daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Hellenic Architecture Agora > Φωτογραφίες και Πολιτισμός | Photography and Culture > Φωτογραφίες Ελλάδος και Κύπρου | Photos of Greece & Cyprus

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:47 AM   #1
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 52

Ρόδος | Rhodes

Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 19th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #2
Arpels
Αλέξανδρος

Likes (Received): 120

wonderful!! this island have a good landscape and many monuments.
Arpels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #3
Christos7

Likes (Received): 0

I have heard things, that maybe they will rebuild the Ancient Landmark of the Colossus of Rhodes.... but not in the same place.

Interesting project, but only rumors as of now.

"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Christos7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #4
Kuvvaci
Strange User

if they make it again, it would be wonderful. But is there any good contomporary artist to do it prorperly?..
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:54 PM   #5
Geroplatanos

Kuvvaci nice thread , but is it about the city of Rhodes or the whole island?

Anyway here some photos from the island + the town of rhodes....

Lindos

Last edited by Geroplatanos; May 8th, 2005 at 11:01 PM.
Geroplatanos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:16 PM   #6
CityZen
Uchi Papā has You

Likes (Received): 2

Rhodos seems fascinating! After I've seen Paros, Mikonos and Santorini I've been fascinated and thinking to turn back. Next time can be Rhodos or Creta. Probably prefer Rhodos thus it's smaller and gives a better atmosphere of an island.
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #7
Geroplatanos

Old May 9th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #8
Arpels
Αλέξανδρος

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos7
I have heard things, that maybe they will rebuild the Ancient Landmark of the Colossus of Rhodes.... but not in the same place.

Interesting project, but only rumors as of now.

WOWWW rebuilt the colossus is a cool ideia
Arpels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #9
Kuvvaci
Strange User

wonderful pix
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:55 AM   #10
KONSTANTINOUPOLIS
Ομόθρησκον

Rhodes plans to rebuild Colossus

Local authorities on the Greek island of Rhodes are planning to rebuild the Colossus of Rhodes - one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.

Faliraki municipality mayor Yannis Iatridis has offered land and planning permission to erect the 33-metre (108 feet) stature of the sun god Helios.

Greek-Cypriot sculptor Nikos Kotziamanis is leading the project.

The Colossus was built in the third century BC by Chares of Lindos but was later destroyed by a strong earthquake.

Luring tourists

Mr Kotziamanis has been preparing the project for several years, bringing together a committee of well-known European politicians and artists.

He had originally wanted to place the Colossus in its original location by the main harbour in Rhodes town, the BBC's Malcolm Brabant reports.

But the sculptor claims that dithering by the town's mayor has scuppered his plan.

Instead, the brass statue is set to be erected at the seaside resort of Faliraki, notorious as a magnet for unruly young Britons lured by its summer culture of round-the-clock drinking, promiscuity and brawling, our correspondent says.

Mayor Iatridis told a news conference last week he wanted to rid his municipality of its tawdry image and to generate much needed income.

It is estimated that visitors to the proposed Colossus and its adjacent cultural centre would yield Ģ25m ($47m) a year in entrance fees alone.

Mr Kotziamanis and his backers want the statue to replicate the lure of the Statue of Liberty in New York harbour, our correspondent says.

The sculptor plans to make it hollow so that visitors can climb inside to reach the head, which will provide a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea.

Mr Kotziamanis is pledging to maintain historical accuracy and says - that like the original - his creation will be standing on a plinth.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4264169.stm

"Τό στάδιον τῶν ἀρετῶν ἠνέωκται, οἱ βουλόμενοι ἀθλῆσαι εἰσέλθετε.
"

† ΙΧΘΥΣ

KONSTANTINOUPOLIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #11
LEAFS FANATIC

Likes (Received): 244

THE PARADISE KNOWN AS RHODES

LEAFS FANATIC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 11:42 PM   #12
george_ts

mpravo re leafs nice pics
george_ts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #13
Raleigh-NC

Likes (Received): 1

Leafs, every visit to your threads is a treat Thanks for posting some Rhodes photos. Can't wait to see more

Visit this thread on my hometown (Kalamata, Greece) and this one, too.

The right decision
Raleigh-NC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #14
LEAFS FANATIC

Thanks george and Raleigh!
I leave in 4 days! My damn digital camera has been acting up when I use the flash setting and i have no time to fix it. However, daytime shots wont be a problem. I will post some when I return!

My itinerary is like this: Arrive in Athens this Saturday. Fly out to Zakynthos early Sunday morning. Stay there for 4 days. Come back to Athens. Spend 3-4 days there mainly swimming during the days and going out at nights. Then head north to Mount Parnassos to visit my grandparents in their summer home in a village very close to Levadia. Then, return to Athens and maybe go to one of the Saronic Gulf islands for a couple of days. return to Athens for 2 days and then come back to Toronto.
Old July 5th, 2005, 05:11 PM   #15
Christos7

Great pics Leafs!

Remember, take LOADS of photos when you go!
"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Christos7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:12 AM   #16
Geroplatanos

Άλλο ένα χιλιοπαιγμένο θέμα (και μάλιστα σχετικά πρόσφατα είχε κάνει παλι post ο kuvvaci νομίζω αλλά τότε κανείς δεν είχε κάνει δημοσίευση φωτογραφίες... )

Τέλος πάντων γίνομαι γκρινιάρης , αλλά το έχουμε ξανασυζητήσει αυτό χωρίς να αλλάξει κάτι.

Αγαπητέ Leafs θα σε παρακαλούσα τουλάχιστον να ρίχνεις μια ματιά έτσι ώστε να αποφεύγονται επαναλήψεις φωτογραφιών και θεμάτων.

Και επιτέλους ας πάψει το spam με την Αθήνα όπου βλέπουμε την ίδια ταινία συνέχεια , ακρόπολη,πλάκα,κέντρο.
Προσωπικά πιστεύω ότι θα έπρεπε να έχουμε σαν πρότυπο τα post του gm...

Σε ότι αφορά τις φωτογραφίες κάποιες (εκτός από το κάστρο και τη Λίνδο ) δεν είναι καν από τη Ρόδο αλλά από το όμορφο νησί της Καρπάθου...
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:33 AM   #17
Poliochni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geroplatanos
?? ??? ????? ??? ??????????? ??????? (????? ??? ?? ?????? ??? ?? ????? ) ??? ????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ???? ??? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ????????...
Ektos apo dyo photos pou den anoixan kai de mporo na xero, i MONH photo apo tin Karpatho, ypotheto (afou se antithesi me ti Rodo den exo paei), einai ekeini me to ploio sto limani (kai ISOS i amesos proigoumeni me tin ekklisia sta braxia). Oles oi alles photos einai Rodos (ektos ta psifidota pou metaferthikan apo tin KO sti RODO ! De nomizo na einai KAI ayto problima).

Kata ta alla, gia tin epanalipsi, apo ti stigmi pou kati den kathistatai DISRUPTIVE gia to forum, den blepo to logo gia akrati TYPOLATREIA !
Den grafoume PhD thesis gia na prepei na eimaste super prosektikoi me bibliografia kai references.

Photos blepoume kai pername eyxarista tin ora mas (eidika otan prokeitai gia tetoia themata). Etsi, pollapla threads gia to idio thema, emena os episkepti DIOLOU den me enoxloun. ANtitheta ! Akoma kai an den blepo kati kainourgio.

Se ena forum pou mporei na filoxenisei 2 posts gia ti Lissabona, den blepo to problima me photos apo ti Rodo kai se ena kai dyo kai tria threads. An ypirxe sygekrimeno STICKY thread, tote yparxei mia logiki gia logo eleipsis pollaplon threads. Kata ta alla epanalambano oti eyxaristos xana blepo variations on the same theme.
Poliochni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:37 AM   #18
LEAFS FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliochni
Ektos apo dyo photos pou den anoixan kai de mporo na xero, i MONH photo apo tin Karpatho, ypotheto (afou se antithesi me ti Rodo den exo paei), einai ekeini me to ploio sto limani (kai ISOS i amesos proigoumeni me tin ekklisia sta braxia). Oles oi alles photos einai Rodos (ektos ta psifidota pou metaferthikan apo tin KO sti RODO ! De nomizo na einai KAI ayto problima).

Kata ta alla, gia tin epanalipsi, apo ti stigmi pou kati den kathistatai DISRUPTIVE gia to forum, den blepo to logo gia akrati TYPOLATREIA !
Den grafoume PhD thesis gia na prepei na eimaste super prosektikoi me bibliografia kai references.

Photos blepoume kai pername eyxarista tin ora mas (eidika otan prokeitai gia tetoia themata). Etsi, pollapla threads gia to idio thema, emena os episkepti DIOLOU den me enoxloun. ANtitheta ! Akoma kai an den blepo kati kainourgio.

Se ena forum pou mporei na filoxenisei 2 posts gia ti Lissabona, den blepo to problima me photos apo ti Rodo kai se ena kai dyo kai tria threads. An ypirxe sygekrimeno STICKY thread, tote yparxei mia logiki gia logo eleipsis pollaplon threads. Kata ta alla epanalambano oti eyxaristos xana blepo variations on the same theme.

Efxaristo Poliochni!

Paidia, signomi gia to lathos. To forum pou vrika tis fotografies eitan gia tin Rodo. Afou den exo pai pote mou stin Rodo den iksera an oles eitan apo eki.

Cheers

Last edited by LEAFS FANATIC; July 6th, 2005 at 04:06 AM.
Old July 6th, 2005, 04:01 AM   #19
Geroplatanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliochni

Poliochni είπα την άποψη μου , με σεβασμό στον leafs .
Δεν είναι κακό να υπάρχουν διαφορετικές απόψεις , εσύ έχεις διαφορετική , καλώς , κανένα πρόβλημα.
Εδώ όμως δε μιλάμε για τυπολατρεία αλλά για ακριβώς το αντίθετο !!! Μια κατάσταση χύμα , έκανε κάποια προσπάθεια ο konstantinoupolis να φτιάξει κάποια sticky αλλά κάποιοι τον έγραψαν κανονικά.

Σε ότι αφορά τη Lisbon κανείς δε φιλοξένησε κανένα , απλά έσκασε μύτη κάποιος και πέταξε κάποιες φωτογραφίες από την πόλη του , χωρίς να πει καν ένα γεια , μια καλησπέρα , έστω να ρωτήσει "παιδιά να σας δείξω καμιά φωτογραφία από την πόλη μου? "
Αν εσύ η οποιόσδήποτε άλλος ενδιαφέρεται να δεί τόνους από φωτογραφίες της πορτογαλίας , μπορεί με ΔΥΟ click να πάει στο αντίστοιχο πορτογαλικό forum και να το ευχαριστηθεί.

Δυστυχώς δεν υπάρχει moderator γιαυτό ο καθένας κάνει ότι θέλει . Είπαμε ότι φυσικά και θέλουμε να χαλαρώνουμε με ωραίες φωτογραφίες αλλά με λίγο προσοχή και όχι χύμα.

Quote:
Ektos apo dyo photos pou den anoixan kai de mporo na xero, i MONH photo apo tin Karpatho, ypotheto (afou se antithesi me ti Rodo den exo paei), einai ekeini me to ploio sto limani (kai ISOS i amesos proigoumeni me tin ekklisia sta braxia).
Πολύ σωστά. Και οι δύο , με το πλοίο και με το νεκροταφείο είναι από τα Πηγάδια την πρωτεύουσα του νησιού.

Λοιπόν εγώ το κλείνω εδώ , δεν έχω κανένα πρόβλημα , απλά λέω την άποψη μου και τις προτάσεις μου και τίποτα άλλο.
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #20
Prometheus
A pimp named Slickback

Likes (Received): 8

Re paidia, den kanoume sticky threads yia tin Athina, Thess/Niki, alla poli kai dialegmena nisia yia na kanoume post tis fotografeis mas ekei?

Etsi to ehoune se alla forum kai opos vlepo, yia ta kalitera.

Ti lete?

Virtual Greece

MACEDONIA:HELLENIC AND PROUD
Prometheus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
rhodes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: