daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 1st, 2014, 06:26 AM   #2821
maldini

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Generally holiday eves are good time for openings. But nothing can compare to the week before new year when mass number of openings happen. Apparently there are commitments in projects to top management in terms of the opening year.
Just hope they can maintain the quality of construction, even when forced to meet certain dates of opening.
maldini no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2014, 11:10 PM   #2822
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Generally holiday eves are good time for openings. But nothing can compare to the week before new year when mass number of openings happen. Apparently there are commitments in projects to top management in terms of the opening year.
Yup. Last year I went down with the sheer amount of both expressway and metro openings. 2,000 km of expressways and 250 km of metro opened in the last week of 2013. But luckily there's the calm after the storm: the first four months of 2014 didn't see any openings.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

big-dog liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 08:42 AM   #2823
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Driving in Tibet

Alqaszar liked this post
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 09:55 AM   #2824
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Yup. Last year I went down with the sheer amount of both expressway and metro openings. 2,000 km of expressways and 250 km of metro opened in the last week of 2013. But luckily there's the calm after the storm: the first four months of 2014 didn't see any openings.
I dispute the last claim is true.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 09:05 PM   #2825
dewlin07

Likes (Received): 710

Hi guys. Just wanna ask what are the name of these expressways / bridges / or especifically exact location of the expressway or bridge in the photo below. I just found it in my computer but I don't know what are these names of the expressways because these are old photos btw (I save it on the year 2007, that's quite old already). Thanks!

dewlin07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 09:06 PM   #2826
dewlin07

G15 Fujian Expressway (from Shishi to Xiamen)
Photo taken by me on January 2014

Puli Service Area

Luki_SL, big-dog liked this post
Old October 4th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #2827
dewlin07

Fujian Expressway
Photo taken by Pinoy Joyride
(you can like his Facebook Page if you want to watch Philippine Roads and Expressways! )

Click image to view photo source.

Pinoy Joyride Facebook Page

SRC_100, Luki_SL, big-dog liked this post
Old October 4th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #2828
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

Maybe somebody will find it in Google Images. I can't, because I'm currently on Tapatalk.
bigic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 09:10 PM   #2829
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Aside from the signs, looks kind of like Italy
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #2830
dewlin07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigic View Post
Maybe somebody will find it in Google Images. I can't, because I'm currently on Tapatalk.
I already tried to find it on Google Images. But there was no result.
Old October 10th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #2831
CNGL
Leudimin

A new update to Google Maps has put up some of the numbering of the 2013 expressway plan. This marked the first appearing of the following designations: G2516, G3017, G4215, G4216, G50S, G5012, G5013, G5515, G69, G7611, G95 (G1N was already there in the last update).

Along with that, the Wikipedia article has been expanded, and now includes almost every damn provincial expressway (Hebei, Sichuan, Tibet and possibly a couple others are still incomplete). Of note is that the ordering is a bit different of what I use: The Wikipedia goes Hebei-Heilongjiang-Henan and Shaanxi-Shandong-Shanghai-Shanxi while I go more with hanzi and thus Hebei-Henan-Heilongjiang and Shandong-both Shanxies-Shanghai. This list includes among others the Jilin's S10 Tonghua-Shenzhen (sic) expressway (It is Shenyang, not Shenzhen, they are different characters) and the Xinjiang's S12 Khunjerab expressway (Really they are going to build THAT? First was the G4218 Xinzang expressway and now this, China keeps surprising me). And I wish good luck to Fujian building both S1513 and S1515 to Jinmen (An island controlled by Taiwan).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #2832
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18149

China aims to sooth transport bottlenecks by 2020

BEIJING, Oct 4 (Reuters) - China aims to ease transport bottlenecks which are affecting economic development by 2020 with a plan announced on Saturday to tackle issues such as excessive road tolls and poor connectivity and to ensure the smoother flow of goods.

Despite billions of dollars being invested in recent years on roads, railways and ports, China's rapid economic growth has meant that transport facilities still easily clog up, raising the cost of doing business.

Last year, logistics costs made up 18 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), roughly double that of the developed world and higher even than Brazil or India, with a fractured industry made up of too many small players and lack of modern warehousing, the central government said in a statement on its website.

"Infrastructure is comparatively backward and cannot satisfy the demands of the development of modern logistics," it said, outlining a plan running to 2020 to deal with the problem.

Previously announced steps such as trying to rein in excessive tolls and penalties have failed to be fully effective, affecting the movement of goods within the country, the government added.

Logistics companies will be encouraged to merge to form larger entities, there will be better integration between railways and ports and more facilities will be built to improve the transport of coal and grains and resolve "chokeholds", the statement said.

The government will also encourage the building of oil and LNG tankers and ports which can handle imports of iron ore and other minerals, it added.

The plan, which did not mention any investment figures, comes as the government is pushing through a new round of reforms aimed at bolstering a slowing economy, including trying to cut red tape, but avoiding massive spending rises.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #2833
CNGL
Leudimin

There are some guidelines for posting news:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
Fair Use
Quoting long and full articles from external sources is not the proper way to start a discussion or to use as an argument. Fair use of a source means:

1. name and link the source
2. quote a maximum of about 100 words
3. link to the full article

Your news quote should look like this:

Title of the article
source: Lorem Ipsum

Quote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam elit lorem, sodales vitae, scelerisque in, commodo eget, tortor. Mauris ut enim. Nam aliquam, enim at fermentum porta, dui odio nonummy dui, suscipit ultricies nulla urna in nisi. Nunc id magna ut erat condimentum placerat. Phasellus sem. Morbi bibendum, dolor nec pellentesque cursus, tortor turpis porttitor ante, vel nonummy dui ante eleifend sapien. Sed porta ultrices neque. Vivamus tortor diam, accumsan vel, lobortis vitae, euismod euismod, quam. Sed varius. Etiam arcu. Maecenas nisl orci, euismod at, vulputate id, lacinia non, diam. Maecenas sed quam a massa lacinia posuere. Integer a leo.
continue reading: http://www.lipsum.com/feed/html
Anyway, even though the Hebei list on Wikipedia is still incomplete, it already states that the Xuanhua-Datong expressway is S32. They could have numbered it S30 to match Shanxi's number. Google Maps gives out a few other numbers, including a duplicate S52 (Which really is G1812). And the closure for widening has resulted in G4 vanishing from that map between Gaobeidian and Xinle.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:04 AM   #2834
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
A new update to Google Maps has put up some of the numbering of the 2013 expressway plan. This marked the first appearing of the following designations: G2516, G3017, G4215, G4216, G50S, G5012, G5013, G5515, G69, G7611, G95 (G1N was already there in the last update).
A close look reveals that the expressway opening festival which took place by the end of last year is now in Google Maps. Since so 'few' expressways have opened since then, we can say Google Maps is now more up to date than ever.

Anyway, some time ago I discovered that a 2x4, G4 Shijiazhuang bypass is U/C. And newly updated imagery has allowed me to find the Western arc of the damn freaking huge Chongqing ultra outer space beltway U/C, approximately from G93 right at the Sichuan border to North of G5013, and I assume up to G93 again. I believe North of G85 it is part of G8515.
Old October 19th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #2835
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
16 October 2014

A 124 kilometer segment of the S85 Yourui G59 Hubei Expressway opened to traffic in northwestern Shanxi province. It runs from S46 G1812 at Kelan to S50 near Linxian.
FTFY.

Last edited by CNGL; October 28th, 2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Fixed
Old October 19th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #2836
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

Some provinces seem to have double numbering and naming of expressways.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #2837
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Driving in Sichuan

beautiful autumn
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #2838
CNGL
Leudimin

I've got to correct some expressway numbers that are incorrect in Google Maps (And maybe Baidu too):
'S52' Chengde-Qinghuandao: S11. Google has labelled Beijing's S11 (Which only extends out to G4501) all the way to Chengde, with the standalone section between G45 and G25 actually numbered S2501. The correct S52 is the one that is becoming G1812. Most other expressways in Hebei have been numbered.
'G0511' near Linfen in Shanxi: S73. G0511 is actually the Deyang-Dujiangyan section of the Chengdu mega ringroad.
'G1801' Shuozhou link: S38. This one was obviously incorrect: Not a ringroad, doesn't connect to G18 and not part of the national network.
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #2839
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

And what is your source?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2014, 01:05 AM   #2840
CNGL
Leudimin

Blame Wikipedia . What was outdated it's now the most up-to-date list I know thanks to user Tiemestari.