daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 01:45 PM   #121
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 4385

cool design terminal 3
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #122
mind_manager
take it easy...

another pics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceN View Post
Woodhead leads design for Soekarno Hatta International Airport Terminal 3 in Jakarta

Woodhead is the lead designer for the Architecture and Interiors for the new 380,000m2, 25 million pax Terminal 3 at Soekarno Hatta International Airport in Jakarta.

The Woodhead consortium won the commission against three other international design, engineering and contractor consortia.

Angkasa Pura 2, the ultimate client, described their desire to send a message to the world of Indonesia’s technological, political and cultural aspirations and evolution through the design of Terminal 3. An underlying message of national unity and a celebration of Indonesia’s cultural diversity draws upon many of the award-winning attributes of the existing T1 and T2 buildings and reinterprets these influences in a contemporary terminal building.

Everywhere people are challenged to express their local and regional cultural identity and engage with an increasingly globalised world. In the design of contemporary airports, we need to look deeper when preparing an authentic cultural interpretation for the future that addresses the airport’s civic function. The concept for the interiors seeks to integrate artwork and cultural references into the structure and materials. A further expression of cultural diversity unified into one gigantic work of art.

The terminal is for Garuda’s expanding international and domestic fleet of aircraft and is a model of efficiency and comfort overlaid with the curation of Indonesia’s unique cultural and environmental experiences for passengers.

There is a transformation from roof and columns to an integrated sculptural form, merging landscape with the composition of the building in an expression of balance between human activity and the natural world.

Construction is due to be completed and the new terminal building fully operational by the close of 2015.

source : www.woodhead.com.au
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:20 PM   #123
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 993

Very nice indeed!
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM   #124
blablanonsense
Fiat Voluntas Tua

Likes (Received): 1652

guys, let's wait till the construction works begin? Once the construction begins, we can all celebrate in all possible ways. :p

ARISKA PUTRI PERTIWI
MISS GRAND INTERNATIONAL 2016

MISS GRANDSLAM 2017
blablanonsense no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:12 PM   #125
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harayatayuga View Post
Kondisi tanggal 23 maret 2013 di terminal Haji juga ada pengerukan tanah.

Dan jalan security safety juga ada pengerukan.
this may-june they will start the structure works, after finishing the apron/base this month.

Cheers

Azrain98 liked this post

Last edited by David-80; April 23rd, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
David-80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:41 PM   #126
Azrain98
catlover

Likes (Received): 2638

beautiful indeed
Azrain98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #127
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11250

First time contributing here, and I'll tell you: T3 for CGK definitely looks wonderful as a long airport, similar to KIX, and the sleek design truly brings forth a sense of flight and growth for Indonesia's fledging airline, Garuda Indonesia. Along with the exterior, the tall ceilings and winged interiors provide passengers and well-wishers a sense of openness, warmth, and progress, something I truly aspire in airport development and want to emulate because for an airport as important as CGK, having a terminal that defines the future of Jakarta can lure in not just tourists, but also businesses and investments in the long-run.

I must say, Terminal 3 definitely shows that Indonesia is progressing very quickly with its aviation development, and I hope that I will go through that airport soon. Well done!

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

mind_manager liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #128
ddes

Likes (Received): 929

As I recall, Terminal 3 now, at least the first phase of it, is now home to some of the LCCs. With it looking nothing like the renders, my question is, will the actual plans build up on what is already there, or will it be remodeled. It also begs the question, where then will the LCCs using T3 now be relocated?
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #129
boyerling3

Likes (Received): 4

The interiors look like they were taken from SIN. I won't complain about that if it turns out that way.
boyerling3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #130
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 993

Woodhead are Australian architects, wish we could have something like this in Oz! We're too cheap here to ever have anything like that though.

EK413 liked this post
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #131
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
As I recall, Terminal 3 now, at least the first phase of it, is now home to some of the LCCs. With it looking nothing like the renders, my question is, will the actual plans build up on what is already there, or will it be remodeled. It also begs the question, where then will the LCCs using T3 now be relocated?
They will remodeled the right pier as my understanding.

Well after Garuda and most probably all foreign carriers move to T3, the LCCs will have T1 or T2 for themselves.

Cheers
Old April 24th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #132
mind_manager
take it easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
from the news i've heard, the construction will be divided into three stages, and in the last stages there is a plan to redesign the interior layout from the existing building... i have no idea whether they will change the exterior design or not, but after the completion of the new terminal, all international flight (including Garuda domestic flight) will be moved from T2 to T3, while T2 itself will have a major refurbishment so it will increase its capacity from 9 to 19 mppa

after the refurbishment of T2, I think they will move all domestic and international LCC's flight to T2, so the Lion Group can use the T1 (which will have a major refurbishment too, increase its capacity from 9 to 18 mppa) exclusively for all their domestic and international flight....

however, those plans still can change depends on GA's decision about their future plan with SkyTeam... if they wants to use T3 exclusively as their SkyTeam hub, maybe the other airline which is not a skyteam member will be kicked out to T2
but i doubt such plan like that will be realized in the near future...

Last edited by mind_manager; April 24th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
mind_manager no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #133
chriswalker

Likes (Received): 13

Just thought I'd chip in here. I've been to Jakarta and Indonesia more times than I can remember, indeed I've been all over the world, and have passed through numerous airports. I really, really love the airport in Jakarta: it's perhaps the only airport in the world that is homely and welcoming. I think the design helps a lot - it's very green, and open. I really like the crescent at the airport entrance too. Have great memories of when I was little, coming out of the airport to see a blazing sunset!

Just goes to show how important design is for buildings. It makes a refreshing changes from the dull as hell glass boxes that are airports around the world.. that said, the airport could do with some modernisation as to its logistics etc. It's rather slow, particularly in contrast to Singapore etc. But any changes must be made that respect the original design. It truly is a classic airport, and in my opinion is a great gateway into the country.

mind_manager, Dito Roso liked this post
chriswalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #134
chriswalker

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyerling3 View Post
The interiors look like they were taken from SIN. I won't complain about that if it turns out that way.
I agree, it almost looks identical! Looks nice though, but not particularly distinctive. The least you could say about the old terminal (is it one or two?) is that it was quite 'Indonesian' in its design....
chriswalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #135
ddes

Likes (Received): 929

I don't really see the resemblance to SIN besides all the "brown", actually.

I just hope they don't mess up the refurbishment of Terminals 1 and 2.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #136
ChudWoodbury
A Bush Kangaroo

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswalker View Post
Just thought I'd chip in here. I've been to Jakarta and Indonesia more times than I can remember, indeed I've been all over the world, and have passed through numerous airports. I really, really love the airport in Jakarta: it's perhaps the only airport in the world that is homely and welcoming. I think the design helps a lot - it's very green, and open. I really like the crescent at the airport entrance too. Have great memories of when I was little, coming out of the airport to see a blazing sunset!

Just goes to show how important design is for buildings. It makes a refreshing changes from the dull as hell glass boxes that are airports around the world.. that said, the airport could do with some modernisation as to its logistics etc. It's rather slow, particularly in contrast to Singapore etc. But any changes must be made that respect the original design. It truly is a classic airport, and in my opinion is a great gateway into the country.
The vernacular architecture of T1 and T2 seem hospitable and welcoming to me too, but T3 (in its current form) is a vapid, hackneyed type that is the norm these days in many Chinese cities.

Standing among a sea of kretek-smokers just outside the terminals OTOH...
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #137
emyrr3096

Likes (Received): 519

ready for big construction project?? (like TV advertisement)

source: @arifien from Instagram..

lalala yeyeye lalala yeyeye
Hajj Terminal just gone.. so T3 can starts the construction stage..
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #138
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Wait a minute... T3 will be built at the expense of the Hajj Terminal? Question then: will T3 host to Hajj flights when its construction is finished? And how many Hajj flights does CGK get every year?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #139
emyrr3096

Likes (Received): 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Wait a minute... T3 will be built at the expense of the Hajj Terminal? Question then: will T3 host to Hajj flights when its construction is finished? And how many Hajj flights does CGK get every year?
ex-Hajj Terminal is located at new T3 apron.. beside T3 pier1... so Hajj Terminal demolished to build the apron actually
Hajj Flights will terminate to HLP | Halim Perdana Kusuma if I'm bot mistaken.. how many flights? hmm 2 till 4 flights /day for only 10 days if I'm not wrong, not really know..
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #140
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emyrr3096 View Post
ex-Hajj Terminal is located at new T3 apron.. beside T3 pier1... so Hajj Terminal demolished to build the apron actually
Hajj Flights will terminate to HLP | Halim Perdana Kusuma if I'm bot mistaken.. how many flights? hmm 2 till 4 flights /day for only 10 days if I'm not wrong, not really know..
Oh, so you mean HLP will cater to the Hajj flights, not at CGK anymore? Or will CGK still get them, albeit much less? And how is the Hajj Terminal actually operated to start with, plus what is its role for the rest of the year when Hajj does not take place?

Tags
jakarta