daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #21
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusmae
I don't think they have to change the style though. But they should improve the facilities. The immigration especially. It's very little considering the amount of passengers using the airport. I like the new toilet that's closed to the visa on arrival place. The other toilet are very old and dirty.
Yeah it sounds like they could use more than two toilets in the airport!

Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #22
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 453

I'm interested to know what airlines (foreign carriers only) fly to CGK. Can someone please post a listing, thanks!
Old June 29th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #23
tata
there's no free lunch

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solblanc
yeah, into boring monotonous designs The design of CGK is perhaps the most beautiful in SEA. KLIA may be glitzy, Changi might have all the facilities, Manila terminal 2 may be pristine, and BKK Suvarnabhumi may be gargantuan, but Jakarta's design is a very good rendition of local architecture. Its an airport that actually has a sense of place, i.e. if you land there, you'll know where you are.
exactly, CGK should/must maintain its design. It has received award for its landscape design. I dont remember what award (will google later)

ciao,
tata

EDIT: more pictures: http://archnet.org/library/images/on...image_id=13626

Bus Rapid Transportation Database, BRT Part 1, BRT Part 2

Last edited by tata; June 29th, 2005 at 08:10 PM.
tata no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #24
TheTramp

Likes (Received): 17

i like the design of the airport the way it is. it needs to improve its services though. building new terminals is already long overdue. restrooms need improvement too. i don't think it should go hongkong's way though (w/ steel glass supertech design).
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #25

Likes (Received): 0

i thnk that the design should be left alone, but other things can be improved to amp up the airport... they could change the lighting abit to make the place more bright and perhaps give it a more modern twist, and all the benches have got to go, because they are neither traditional nor modern.. theyre just.. trash. they should also learn from the gettysburg museum and keep the grasses green n juicy because righ tnow they look dead..
627 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #26
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Likes (Received): 573

nice and unique
though it may need renovation
nice...jakarta...nice!
JustHorace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #27
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Soekarno Hatta International airport was designed to be an airport that represent the art and culture of Indonesia, thats why you will never see that kind of style like in other modern airports.

In 1994-1995, The Soekarno Hatta International Airport received Agu Khan awards.

Quote:
Landscaping Integration of the Soekarno-Hatta Airport, Cengkareng, Indonesia
Architect: Aéroports de Paris, Paul Andreu, Paris, France
Client: Ministry of Communications, Jakarta, Indonesia
Consultants: PT Konavi, PT Cakar Bumi, & PT Dacrea Avia, Jakarta, Indonesia
Completed: 1985 (phase I); 1992 (phase 2)

Development of the Indonesian economy, with the consequent growth in air traffic, required the government to increase the size of its international/domestic airport by adding a second terminal, raising its total capacity to 18 million passengers. Terminal II is very similar to Terminal I, completed in 1985, both having been designed by Paul Andreu, and based on the premise that unlike most contemporary airports, Indonesia's should reflect the culture and traditions of the country. Both terminals interpret the rural buildings of Java: clusters of shingled houses with steeply inclined roofs scattered among flat expanses of fields. Both integrate landscape and building in an exceptionally beautiful way. The airport structures are designed as open pavilions, set within the lush, natural environment, providing shade, shelter, and ventilation. The architect's wish to keep the pavilions and all the circulation spaces beyond the check--in areas completely open to the natural landscape was fully realised in Terminal I, but not in Terminal II, since the airport authorities wished the newer terminal to be free of rain and insects, and air conditioned. Windows had to be installed throughout the pavilions and circulation corridors of Terminal II, thus separating the interior spaces from the gardens. Even so, the landscaped setting, filled with tropical plants, offers the traveller a satisfying preview of the natural landscape of central Java. The jury noted with favour that both terminals, unlike most airports where the efficient movement of people is the primary objective, provide a variety of spaces for gathering and contemplation, alone or in groups.
Read that Award description and you will know why CGK is different with other "modern" airport.

Cheers
Old January 12th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #28
lovindair

yeah beautiful airport!
lovindair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #29
netsurfe
Grounded User

I agree that CGK is a beautiful airport. However, the people (at least some of them) working there do not act according to the beauty of the airport.

For example: The immigration officer do not even look at you (let alone smile), as if we are so disgusting they will throw up. They do (or not do) this to indonesian as well as foreign passport holder.

In all fairness to jakarta airport, such thing happens in most of Indonesian international airports.

Anyone experienced it? (or the opposite?)
netsurfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #30
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

looks like a really friendly airport
Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM   #31
adsr

Last time I arrived at this airport I didnt have an outgoing ticket as I was leaving Indonesia by boat. The immigration officers said if I bribed him he'd stamp me and my girlfriend in. It cost me $50!

That said, I absolutely love this airport. I must of gone through it about 40 times (my family are Indonesian). It's refreshing to see an airport that doesnt look exactly the same as all the other supertech airports.

What I dont get is that terminal 1 has airbridges but they never seem to use them.
adsr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #32
DevAzn76

See next post

Last edited by DevAzn76; September 11th, 2006 at 10:02 PM.
DevAzn76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #33
DevAzn76

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiretoce
I'm interested to know what airlines (foreign carriers only) fly to CGK. Can someone please post a listing, thanks!
I worked for one of Ground Handling Agent for airlines in this Airport between 2000-2002. At that period foreign carriers were at followed:
- Singapore Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Royal Brunei Airlines
- Philippines Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Eva Air
- China Airlines
- Chine Southern Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- Asiana Airlines
- Uzbekistan Airlines
- Aeroflot
- Indian Airlines
- Saudi Arabian Airlines
- Royal Jordanian Airlines
- Kuwait Airways
- Gulf Air
- Emirates
- KLM
- Lufthansa
- Air France
- Qantas
- Pakistan Airlines
They are all still flying until now.
The following airlines fly also recently:
- Etihad Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Air China
- Air Madagascar
- Air Asia
- Mandarin Airlines
- Tiger Airways
- Uni Air
- Value Air
- Yemenia
- Transmile Air
- Transasia Air
- Transareo

Hope this is helps.
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #34
DevAzn76

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfe
I agree that CGK is a beautiful airport. However, the people (at least some of them) working there do not act according to the beauty of the airport.

For example: The immigration officer do not even look at you (let alone smile), as if we are so disgusting they will throw up. They do (or not do) this to indonesian as well as foreign passport holder.

In all fairness to jakarta airport, such thing happens in most of Indonesian international airports.

Anyone experienced it? (or the opposite?)

I had the same experienced too. But I had that not only in Jakarta. Also in Bali. They were not so friendly and snob to Indonesian like me or to Foreigner. I think they act like that because they thought that they were very important and they can decide that you can come in or come out to Indonesia.
If you all ever fly to Amsterdam, you will be surprised that all the staff from the Immigration are very nice and friendly. Always smile and always greet you.
You feel welcome.
So let's hope they can improve customer care in the future.
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #35
elfreako

Likes (Received): 2

Uzbekistan Airways and Aeroflot no longer fly to Djakarta, unfortunately.
elfreako no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #36
F-ian

Likes (Received): 123

Here are some awesome Pics by Putra!

This is the South Part, or Domestic Terminals and Runway 25L/07R

Center

WHole

1lh4m5 liked this post
F-ian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #37
Subangite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JktCity
i agree....but they need some improvement...and new facilites...like internet cafe..to name one
To give it a modern feel, add lots of plasma screens around. But besides that, I really hope nothing would be done to the actual structure itself. It really is a beautiful airport! A timeless one at that, I remembered how it looked in the 80's, it still pretty much looks the same, I just wish it continues to look the same. The gardens, the wooden structures and beams, its all classic.
Old September 12th, 2006, 03:21 PM   #38
misterdz

Likes (Received): 183

very beautiful really, really original which and well its quil answers the architectural style of the country. the color as, I find as his exchange of the airport in general.
misterdz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #39
DevAzn76

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfreako
Uzbekistan Airways and Aeroflot no longer fly to Djakarta, unfortunately.
Really? well too bad.Thanks for the info.
Old September 13th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #40
DevAzn76

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdz
very beautiful really, really original which and well its quil answers the architectural style of the country. the color as, I find as his exchange of the airport in general.
Thank you for that. Algeria is definitely beautiful country. Would love to pay a visit one day.
The city is very organized. Not like our Jakarta.
Hope Indonesia can learn how to build their cities.

Tags
jakarta