SkyscraperCity Forum banner

University of Mississauga????

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  partybits 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

Out of curiousity I wondered if anyone shared in the opinions of some UofT professors who actually think that in the future the University of Toronto Erindale campus in Mississauga will evolve into the University of Mississauga.

Some professors of mine when I attended U of T suggested that with Mississauga's rapid population growth it would be a matter of time before this actually happened and that it would benefit the Erindale campus and Uof T mutually. The Mississauga campus is expanding rapidly with new state of the art facilities and the student population is growing as well.

Does anyone think this is actually possible? Will the UofT Erindale campus someday become University of Mississauga?

what are your thoughts?

cheers!

#3 ·
Whether it happens or not is one thing...but I can't see why UofT would be for it. Most likely they would be visciously opposed to splitting up their university.
If anything, they may rename it UofM for symbolic purposes, but it would still be owned by UofT. Besides, it's in Mississauga's best interest as they can share some of the experties and even the name that comes with UofT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.