daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #121
New York Yankee

Likes (Received): 4

as you know how the twin towers collapsed is this bullshit, it was the construction, there were no secondary devices. the sound which looks like bombs where floor plates (trusses) that coming down because the heat of the fire makes it so hot that the floorplates coming down. each floor apart. then, at a moment that inside the building around the 10 floors collapsed, collapsed the extrior core because it has nothing to stand it, only on his own structior, but that wasn't enough because the core had the construction that it stands on the core, and the floor-trusses holds it together with the interior core(the liftshaft).

but when the exterior core has no connection with the interior core, and that by ten floors, than you can expect it collapsed.

i know where i'm talking about. i'm architect / engineer. i've learned how such thing worked. so, what the people said in those video's is all bullshit, because the don't know about what they are talking about.

who do you believe? a professional, or amateur who things it's going happends about he said.
New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2005, 10:53 PM   #122
James Foong

Likes (Received): 5

To plan this such a tragic huge event, u would need 1000 clones of Peter Jackson to make it, out from the public eyes. For those believing the videos, u r just like the vulnerable people that easily got brain washed into terrorizing the world.

Plz move on into the update of 7 WTC.
James Foong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:16 PM   #123
NovaWolverine

Likes (Received): 83

I like it, if people see 7 WTC for what it's supposed to be than I think they will too. Not every building has to be some masterpiece. The WTC and the other taller ones in the complex should be the ones to have the spotlight, this is a very nice office building that serves its purposed, that to me does look out of place now, but that's inevitable if you are to build very modern buildings amidst lower manhattan.
NovaWolverine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:31 AM   #124
ca12los
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Hey thanks for the techical insight on the collapse of the towers. I will now post in the right forums sorry about that. NY Yankee I was just wondering how WTC7 collapsed.
ca12los no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:47 AM   #125
p5archit

Likes (Received): 1

Just an everyday, run of the mill tower.

This picture makes me laugh though!

Stop Terrorists???

How about Stop GW Bush...and the US's continued militaristic agenda!!

p5
p5archit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #126
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3093

I just wondered why the top is flat when the proposed towers other than Freedom tower look to have sloping tops?
redbaron_012 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #127
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

It's so sexy and glassy!!!. I like it.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 02:42 AM   #128
ca12los
BANNED

It does look nice I have to admit
Old October 19th, 2005, 04:02 AM   #129
TowersNYC
Carlos V

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5archit
Just an everyday, run of the mill tower.

This picture makes me laugh though!

p5

THIS PICTURE MAKES ME PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!!

I Love NY
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:24 AM   #130
p5archit

Tell me how building a skyscraper makes you so proud to be an american??

p5
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:32 AM   #131
Islander
SSP Native

Because this building (along with future ones) symbolizes America's ability to rebuild after 9/11, obviously.

Last edited by Islander; October 19th, 2005 at 06:42 AM.
Islander no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:01 AM   #132
SJM

Likes (Received): 119

Your an idiot p5archit, why would you laugh about it. I bet ur glad terrorist's attacked. I happen to love this building and it shows americas strength and ability to overcome.
SJM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #133
p5archit

Give me f-ing break!

I don't find it good, nor am i happy that Terrorists attacked NYC. But i do find it it rediculous to be proud as an american for building a skyscraper. Especially considering the fact that they (it) would have been built regardless of peoples objections-(victims families etc.)

Besides, all this would not have happened had the US government kept its sticky fingers to itself and stopped this g-damned rampage around the globe!

Does it make you proud to be american, knowing that your countrys government instills fear and hate in about 60% of world??

Its a skyscraper-business building- money maker!! Not a peace symbol to the rest of your country or the world for that matter!!

p5
Old October 20th, 2005, 04:24 AM   #134
Islander
SSP Native

Take your pathetic, deluded ramblings elsewhere. We have every right to be proud of this skyscraper. I would absolutely love it if there were a way to ban people like you from using all the products, inventions and knowledge that came out of America. Maybe then they wouldn't be so focused on the relatively tiny amount of bad the US has done to the world compared with all the good.
Old October 20th, 2005, 05:51 AM   #135
p5archit

Right!!!

Come on man...wake the f--k up!! Who are you kidding- yourself maybe?

This is not about products or anything of the sort. I just find it a little rediculous that you are so proud to be amaerican, when its just a skyscraper going up? I am sure you have realised that the US econonmy is the worlds largest economy-so what is so surprising about them building a skyscraper in the financial core of the country??

anyways....i cant stop laughing....

p5
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:27 AM   #136
ca12los
BANNED

The terrosist didn't destroy building 7. It was demolished for no good reason by our own Govt. Once again does anyone remember why or how building 7 collapsed in the first place????
please feel free to research it on your own.
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:56 AM   #137
[email protected]
BANNED

It is a nice symbol to remember all the people who died there
sult@n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #138
chrishung

Likes (Received): 8

Nice and easy progress. Keep it that way and soon I'll be in NY to see it in person.
chrishung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #139
lakegz

Likes (Received): 32

p5archit

please dont be so incredibly dense to think that that sole picture is the reason why Carlos is proud to be an american. the rebuilding of this tower, along with a million other things probably make him proud as many things in this world would make you proud. i know you wanted to get a shot in with that bait he unsuspectingly posted but cmon, be real and take your advice somewhere that can actually affect policy instead of putting down skyscraper fans who see another one go up in their city.
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:56 PM   #140
p5archit

lakegz:

I completely understand what you are saying and it was not my intention to make someone feel bad for their appreciation of skyscrapers- nor was it my intention to redicule his patriotism- but to be proud of being american due to a skyscraper going up-? thats like me being proud that canada produces the most maple syrup..

whatever the issue, lets leave patriotism at the door and just talk about the buildings and what we like or dislike about them..This is not a forum-(and i will take this into account myself as well), for political views or comments!!

Thanks!! No harm intended!!!

p5