daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 13th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #2781
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

It also helped to create uniformity for all the spurs. Spur number 1 is treated in the same way as spur number 11, also in the route shields where you have the big main number followed by the small spur number. A system where spurs (let's not forget the some are over 1000 kilometers long) have three numbers just could not work out that way.

Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #2782
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

This pic was posted to a high speed railway thread due to the railroad bridge across it, but it can also be here because it shows clearly the G72 Quannan expressway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
Guilin,Guangxi,Southern China,2013

[IMG]http://i61.************/2822xas.jpg[/IMG]
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:43 AM   #2783
CNGL
Leudimin

More construction follows! I've found the following expressways U/C:
S80 in Shanxi, the missing gap from Gaoping to Qinshui. Too bad the imagery isn't new enough to show where it will tie onto S65. Also its extension into Henan as S26, again no new imagery showing where it will interchange with G4 between Hebi and Qi county.
G1013 North of Taibus. Too bad imagery changes just a few kilometers North, but I assume it's U/C to Sanggendalai, since from there to Xilinhot is already open. Interesting, they upgraded a previously existing road onto an expressway, and I assume they will do the same with large parts of G5511, G2511 from Tongliao to Lubei/Jarud, and the westernmost part of G10.
And the best for the end. If you don't expect any new expressways in Shanghai, you are wrong. The S6 Shanghai-Nanxiang (Huxiang) expressway is U/C from the Northwest corner of S20 to G15. There are a few more planned: S3 Hufeng expressway from G20 & Luoshan road to S4 near Zhelin, S7 Huchong expressway from the same corner of S20 as S6 to Chongming island which includes a new tunnel beneath the Yangtze, and an extension of S26 to the U/C Jiading-Minhang elevated road.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

big-dog liked this post

Last edited by CNGL; July 20th, 2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Epic Fail, the Baomao doesn't enter this Shanxi, but the other Shanxi (Shaanxi)... S65 of course xD
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:33 AM   #2784
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Mountains road driving in Sichuan

big-dog, CarlosBlueDragon, dewlin07 liked this post
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #2785
CNGL
Leudimin

Scrap the part where I wrote about G1013 construction, it's already open (It's on Baidu already).

And I was thinking about G2512 Fujin expressway. Luckily it is 阜锦高速 and not 富金高速 [Fuсking (the Austrian village) expressway]

Last edited by CNGL; September 15th, 2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old July 28th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #2786
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
25 July 2014

A 64 kilometer segment of expressway opened to traffic in Shanxi province. It forms a three-quarter ring around the city of Shuozhou and proceeds north to also opened G18 near Pinglu. It contains a 5+ kilometer tunnel.
The North-South part is (apparently) part of G59. The G1801 designation is clearly wrong, it doesn't connect to G18, it isn't a ring road and it's not part of the national network anyway, unless the 2013 update included it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
25 July 2014

A 107 kilometer segment of the G18 Rongwu Expressway opened to traffic in Shanxi province. It runs from G55 near Shanyin to the Inner Mongolia border. This completes G18 in Shanxi.
Both appear U/C in Google Maps, I didn't check imagery in that part of Shanxi last time. G18 is the only East-West Expressway which enters Shanxi but not Shaanxi, though technically G7 runs East-West all the way and also enters (will enter, actually) this Shanxi and not the other one, but is a radial out of Beijing. As I write this, I decided to check the northernmost tip of Shanxi and the Jingxin appears to have this 10 kilometer section under construction now, as well as into Hebei, so I assume it's U/C all the way to Zhangjiakou. It appears it will get a knooppunt with G6 just East of the Hebei/Shanxi border without crossing.
Old July 29th, 2014, 08:08 AM   #2787
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Lijiang-Chengdu Highway's construction on schedule

[InKunming--Yunnan] The Lijiang-Chengdu Highway's construction plan has been approved by the environment assessment, and construction will start in January 2015.
The Lijiang-Chengdu Highway runs 169km from Lijiang to Chengdu with a construction budget of more than 29 billion yuan ($4.6 billion).
The highway is expected to open in December 2018. It will take only 10 hours to travel from Chengdu to Lijiang.
According to the environment assessment, the construction of the Lijiang-Chengdu Highway will help with poverty relief in the Tibet autonomous region and Yunnan's poor mountainous area.
The environmental protection department will make another environment assessment three to five years after the construction starts, to see if the construction has negative influences on scenic spots and resident drinking water.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #2788
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Xichang-Shangrila Highway to start construction

[InKunming--Yunnan] The BOT project investment promotion conference of the Xichang (Sichuan province) – Shangrila (Yunnan province) Highway was held in Chengdu, South China’s Sichuan province, on April 9. The highway’s construction is expected to kick off this year with a planned construction period of five years.
The highway connects the Xichang-Panzhihua (Sichuan province) Highway with the Shangrila-Lijiang segment of the Xining (Qinghai province) - Chamdo (Tibet autonomous region) – Dali (Yunnan province) Highway. Starting from the city of Xichang with a length of 320 kilometers, the highway runs through Yanyuan county in Sichuan province and Lugu Lake. More than half of its length is in Sichuan province, including 97 super large, large and medium bridges as well as 24 tunnels.
The highway will adopt four-lane dual carriageway all along the way with a designed speed of 80 kilometers per hour。
After the highway opens to traffic, it will only take two hours from Xichang to Lugu Lake. Drivers starting from Chengdu can reach the Lugu Lake scenic spot in about seven hours.
In addition, it will connect with National Highway 214, and then extend to the north. It will finally join National Highway 318, forming a new route from Chengdu to Tibet.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #2789
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
Good roads, very bad driving habits. What a bicycle tour would that mountain pass be if there were not such crazy drivers.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 01:58 PM   #2790
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Shenyang_Siping highway begin to upgrate from 4 lanes to 8 lanes.

来自我的 HTC One 上的 Tapatalk
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 04:54 PM   #2791
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

CNGL, do you know the name / number of the Wangzhuangbao - Daixian Expressway in Shanxi? It runs between G18 and G55, via Fanshi. It is visible on Google Earth imagery, but I can't find the official name or number. The G18 - Fanshi segment opened op 9 November 2013, but Google Earth imagery reveals the Fanshi - G55 segment was also completed at that time.

It appears that it will extend west of G55 as well.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 05:52 PM   #2792
CNGL
Leudimin

After a quick search it turns to be the S40 Lingqiu-Hequ expressway. Knowing Shanxi numbering, I anticipated it to be S40...
Old August 1st, 2014, 12:51 AM   #2793
CNGL
Leudimin

I've looked more into Shanxi's S40, and I've found it U/C between G59 and the Shanxi/Shaanxi/Inner Mongolia tripoint. It may continue as the weird-numbered Inner Mongolia S103 up to G18...

I've already found expressway lists for most of the provinces, but I still have some missing. They are as follow:
Chongqing - Only numbering is needed.
Gansu
Guangxi Zhuangzu
Hainan
Hebei - They number their expressways? It doesn't seem so...
Jilin - I remember finding one, but I don't remember where...
Ningxia Huizu
Yunnan
I skip Qinghai, Xinjiang Weiwu'er, and Xizang a.k.a. Tibet, as I believe all their expressways will be now national ones. I also ommit Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan as they are different entities (And in the case of Macau there's no room for a full-fledged expressway!)
Old August 2nd, 2014, 12:26 AM   #2794
CNGL
Leudimin

Error. Please delete.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 12:36 AM   #2795
CNGL
Leudimin

More construction follows!
G18 in Inner Mongolia. I've found it South of where I thought it would run, I expected it to be closer to Qingsuihe. Anyway, on the right bank of Yellow river imagery is old , but turns newer by the time G18 resumes near Junggar. It appears to be close to opening...
A large portion of G59 through Henan and Hubei (Nice, the Hubei expressway in Hubei , this wouldn't happen in Gwoyeu Romatzyh, under which it would be the Hubeei expressway in Hwubeei), as well as G4213 in Western Hubei. Again, damn imagery , I can't see the section Nanzhang and Baokang (will be interesting) as well as East of G55... I still creeps in me that those Yellow river bridges near Sanmenxia (The Shanxi's S75/Henan's S96 one in Sanmenxia itself and the G59 one 'Shaanxi', i.e. West of Shan county) aren't still U/C AFAIK.

PS: Chris, I forgot to say I prefer to go by Leudimin now .

big-dog liked this post
Old August 10th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #2796
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Drive to the First Bend of the Yellow River in Sichuan province

beautiful grassland in Sichuan

hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #2797
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankerjun View Post
Shenyang_Siping highway begin to upgrate from 4 lanes to 8 lanes.

来自我的 HTC One 上的 Tapatalk

Estimated AADT?
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #2798
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
Xichang-Shangrila Highway to start construction

[InKunming--Yunnan] The BOT project investment promotion conference of the Xichang (Sichuan province) – Shangrila (Yunnan province) Highway was held in Chengdu, South China’s Sichuan province, on April 9. The highway’s construction is expected to kick off this year with a planned construction period of five years.
The highway connects the Xichang-Panzhihua (Sichuan province) Highway with the Shangrila-Lijiang segment of the Xining (Qinghai province) - Chamdo (Tibet autonomous region) – Dali (Yunnan province) Highway. Starting from the city of Xichang with a length of 320 kilometers, the highway runs through Yanyuan county in Sichuan province and Lugu Lake. More than half of its length is in Sichuan province, including 97 super large, large and medium bridges as well as 24 tunnels.
The highway will adopt four-lane dual carriageway all along the way with a designed speed of 80 kilometers per hour。
After the highway opens to traffic, it will only take two hours from Xichang to Lugu Lake. Drivers starting from Chengdu can reach the Lugu Lake scenic spot in about seven hours.
In addition, it will connect with National Highway 214, and then extend to the north. It will finally join National Highway 318, forming a new route from Chengdu to Tibet.

Estimated AADT? 50 cars + 300 goats?
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #2799
CNGL
Leudimin

AADT of your driveway, please? Anyway, there are also some gaps I can't understand why they are still there, like G45 between Jiangxi/Guangdong border and Conghua (fortunately U/C).

Edit: I've read about the Chengdu Economic Zone Ring Expressway. Now that is a ring road, 437.7 km in lenght . Apparently most of it has no number, and I've found G4203 as a possible one (As G4202 is the 220 km intermediate ring U/C between existing G4201 and this holy hell), but what is sure is the Deyang-Dujiangyan section is G0511. Then it will continue through Dayi-Pujiang-Pengshan-Jianyang-Zhongjiang.

Last edited by CNGL; August 10th, 2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old August 11th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #2800
flankerjun

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Estimated AADT?
20,000 cars

来自我的 HTC One 上的 Tapatalk
flankerjun no está en línea   Reply With Quote