an additional equity investment from its owners. It was considered important to begin construction of the building immediately in light of predictions that the City of London could suffer a shortage of new office supply.

There are a number of buildings under development in the City, among them two other skyscrapers – British Land’s so-called Cheesegrater and the Walkie-Talkie project that is being undertaken by Land Securities, and projects under way at Canary Wharf.

Even so, executives at many property consultancies familiar with the City market have forecast a shortage of office space between 2012 and 2014 owing to a number of lease expiries and breaks in older buildings that will enable occupiers to move.

The Pinnacle is the favourite among the shortlisted buildings that being considered for a move of the London headquarters of Schroders, the asset management company. Availability of office space has fallen by more than a third in central London since 2009, according to CB Richard Ellis, the property consultancy, and remains below the long-term average of 17.4m sq ft.

The consultancy added that 6.5m sq ft of space was currently under construction in central London and only nine developments were of more than 200,000 sq ft, which led it to predict a lack of available space in the next few years.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d180f8a2-a...#axzz1QW6ua000
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #1495
JLAG

Likes (Received): 504

That is really good news.
JLAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #1496
BodgeJob1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

Stuff is already being delivered on site this morning in preperation for the restart..

This will piss off Brisavoine enourmously...which pleases me.

Last edited by BodgeJob1; June 28th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
BodgeJob1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #1497
PortoNuts

Quote:
Supply squeeze spurs Pinnacle developers forward

Asset manager Arab Investments has appointed global property group Brookfield to complete central London's Pinnacle skyscraper by 2014, delivering prime office space to a supply-starved market.

The 945-feet (288 metres), 64-storey building, dubbed the Helter-Skelter, is just one of a slew of high-profile projects that blue-chip developers are racing to deliver in the City financial district.

"The Pinnacle is much further ahead in terms of the building work and the ongoing negotiations with prospective tenants about taking space in the building," said Khalid Affara, Arab Investments' managing director.

Arab Investments agreed on Tuesday that Brookfield would start the final phase of construction work at end-June, enabling completion "of the City's tallest building by 2014", he said.

It would be delivered into a market where there would be a shortage of top-end office space, Affara said. Arab Investments is owned mostly by investors from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

The number of prime office development projects started in London has more than doubled in the past six months, after many real estate investment trusts (REITs) put their plans on ice as the global financial crisis saw capital values and debt availability plunge.

Land Securities and Great Portland Estates plan to develop more prime central London offices, citing rising rents, while British Land was also positive on the outlook for rental growth.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75R0PK20110628
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #1498
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodgeJob1 View Post
This will piss of Brisavoine enourmously...which pleases me.
he secretly loves the architecture and design of this tower
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #1499
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Try not to bait fellas.

The hoardings have been revamped and now have renders on them. Picture taken by lumberjack:

image hosted on flickr
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #1500
PortoNuts

Will this one and Leadenhall rise at the same time?

Tags
britain, london