daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 10th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #41
th0m
oemoemenemoe

Likes (Received): 1

Qatar4Ever, you're the one that needs to 'chill'. I merely pointed out that whoever said that Europe is so conservative should take into account that we have been reclaiming land a long time. And no, we were not the first to come up with a palm-tree island. As legal as marihuana is over here, we just can't smoke enough leaf in the world to come up with such an idea.

We designed practical shaped islands, that were in balance with the local ecosystem and environmental codes. Try googling 'Flevoland'.

Also, you should stop thinking that everybody has something against you or your country or whatever's going on there. And an added bonus, everybody is entitled to think something is crap.

ORANJE

www.pbase.com/th0m for photo's
th0m no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:04 PM   #42
Monkey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

sorry but i think this thread about islands in Israel,no?
Monkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:29 PM   #43
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

Save your "I hate Israel" speach for the news section, not here.
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:33 PM   #44
Monkey
BANNED

ignore him.....
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #45
Monkey
BANNED

people please ignore him!
he destroying this thread...
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #46
Tomesh
insatiable

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar4Ever
"wow i really like the idea and I also like how the project looks, the design is good ! Perfect "
Complete BS !! Who are you kidding ?? What do you mean you like the way it looks. Have you acctually looked at it ?? Its not perfect, not even good. Its so obvious you guys are pro-israel. shh !! The project is not creative.. they could of at least made in the shape of the star of david or something.
wtf is your problem jumping to some conclusions because I objectively like something ?
Tomesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #47
RoM
Praise The RoM

Likes (Received): 15

There are plans of building an artificial island in the sea of Tel Aviv simply because it is needed, we are not billionaires who love to spend their money on stupid projects who have no justification whatsoever.... there is a grave shortage of lands in the Tel Aviv area and here where the idea comes from....
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #48
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3409

Quote:
Originally Posted by th0m
I'm sorry, but the Dutch have been reclaiming land for a couple of hundred of years. Better get your facts straight before you make such a comment.
The people in Japan reclaiming land since a couple of hundred years, too

To the project:
It`s interesting and from the pics it looks nice. It would be more interesting if they made it 10 times larger with many skyscrapers and stuff, but it`s okay
Tom_Green está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #49
Qatar4Ever

Quote:
Qatar4Ever, you're the one that needs to 'chill'. I merely pointed out that whoever said that Europe is so conservative should take into account that we have been reclaiming land a long time. And no, we were not the first to come up with a palm-tree island. As legal as marihuana is over here, we just can't smoke enough leaf in the world to come up with such an idea.

We designed practical shaped islands, that were in balance with the local ecosystem and environmental codes. Try googling 'Flevoland'.

Also, you should stop thinking that everybody has something against you or your country or whatever's going on there. And an added bonus, everybody is entitled to think something is crap.
thOm, I really think you need to re-read my post coz you missed the sarcasim in it. I was acctually poking fun more at the Palm shapped island than the Dutch and them coming up with reclaimed land. Your taking this fake island situation way to seriously. I mean seriously, I really dont care who came up with it so you can calm down now.

And that last comment of yours just shows how little you know. Im not from Dubai, not even from the UAE, I dont think and never thought everybody has something against me or my country and I totally agree with you that everyone is entitled to think something is crap. This is why I think this project is crap and it would of been nicer if it had a bit more creativity in it. And for the record, I agree with you and did make my point strong to others that I hate the Palm shapped islands very much anyways.

So calm down, relax, no need to get all defensive, i was just execrising my weak sense of humor, as u can see i need more execrise.

Quote:
Save your "I hate Israel" speach for the news section, not here.
I really hope u didnt mean me. I think your a very sad and paranoid person to think that. I completely based my judgement on this island on the fact that its a reclaimed one and had nothing to do with if i hate or love israel. And if you go and look throughout all news section youll see that I have zero posts coz i never preached hate nor love towards your country I just comment on some of its buildings. Just coz im Arab you dont need to jump on my back.

Quote:
wtf is your problem jumping to some conclusions because I objectively like something ?
Another example of why I shouldnt practice my sense of humor. PPL dont get it, or im not funny. Nevermind, your right I take my comment back, I didnt mean to jump to some conclusion, it really was sort of stupied and im sure that wasnt the reason why you like the project. But I stand by my point, look at it again !!

Quote:
There are plans of building an artificial island in the sea of Tel Aviv simply because it is needed, we are not billionaires who love to spend their money on stupid projects who have no justification whatsoever.... there is a grave shortage of lands in the Tel Aviv area and here where the idea comes from....
God someone just shoot me. Well in my defense, read one of my posts I did ask what was the purpose of this project. Was it a touristy project or residential, to my understanding it was intended to be a tourist spot and based on that I said this project is ugly and need more creativity.

Man some of you are short tempered, seriously would I get the same reaction if I was Thai or Angolian.

Again I ask the question what is the purpose of this project, and again I think its really ugly and would be much nicer if it was shapped better.
Qatar4Ever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:13 AM   #50
Victoria
Brought to you by...

Likes (Received): 6

Amazing project.
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #51
Tomesh
insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar4Ever
Another example of why I shouldnt practice my sense of humor. PPL dont get it, or im not funny. Nevermind, your right I take my comment back, I didnt mean to jump to some conclusion, it really was sort of stupied and im sure that wasnt the reason why you like the project. But I stand by my point, look at it again !!
hehehe really you shouldnt practice any humour on forums unless its dead obvious especially when yours is bit individual ( gave that up looong time ago)
the project i actually really like however funny it seems but ofcourse if you dont like it nothing bad about that
Tomesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2005, 01:24 AM   #52
Intoxication
Everythin bubble of water

Likes (Received): 20573

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebrewtext
the idea and plans to build an island infront of Tel Aviv shore goe's back to the 1970's.
in terms of design this one looks beter then the tacky childish disney like "palm tree shape" and another palm ,and another.... and.....
The "palm tree shape" as you call it, is not tacky or childish as everyone loves it. I can undestand why you wouldn't like it as your Jew and some Jews hate Arabs.
Intoxication no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2005, 01:34 AM   #53
londonindyboy
CrAzY FrOg

Likes (Received): 6

it looks OK
londonindyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote