SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Met II nearly 40% sold in first week!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  rapideye95 
#1 ·
According to today's Globe. Now I hope developers will realize that the strong demand for that area creates an opportunity for that huge, horrible lot at Gerrard and Yonge!

#3 ·
DRTO said:
According to today's Globe. Now I hope developers will realize that the strong demand for that area creates an opportunity for that huge, horrible lot at Gerrard and Yonge!
I am not surprised at all...I think this is a great project...But to sell 40% of the suites in one week..that is a great accomplishment. It helps speed up the process and gives all the people behind the project more confidence that it will go up.

Gerrard and Yonge...i saw it many times....i know what you mean...;)

#4 ·
DRTO and Rapideye

The lot on the Corner of Yonge and Gerrard is zoned commercial. Although I do believe there was a recent application to increase the density on the site. KGB might have some info on it - I believe he posted something a year or two ago on that subject and there was a planning sign on the site at one point with respect to increasing the density.

#10 ·
Mike in TO said:
DRTO and Rapideye

The lot on the Corner of Yonge and Gerrard is zoned commercial. Although I do believe there was a recent application to increase the density on the site. KGB might have some info on it - I believe he posted something a year or two ago on that subject and there was a planning sign on the site at one point with respect to increasing the density.
Yeah I saw the application sign way back...not sure when though...and I think u were right about the density thing. Since that area is mostly zoned commercial, I think it is only right to put a condo there. for now only condos should go up until the supply for office space goes down. Then maybe later we can see some office demand

#13 ·
Travis007 said:
^^Well if only condos go up now, then there won't be enough space downtown for these office towers to go up in the future. I think the lot is big enough for 2 mixed use towers, for both business and residential.
why would you want to put other commercial building in a location that is already zoned for mostly retail/services and some office?? The wise thing would be to put another high-rise condo...it will help people move into the city and then surrounding businesses will have increased customers/clients. it works both ways...You have to follow the demand. There is still commercial space available in Toronto with mediocre demand. If the city doesn't get people moving downtown there will be no future business potential. The roads are packed and people need to be within walking distance from work.

#14 ·
"why would you want to put other commercial building in a location that is already zoned for mostly retail/services and some office?? "

commercial = office & retail/services ;)

"There is still commercial space available in Toronto with mediocre demand."

demand for downtown office space is up

#15 ·
valantino said:
"why would you want to put other commercial building in a location that is already zoned for mostly retail/services and some office?? "

commercial = office & retail/services ;)

"There is still commercial space available in Toronto with mediocre demand."

demand for downtown office space is up
Since when has office demand went up??? maybe around cityplace...but what about gerrard and yonge area???....i doubt it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.